Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive searched fairly extensively and cant seem to find the main differences between the TI Lusso and TI Sport. I priced both out fully loaded and am confused as to why the Lusso is so much less expensive, by 4k fully loaded.

The only things I've been able to find are:
1. different wheels which doesnt bother me in fact, Im not a big fan of the 5 hole.
2. front and back bumpers are slightly different a bit more aggressive looking on the TI Sport.
3. Some Chrome around the window...

Same engine, same handling more or less (slightly less sporty tires), same options...4k more?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Can you post some window sticker links? That should answer it. As far as I'm aware they should be the same price, they're the same unoptioned price. I guess it might be due to some options like the leather package which is standard on Lusso (and an option on Sport), and possibly expensive wheel options on the Sport? Otherwise no idea.

Major differences are that Lusso has leather package and non-sport (but tiltable) seats. Sport has heavily bolstered seats with an adjustable thigh support extension, but no tilt (and doesn't come with leather package by default. Sport has the paddle shifters by default, need Ti Performance Package to get them on the Lusso.

I strongly recommend getting the Ti Performance Package regardless of which you go for. That's the actual sport driving option (giving you the LSD and Sport Suspension, as well as the paddle shifters if you got Lusso or plain Ti as a base).

EDIT: I just tried using the Alfa Romeo USA website to configure both options and tried to max them both out. Not much difference at all. Lusso has +$350 for colored brake calipers (that Sport has by default), and Sport has +$500 for bigger wheels and +$1000 for the leather package.

·
Registered
133 Posts
the only thing matters is that you can only get the 5-hole wheels with Ti sport trim. that 5-hole wheel is a symbol of Alfa.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Go sit in both, if you have a chance. No tilt for the non-lusso seats was a deal breaker for me, as much as I liked the other sport options. No fun driving a great looking car if you can't find a comfortable seating position.

In the interior looks department, I really wanted the wood option, as well as the leather dash (the latter is an option on the other models, too). Exterior appearance, though, the sport model is the better looking one, IMO.

Life's full of compromises... :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Go sit in both, if you have a chance. No tilt for the non-lusso seats was a deal breaker for me, as much as I liked the other sport options. No fun driving a great looking car if you can't find a comfortable seating position.

In the interior looks department, I really wanted the wood option, as well as the leather dash (the latter is an option on the other models, too). Exterior appearance, though, the sport model is the better looking one, IMO.

Life's full of compromises... :)
While I liked the sport seats, the lusso crema interior w/ walnut trim is absolutely gorgeous, so I went with that. Wish I had 5-hole wheels though! Anyone wanna swap? :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
While I liked the sport seats, the lusso crema interior w/ walnut trim is absolutely gorgeous, so I went with that. Wish I had 5-hole wheels though! Anyone wanna swap? :)
I’m with you @lessthanjoey. I have a Monte Carlo Blue Ti Lusso Sport with the Crema interior. The light wood, swathes of leather, and supple tan leather seats envelope you in pure Italian decadence. With the sport pkg, I get the active suspension, LSD, paddle shifters and other goodies. In one mode it is an awesome Grand Tourer; turn the dial and I’m ready to carve curves with the best of them.

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport Q2
498 Posts
It is whatever you feel is most important. As I do like luxury options, I wanted the sport seats and 5-hole wheels, so I was not even looking at a Lusso at all. I am 6'8", so tilted seats or no tilted seats, they are all too small for me to have leg support.

I do have the performance package, but honestly I do not feel a difference in driving with that on, but you do get the Q badge :). The only thing I kind of wished I had was the leather dash.

I am also not sure if the Lusso comes in Misano blue, which would have been a deal breaker as well.

Make a list of what you feel is most important to have. That's what I did since I had the choice to pick both types, but ended up with a TI Sport

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Crema interior is beautiful but not that practical I think....could be improved with darker carpets, darker lower door cards and center console.....I'm referring to the practicality quotient....would better mask scuffs from shoes and it's got to be impossible to keep those light carpets looking good....

Reactions: lockem

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,723 Posts
I have a Bianco Trofeo Q4 Ti Sport with Red/Black interior, performance package, and leather package. I think a light colored interior is too prone to showing stains, that wood in the interior is too fragile, and that dark exteriors show dirt and get too hot in the sun. YMMV.

Also, the front Sport grills are different than the Lusso grills, with a large vent in the middle that appears to be for brake cooling.

The 19" wheels are about 1 pound lighter than the 18" lusso wheels, so they do enhance handling. The sport seat bolsters take a little getting used to, but are really appreciated during aggressive cornering. The interior of the car is relatively small so dressed up or not the car isn't what I think of as "luxury".

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Crema interior is beautiful but not that practical I think....could be improved with darker carpets, darker lower door cards and center console.....I'm referring to the practicality quotient....would better mask scuffs from shoes and it's got to be impossible to keep those light carpets looking good....
Carpets will hold up fine if you don’t live in a place with dirty snow!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the Lusso. The seats were the dealbreaker for the Sport - well, not a deal breaker for me but for my wife :/

I love everything about the Lusso except the wheels look like they're off a Buick and what's the point of my red calipers if you can't see them behind those awful wheels?

Oh, if anyone regrets not having these awesome Lusso wheels, let me know, maybe we can work something out ;)

Reactions: ChiGuy

·
Registered
332 Posts
The lusso is awesome. The interior is in a class of its own, I have the tan leather. Honestly, I think the smooth rear diffuser is a better look for the Ti. I also think the glossy black plastic molding around the windows looked cheap.

With the windows tinted and wheels swapped for the dark forged ones, it’s the perfect look.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
What about light lower door cards, entrance sills, light center console, etc, etc.....

Darker carpets , lower door cards, sills, center console would add more contrast and liven up the interior even more IMHO.....what about rain ? Everyone gets rain ???

