Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
My dealer replaced mine no questions asked at the same time they replaced the sunroof.... and did both recalls lol. It was an expensive day for them.

·
Vendor
1,339 Posts
Yeah, gonna have to say no on this one. Mine has not suffered from heat, nor ammonia damage or alcohol crazing, I believe it is just pure and simple crappy materials.

Dealer will replace, as they did mine and many others. Contact @AlfaRomeoCares if you're in the US to get this escalated.
Yes! I would be happy to assist, please send us a private message with more information.

Alison
AlfaRomeoCares

·
Registered
348 Posts
Same thing is happening to me (2019 QV)...told dealer about it at my last visit and they said they’d replace it under warranty with my next service. I’m in no rush as it’s only starting to show up in the bottom left corner of the screen. So I’m not sweating it :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just thought this problem was how screen looked naturally as mine isn't all that noticeable. The dealer has my car right now and called and said they are gonna change the screen under warranty as they noticed it had the cracking. I was like oh, okay that's nice of you haha. I feel a little bad because at first it seemed like they were gonna try to blame me for the CEL I had (asking if I had mods, tunes, or used race fuel, as they said the fuel smelled weird, negative to all.) But low and behold they went above and beyond and changed the screen I wasn't even complaining about, so good on them!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lucky you. UK dealer who I didn't buy car from made veiled suggestions me or somone else had cleaned it with something causing the cracks. Felt like I had been transported back to customer service from the last century. Still waiting for confirmation weeks later if warranty will repair. They seemed to indicate supplying dealer should pay. Nuts.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Finally getting it replaced on 3/3/2021 under warranty.

Reactions: MorganB

·
Registered
2017 RWD Ti Lusso
153 Posts
MIne developed the same issue. Internal "bubbling" effect right at the bottom, not the crazing effect in the main screen area.
Read most threads here and the Italian forum @MorganB mentioned. I think crazing and the bubbles might be 2 distinct problems occurring for different reasons on the same problematic material.
FWIW, mine has been for interior cleaning and they used Meguires all purpose cleaner (unknown to me dilution) a week prior to me noticing the problem. Still, I am not convinced cleaning agent is the cause, as some Italian guys reported the problem even having not used any chemicals for screen cleaning.

I heard this part is expensive, so I wont bother replacing unless it deteriorates further.

Not happy... 😒

·
Registered
7 Posts
MIne developed the same issue. Internal "bubbling" effect right at the bottom, not the crazing effect in the main screen area.
Read most threads here and the Italian forum @MorganB mentioned. I think crazing and the bubbles might be 2 distinct problems occurring for different reasons on the same problematic material.
FWIW, mine has been for interior cleaning and they used Meguires all purpose cleaner (unknown to me dilution) a week prior to me noticing the problem. Still, I am not convinced cleaning agent is the cause, as some Italian guys reported the problem even having not used any chemicals for screen cleaning.

I heard this part is expensive, so I wont bother replacing unless it deteriorates further.

View attachment 111728 View attachment 111729
Not happy... 😒
Could be but I think my left hand edge was just starting to look like that and I also had the fine crazing / bubbles. Eventually after asking for Alfa customer relations help mine was replaced by the supplying dealer (at the cost of a couple of marks to the dashboard). It looks like all the dials had to be removed to change it but whilst they referred to replacing the Nav its clearly only the screen.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine had that issue at the bottom when I purchased it used. It almost looked like someone had tried to pry the panel off.

Can't complain as the salesman would not "replace the radio" as it was too expensive, but dropped the price by $200.
The next week I took it in for warranty service and they replaced the front panel for me. Told me they did not need to replace the entire radio.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anybody else noticed tiny, hairline cracks developing on their infotainment screen? This is a troubling new development that I discovered yesterday when the display looked like it was fuzzy.
It doesn't show up well in the photos, but these are teeny tiny cracks on the screen. Ugh!
Hi, I am having the same issue and will be calling Alfa Romeo for replacement. I’ve only had the car for six months from new and I Park in the garage

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Q4 TI Sport
84 Posts
Good thing I found this thread, because I have the same issue. At first I thought it was my eyes, but the wife also noticed it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2022 Stelvio Ti has the same problem.

The vehicle is brand new and 2 weeks old and it has the same issue.

Opened a case with Alfa Romeo of White Plains in NY.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts