Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My guys tint 3-4 cars a year for me and are the best. They already knew about AMP and took out seat (have to on Quad) and kept everything protected for back window. Only pro way to tint this correct and protect AMP from water. Carry on...

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks great. i am contemplating a tint on my volcano black qv. what % tint is that?
30% on sides (max you can do in Texas on front windows) and I kept uniform on sides at 30%, back window is 15%. Always what I do on my cars...Pinnacle Ceramic.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
My guys tint 3-4 cars a year for me and are the best. They already knew about AMP and took out seat (have to on Quad) and kept everything protected for back window. Only pro way to tint this correct and protect AMP from water. Carry on...
BIG DAWG !!! Have them insert a clipping mechanism so you can fold down your Quad seats when you want.....>:)

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
how much did they charge you?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just did mine with SunTech - 50% all around.

Requirement is that it had to be all the way to the top.

$250.
That's nice. Who cares how much it costs? I'd gladly pay $500 as I trust my guys and they have done cars for me for a decade. No issues. You get what you pay for with tint down the line.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, that's an excellent price for LLumar's FormulaOne Pinnacle. Where did you get it done from?

I'm going to do mine 20% all around and 80% on the front windshield
Sunbusters. They are the best in Austin. They always give me a decent discount because of the amount of cars they've done for me. Great guys and that was with all of the disassembly of the back seat and rear deck to protect amp.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
The reason I was asking how much it cost was mainly to compare prices to the NYC area.

Formula One is probably the best tint out there in my opinion, much better than 3M.

Reactions: ATXQUAD

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,754 Posts
Nice to see pictures of the construction details of the car; thanks.
You might want to consider that the rear headrests can only be removed by removing the rear seat first. If you want to remove them now is the time.
Was that smudge on the left rear bolster there before they started work, an optical illusion, or a problem?

It is not obvious to me from the pictures why QV does not have fold down rear seats.

Personally, I value my friends and relatives too much to ever make any of them ride center rear. That rear center headrest and center seatbelt will be removed promptly once I get my car. There is no sense in restricting rear visibility or dragging the weight around.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Nice to see pictures of the construction details of the car; thanks.
You might want to consider that the rear headrests can only be removed by removing the rear seat first. If you want to remove them now is the time.
Was that smudge on the left rear bolster there before they started work, an optical illusion, or a problem?

It is not obvious to me from the pictures why QV does not have fold down rear seats.

Personally, I value my friends and relatives too much to ever make any of them ride center rear. That rear center headrest and center seatbelt will be removed promptly once I get my car. There is no sense in restricting rear visibility or dragging the weight around.
Yep! I remove rear center headrest on my cars as well, for same reasons.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
The 2017 amplifiers, through mid-production (I think), were susceptible to amplifier water damage. We covered it in the TSB threads. Later model Productions have the and protector already in place.

The issue with tinting the rear window is the amount of water and soapy solution the installers use to spray down the inside of the window for the film application. Excessive water would drip down the window and get on the wiring and so forth and drip onto the amplifier. Electronics and water do not mix!

The fix from Alfa Romeo included what looks like the addition of a parcel shelf above the amplifier. Basically, they came up with a cover that shields the amplifier from water. The amp is in the left rear trunk area of the car and is easy to determine if the amp protection is in place.

·
Registered
537 Posts
^Good call but the amp isn’t all that easy to see, lol, check your service records to see if it was done, or ask the selling dealer to check the service history.
We have seen issues with the amplifier connections corroding, and after it happened to a few cars it was determined that the cause was the tinters since the cars all had tint applied, the wiring was not weather sealed because it’s inside the car, where it should be dry, hence the issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi. do you know how they removed that rear panel? it provides access to the "subwoofer" correct?

thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.