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've got the crema interior. Waiting for the Luxor stitched floor covers to come out for the Q4. I have a 5 year old :eek:

It's what they had on the lot and they were motivated to sell.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Not so much, you just put mats down. I had some protective mats (maybe floor-covers would be a better term) made at a local upholstery shop and they cover the sides as well. I just took over a pattern and they made them up out of waterproof indoor/outdoor upholstery fabric. Plus I got to pick out a very nice gold on black geometric pattern. $50.

But I agree, I like the foot wells dark better than the crema foot wells.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
TAstes vary, thats why they make cars in different flavors....
I have Crema Lusso and have added heavy plush luxurious black mats that made the look even better....door cards and center console do not scuff at all (they still look like 16k miles ago)

The best is the one that suits your taste best, just enjoy whatever you chose

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have the Lusso. The seats were the dealbreaker for the Sport - well, not a deal breaker for me but for my wife :/

I love everything about the Lusso except the wheels look like they're off a Buick and what's the point of my red calipers if you can't see them behind those awful wheels?

Oh, if anyone regrets not having these awesome Lusso wheels, let me know, maybe we can work something out ;)
Fear not. The Lusso wheels look like a B7 Alpina, not a Buick!!

http://bestcarmag.com/gallery/bmw-alpina-b7/page/11

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I too have the Crema interior, and I think it's just gorgeous. I live in an area that gets snow in the winter, and of course rain in the spring and fall, so I got the black Weathertech customizable mats which the dealer cut to fit the car when I bought it. The black mats look good and provide just the right amount of contrast in the footwell. Aluminum scuff panels on the lower part of the doors would have been nice, but I just keep them clean. The only area of concern for me is going to be the side of the transmission tunnel next to the gas pedal. For some reason they didn't put a hard scuff pad there like many other cars have. I know that over time that's going to wear and get both dirty and worn, so I'll probably get a small piece of rubber mat and velcro it at that spot. An auto upholstery shop should have a small piece of what I would need.

My only other area of concern is the privacy panel for the sunroof, which is simply the light color cloth. There's no backing behind it. The sun comes through it which adds illumination to the interior, and while some people probably think that's a plus, I'm not crazy about it. I may get some felt or something that doesn't let light through, and cut a piece to lay behind the privacy panel so when it's closed, the sun doesn't shine through.

Other than those two things, the Crema interior is perfect for me. I've gotten many compliments from people who've seen it.

As for the outside, I actually like the non-sport front better. I think it fits the overall lines of the car better, and the lower part is slightly less busy-looking than the sport front. The chrome window trim looks good and won't have issues with fading or worn spots. The Lusso wheels are okay, but they are a pain to clean. I put winter tires on them and they're now my winter set. I got a set of Fast Wheels FC04 rims for my 3-season set which are a beautiful metal flake gun-metal gray, and that color combo with the Monte Carlo Blue looks really good. They're also 6.4 lbs lighter than the factory wheels which makes a difference in the overall performance of the car.

There's something about this car that's very nearly magical. Every time I get in and close the door, I can feel it. It speaks of elegance and refinement; beauty and class. There's a quiet, calm competence I can feel before I even start the car. The steering wheel with the start button on it visually communicates a readiness for more than luxury, should you choose to do something... more. It's as though there's a steward saying: "What is your pleasure today sir?".

This is my first Alfa and I can see why people are so passionate about them. I've had mine since September of last year, and I still stop and turn around to look at it when I park it anywhere. I find the car to be inspiring in many ways. I find excuses to drive it. I go the long way on local trips around town. I've even bought a wool tweed driving hat, gloves, and a winter scarf along with a Crema color jacket for inclement weather so I can look the part.

Love this car.

·
Registered
316 Posts
My only other area of concern is the privacy panel for the sunroof, which is simply the light color cloth. There's no backing behind it. The sun comes through it which adds illumination to the interior, and while some people probably think that's a plus, I'm not crazy about it. I may get some felt or something that doesn't let light through, and cut a piece to lay behind the privacy panel so when it's closed, the sun doesn't shine through.
That would work. The light coming through the sunroof when it is set to vent bothered me. The sun shade is always fully retracted when the glass is opened to vent and that was too hot for me. All my previous cars would let the sunroof vent with the shade open just an inch in the front, but not the Giulia. I cut a piece of dark cloth to size and used some spray glue to stick it to the bottom of the sunroof glass. It will be easily removable when the time comes.

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio, Sport, Vesuvio Grey on Red
50 Posts
I’m with you @lessthanjoey. I have a Monte Carlo Blue Ti Lusso Sport with the Crema interior. The light wood, swathes of leather, and supple tan leather seats envelope you in pure Italian decadence. With the sport pkg, I get the active suspension, LSD, paddle shifters and other goodies. In one mode it is an awesome Grand Tourer; turn the dial and I’m ready to carve curves with the best of them.
I leased a 2018 Alfa Black with Crema interior. I absolutely love the car but now after a month of ownership I wish I would have done it a little different. I did not know, and my sales guy did not tell me I could get a Lusso with a sport package - paddles, differential, tires, ect. OR, I did not know you can get a Ti Sport, but add the "Leather Package", giving it that Lusso look. I blame the salesman, I was lusting after all that leather combined with the black, and he just fixated on that, not what I was commenting on about the test drive.

My biggest disappointment is actually the tires on the Lusso. They are 235's and a bit narrow. On tight long turns (think exit ramp from highway), they just feel a bit "spindly". Didn't really get a chance to drive it hard on test drives, so it took some driving to get a better feel.

Wish my salesman would have explained how I could package this thing up better.

My perfect Giulia would have been a loaded Ti Sport, with the leather package.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts