Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:

First, I have searched and found no information on the difference between a US Gulia (nonTI) and Gulia TI. What is the difference? Where can one find this information? I did find some info on difference between Stelvio and Stelvio TI at https://www.alfaromeousa.com/content...ailability.pdf.

Secondly, What is the difference between the Gulia (nonTI) and Gulia Sport (nonTI) they have same MSRP.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
If you log onto alfaromeousa.com and do a build for the base model, and the base Ti model, you'll see the differences. The Ti is $2,000 more and it includes bigger wheels, fancier power seats and more options for lights, performance and interior. Basically it's the upscale version. Both the base and the Ti have the same engine, trans and chassis.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I would go for a Ti. I spent 12 years in my LS Miata because it was all I could afford, or so I thought. I started on 14 inch wheels and no rear spoiler. But what I really wanted was a Mazdaspeed version. The Ti is great value for the money. Style and performance. But now, almost 18 years later, widowed, no kids, no college funds, I was more in a position to go big. And I plan to take just as good care of my Quad as I would a Ti. You can't take it with you, but you do have to register, inspect, maintain and insure your baby. Get what fits into your budget now and besides, if you get into the hobby some more, building a car yourself is the best way to learn! I did the full SS exhaust including 4-2-1 header. Suspension, brakes, aero, wheels and tires. I had a mechanic do the supercharger install and a frame+body guy replace the front rails that had rotted. I even trouble-shot the boost harness all by myself, twice! Also did my own compression tests. I hope to have the frame+body guy do my passenger rear quarter and rockers this summer. So that's 3 possible scenarios. Base and build. Ti and build. Or just Ti. Even the Quad can be reached if you chose wisely. Carbon brakes and seats are overkill ;) A Ti with aftermarket spoiler looks great!

Reactions: Roo

·
Registered
647 Posts
Also, go to a very large Alfa Dealer with lots of Giulia's in stock and scroll down their models, doesn't have to be one near you. Many dealers have a link for the window sticker on each vehicle in stock. This will tell you what the base Giulia and also the Ti model's come with as standard and also will list any upgrade packages with the extra price and all the includes details. Here is one example of a dealer in my area. Some dealers in particular areas seem to have more cold weather packages and sunroofs.

....... Go to a dealer website.
....... Click on New Vehicles
....... See Shop By Model and click on Alfa Romeo Giulia Sedan
....... Scroll down the list for a model you might be interested in like this 2018 ALFA ROMEO GIULIA TI LUSSO AWD, $52,690.
....... Click on View Window Sticker and you will see Pdf page for the window sticker.
https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=ZARFAEEN6J7572536

Note the starting difference between the base Giulia and the base Ti model is only about $2000. They are both the same car including engine and trans except for possible extra packages, including larger tire and premium paint. Below the Base Price and Standard Equipment you will see all standard equipment with the base MSRP. Below Optional Equipment you will see all the extra package and special paint prices. Some of the sticker sheets my not be there on some of their vehicles. However, after scrolling down thru some in stack vehicles you will get to know all the optional upgrade packages and their prices.

I saved a ton of cash ($38,270 out the door, before taxes, etc.) by staying with the base model with 8.8 NAV screen and sports interior (paddle shifters, etc) and exterior packages only. I also like the more plain 5 hole wheels, 18" tires. Didn't need or want the other optional stuff including sunroof. My seats are extremely comfortable at 6-4 and 230lbs.

The level of base or Ti is wide open depending on how many packages you desire. Buy or lease any Giulia model and you will fall in love with this awesome sports sedan. :D

Attachments

Reactions: Tazio!1901

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think the very short answer is as follows. The base giulia can be made identical to a Ti by adding options except for four things that are Ti only:

- Sports Seats
- 19" Wheels
- LSD
- adaptive suspension

Those four things are only available on a Ti. So if they really matter to you, get a Ti. If not get a base to save a bunch of money.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Also, go to a very large Alfa Dealer with lots of Giulia's in stock and scroll down their models, doesn't have to be one near you. Many dealers have a link for the window sticker on each vehicle in stock. This will tell you what the base Giulia and also the Ti model's come with as standard and also will list any upgrade packages with the extra price and all the includes details. Here is one example of a dealer in my area. Some dealers in particular areas seem to have more cold weather packages and sunroofs.

