Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Well, it's been about a month since I picked up my Ti Q4, it's both amazing and scary at the same time. Coming out of a 1st. gen Cayman, I have to learn how to drive all over again. The car is quick, enough that I have to wonder, why would I need more than the 280hp I already have. Got My first ticket a week to the hour from when I picked it up. The Trooper even commented on the color (Misano Blue), and the car itself, loved it, still gave me a ticket! It's all good. :wink2:

Just ordered a Morphorn rear CF spoiler ( $ 168.99 U.S., Amazon). My dealer said they would install it for free, just to see if it's something to offer to their customers.

Will post photos as soon as I figure out how to upload (computer luddite).

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,473 Posts
While one doesn't necessarily make a magnet, I can identify, also experiencing my first in my Q4. Do you think rear the spoiler will help avoid them?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, but what is Waze? I've never driven with any type of detector on any of my vehicles, really only seem to get tickets shortly after picking up a new car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Compared to my Cayman, speed builds so smoothly, seamlessly, that you can be in the trouble zone pretty quickly. The owners of smaller sport cars know what I mean, you can see and feel the speed building, and being a bit closer to the road, velocity perception is somewhat heightened. Coming into work today, I found myself doing 85 mph, felt more like 65. Once I get used to the difference, I'm better able to gauge speed. Looking down at the speedo has surprised me a few times, as the steering is so sensitive, that if you take your eyes off the road, you can wander a bit. Heads Up Display would be nice....

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Sorry, but what is Waze? I've never driven with any type of detector on any of my vehicles, really only seem to get tickets shortly after picking up a new car.
Navigation app that advises you of best traffic routes and assorted other travel issues....road hazzards and my favorite "Police up ahead" !!!

Reactions: Tippster

·
Registered
279 Posts
The navigation part of it is good also - but even if you don't use that, the social network part of it for road hazards and such is invaluable. Here in NY, without it reporting potholes up ahead for me on our terrible roads, I would have lost a couple of wheels and tires this winter.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,473 Posts
I like Waze but sometimes feel guilty for not contributing more. I hope those that post are not doing so as they drive.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I wonder if the police have that app to so as soon as they are spotted they move. I wouldn't rely to heavily on an app. Here they move around after a short period unless they have the speed camera's setup for the day in the unmanned vans. We plan to get a radar detector just not sure which one is the best yet. I have to go back to the threads on that topic.

·
Registered
110 Posts
We plan to get a radar detector just not sure which one is the best yet. I have to go back to the threads on that topic.
Uniden R1/R3 seem to be the most recommended right now. I just ordered an R3. Waiting on Amazon to deliver.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hello all,
Well, it's been about a month since I picked up my Ti Q4, it's both amazing and scary at the same time. Coming out of a 1st. gen Cayman, I have to learn how to drive all over again. The car is quick, enough that I have to wonder, why would I need more than the 280hp I already have. ).

I agree with your comment about the 280 horses. It is hard to imagine what one would do with the 500 plus ponies of the QV.
This is also my first automatic, and I was really reluctant after several manual Porsches. However, it took me less than a day to forget the clutch pedal! The Giulia's transmission with the paddle shifter is simply amazing! Downshifting one or two gears just before pushing down the throttle is an incredible experience.

·
Registered
857 Posts
That idea just clicked for me. I have Waze on my iPhone and will try it out tonight myself. By the way, welcome to the club Reggietx :) I have a rear spoiler coming soon and can't wait to see what it looks like. Now I wish I could find an "anti-radar" spoiler...

·
Registered
402 Posts
I'll go for that!! Will it integrate with my (2017) Android-less system, or just on my phone?
As far as I know it will not intergrate with either the non-ACC/Android cars or the cars with ACC/Android Audio. I could be wrong, so someone here can correct me.

On another note, Waze just announced that Ford's with the Sync 3 system will be able to run Waze through the dash. So if you have a Ford/Lincoln, you can do this.

·
Registered
40 Posts
As far as I know it will not intergrate with either the non-ACC/Android cars or the cars with ACC/Android Audio. I could be wrong, so someone here can correct me.

On another note, Waze just announced that Ford's with the Sync 3 system will be able to run Waze through the dash. So if you have a Ford/Lincoln, you can do this.
Waze works fine with Android Auto.

·
Registered
144 Posts
1. Waze is awesome
2. Misano Blue gets attention from anyone who is a human being.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Black over black with tinted windows makes it common around here. The uncommon bit is that it’s an Alfa. I’ve seen more Lambo’s than Alfa’s around here, and people seem to think it’s like a Ferrari or Maserati...maybe the cops are laying off all the lawyer types in the rich enclaves to my north and east, and I benefit.

Wake will not integrate with a 17, but there are phone mounts that make it usable.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts