Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I ordered a Guilia in Sept. and I was told it was going to be ready for me to pick up by Dec. 25th. During this time there was a $1750 conquest cash offer. Unfortunately, the car did not arrive and now its ETA is Jan. 5-15. However, now there is no conquest cash offer. So, it looks like I am going to have to pay full price. Anyone have a similar experience and what, if anything, were you able to do about it. Dealer basically says too bad. Are there any conquest cash offers coming out that anyone knows about?

Thanks,

Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
303 Posts
I would suggest you tell the dealer you will complete the purchase including the incentive amount. I think it is reasonable to expect a $4000 discount off of SRP. You may need to walk away from that dealer (did you place a deposit) if they are not reasonable. I believe Alfa is working hard to get as many cars out into the public as possible as fast as possible so many dealers have large inventories and are very willing to deal. Be firm but reasonable and I think the dealer will likely give you what you are asking for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
271 Posts
Incentives change on a regular frequency. Most dealers will tell you up front they will apply any incentives at the time of purchase (not order--as they have no clue what will apply 3-5 months down the road). There are no incentives on Quads, so I assume this is not one.

Did you sign any paperwork when you left the deposit? What does it say?

Now should they take $1750 off of the sticker -- yes. Will they, probably not. But as stated, have a calm discussion with GM not floor person.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
693 Posts
I have a 5000 dollar deposit down. Non refundable.
Ouch! When I was checking around, most dealers were only asking $500-$1500. Some were refundable. I ended up paying $1500 non-refundable but only because their discount off MSRP was so good. One dealer (Greensboro NC) was asking 5000 but I wrote-off that place immediately as "unreasonable".

Did the dealer "promise" the car by December, in writing? If so maybe you could get your refund back on the grounds that they broke the arrangement or use it as a bargaining chip to get a (further) discount off of MSRP.
If not, sorry to say I think the dealer has you "over a barrel", so to speak.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unfortunately, no. They claim that it was an ETA only. I think I am screwed. Stay away from Alfa Romeo Greenway East Orlando. They do not play well with others. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
573 Posts
The Dealer I ordered from asked for a $1000 non refundable deposit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,807 Posts
Wonder if Alfa Cares can step in here ? If nothing else, you lose nothing by asking....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
271 Posts
I apologize for being naïve but, how do I get in touch with Alfa Cares?
I wouldn't waste your time with them, they are just a bunch of internet workers who really have no power to do anything but make appointments at best.

Forget them. Call YOUR dealer and sit down with the General Manager--that is the decision maker. Dealing with anyone else will do you no good. Decision makers make things happen, floor people and 'Alfa Cares' won't help you in this situation. It's very simple.

You left the deposit. You agreed to terms (if you signed something). Outside of that they are in charge. They don't want your car, so you have a little power, but need to use it correctly. Talk to GM (nicely).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
I would suggest that no deposit is actually non-refundable, unless you signed a purchase agreement.

It all depends on the paperwork, but most dealers are too lazy to actually create something that is contractual. Most likely they just gave you a receipt, which doesn't bind you to anything.

Just my $0.02.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ATXQUAD

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
Joined
·
7,482 Posts
The Dealer I ordered from asked for a $1000 non refundable deposit.
Even that seems steep, especially for non-refundable. I'd offer $250 to let them know you're serious or make it refundable if conditions aren't met.

I apologize for being naïve but, how do I get in touch with Alfa Cares?
They sometimes stalk here. Or you can IM them.

http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/321-new-member-introductions/13610-hello-alfaromeocares.html
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top