....... Go to a dealer website.
....... Click on New Vehicles
....... See Shop By Model and click on Alfa Romeo Giulia Sedan
....... Scroll down the list for a model you might be interested in like this 2018 ALFA ROMEO GIULIA TI LUSSO AWD, $52,690.
....... Click on View Window Sticker and you will see Pdf page for the window sticker.
https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=ZARFAEEN6J7572536

Note the starting difference between the base Giulia and the base Ti model is only about $2000. They are both the same car including engine and trans except for possible extra packages, including larger tire and premium paint. Below the Base Price and Standard Equipment you will see all standard equipment with the base MSRP. Below Optional Equipment you will see all the extra package and special paint prices. Some of the sticker sheets my not be there on some of their vehicles. However, after scrolling down thru some in stack vehicles you will get to know all the optional upgrade packages and their prices.

I saved a ton of cash ($38,270 out the door, before taxes, etc.) by staying with the base model with 8.8 NAV screen and sports interior (paddle shifters, etc) and exterior packages only. I also like the more plain 5 hole wheels, 18" tires. Didn't need or want the other optional stuff including sunroof. My seats are extremely comfortable at 6-4 and 230lbs.

The level of base or Ti is wide open depending on how many packages you desire. Buy or lease any Giulia model and you will fall in love with this awesome sports sedan. :D
These are my favorite 18" rims.

I wish I had them over the Turbine's.

·
Registered
279 Posts
It's all about the Ti seats - the bolsters are highly articulated, if you are uncomfortable sitting in them - then that rules out the Ti from your configuration list. And unfortunately that also knocks you out from getting 19" wheels.

·
Registered
459 Posts
It's all about the Ti seats - the bolsters are highly articulated, if you are uncomfortable sitting in them - then that rules out the Ti from your configuration list. And unfortunately that also knocks you out from getting 19" wheels.
Well, you can get a TI lusso and not get the sport seats with the high side bolsters....Just sayin....

·
Registered
279 Posts
2018 RWD:
OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT (May Replace Standard Equipment)
Ti Sport RWD Package 22U $2,500

19–Inch X 8–Inch Dark 5–Hole Aluminum Wheels
225/40R19 All Season Performance Tires
Sport Front & Rear Fascias
Gloss Black Window Surround Moldings
Colored Brake Calipers
Sport Leather Seats
Power Adjustable Bolsters
Manual Adjustable Thigh Support
Aluminum Interior Trim
Sport Leather–Wrapped Steering Wheel
Steering Column–Mounted Aluminum Paddle Shifters
Bright Aluminum Pedals

Ti Leather Package $995
Leather Dash & Upper Doors
Air Quality System

Cargo Convenience Package $250
Cargo Tie Down Loops
Grocery Bag Hooks
Cargo Net

Driver Assistance Static Package $650
Blind–Spot and Cross–Path Detection
Auto–Dimming Exterior Mirrors

Ti Sport Performance Package $1,200
Active Suspension
Limited Slip Differential Rear Axle

Dual–Pane Sunroof $1,350
Gloss Black Shark Fin Antenna
Q2 Badge

Harman Kardon® Premium Audio System $900
Summer / 3–Season Tires
19" x 8" 19" x 9" Dark 5–Hole Aluminum Wheels
Gloss Red Calipers with White Script

·
Registered
303 Posts
I believe the seats you are referring to are a function of the Sport option, not Ti. I have Ti Lusso and have upgraded seats, but definitely not the Sport seats, which in my view were too bolstered. The TI can be had in Lusso or Sport configurations with the seats being different in each.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,715 Posts
The sport seat bolsters are definitely prominent. I had my concerns, but regularly make 4 hour drives in them with no comfort issues. One thing I find is that I can "hook" my rib cage on the back bolsters and decompress my lower spine---very comfortable.

If you like driving the curvy roads (IMO: why bother with an Alfa if you don't?) I think the sport seats stop the occupants from sliding around very effectively. You can just sit in the seat and not have to worry about "holding on". If the seats were cloth covered then the cloth would do some of the work, but then you lose out on the Italian leather.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts