Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For 2017 the only difference was the wheels and tires. Will that continue for 2018?

·
Registered
128 Posts
For 2017 the only difference was the wheels and tires. Will that continue for 2018?
It appears that the marketing will be different for 2108. The Ti and Sport models come with different 18" wheels and there are no wheel options. The Ti Sport comes with 19" wheels and there are three style options.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It appears that the marketing will be different for 2108. The Ti and Sport models come with different 18" wheels and there are no wheel options. The Ti Sport comes with 19" wheels and there are three style options.
I see. Dark or bright five-hole or "Y-spoke".

Time will tell whether potential customers find the new line-up more enticing or more confusing.

The reason I'm asking is that the "take-off" wheels I'm buying from a dealer were supposedly removed from a car that was "ordered wrong". If it was a 2017 that was supposed to have the 19" package and the only difference from the 18" package was wheel and tire size, then it was a simple swap and the reverse should be true.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Actually, I find it very confusing. I just saw the window sticker online for my 2018 Ti Sport order and it shows the 18" Y-spoke as standard equipment, but when I asked my dealer to add that to my order back in Aug, I was told it couldn't be done and that I would get the 2017 18" wheels (shown as an option on my sticker). Add that to the fact that online the 2018 Ti Sport is offered only with 19" options - very confusing.

At any rate, I'm curious about your wheel swap at the dealer. How did that go, what did you give up and then get in return? I may try to do something similar once my car arrives.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts