Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow alfisti,

For those with Ti sport seats that feature adjustable side bolsters, has anyone encountered an issue with their bolsters squeaking like a pet chew toy, or high pitched whoopie cushion? I'm in my 4th week of ownership, and had logged 1,100 miles before this issue came up during the week.

Here's a video of the sound: https://youtu.be/HN1B0XY_kn8

This is persistent throughout the day, with the only occasional reprieve after I leave the car parked outside in the sun. But when left at a carport of garage where the interior temperature doesn't rise above 90 degrees F, this squeak returns. With my apartment almost right on the water in the San Francisco Bay Area - about which Mark Twain once remarked "the coldest winter of my life was summer spent in San Francisco" - this basically means I'm living with this squeak everyday, hearing it on every turn and corner when driving the car...

Overall, this vehicle is an absolutely joy to own and I haven't had any other issues except for the commonly reported comatose front parking sensors. This Alfa's brought back a joy to vehicle ownership that I'd completely forgotten can exist, after a nightmarish year of enduring that rattle box of a v6 Jaguar XE I had prior to the Alfa.

I'm going to my local dealer for a diagnostic on Tuesday, and will keep the forum updated. In the meantime, I'll adhere to my Alfa's request to go sunbathing in the afternoons as a remedy to this issue. How charming that this Giulia's watching out for my health, and keeping me safe from a vitamin D deficiency. I love my Alfa!

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,635 Posts
Did you check if the outside part of the bolster is rubbing the center arm rest?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you check if the outside part of the bolster is rubbing the center arm rest?
Yup, verified there is a good 3+ inches of space between the back of the bolster to the center console. The bolsters on both the driver's left and right sides squeak, and it's definitely coming from inside the bolster 'wing'.

Beyond the squeaks, it feels like my back is crushing and bursting bubble foam when I have any sort of movement/contact with the bolsters. That "crunch" sensation against the side of my body unfortunately can't be masked by turning the radio up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.