Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody driven or have details on the performance package for an AWD TI?

I have read little about both the adaptive suspension in this model and the limited slip differential.

I drove an AWD TI without the performance pack and it felt great, I've been wondering how the Performance Pack would impact the car.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Anybody driven or have details on the performance package for an AWD TI?

I have read little about both the adaptive suspension in this model and the limited slip differential.

I drove an AWD TI without the performance pack and it felt great, I've been wondering how the Performance Pack would impact the car.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
Driven both. The normal suspension stiffness falls in between comfort and dynamic suspension firmness' of the adaptive. If you enjoyed the car without the performance package then I wouldn't hold out for a car with it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I thought I was set on the performance pack but then realized my 500 Abarth was my real performance car when I want to indulge... So i went ahead and purchased a ti without it... If you are truly set though I would wait and test drive back to back, but looking at the scarcity of inventory with the performance pack it probably would be a while... Good luck!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I special ordered a Ti with the Ti Performance Pack. I wanted the paddles and the LSD mostly. But, I ordered the RWD version. I think what you want to know is, "Does the AWD w/Ti Pack include an LSD at both axles. I would hope so, but I don't know that answer.

The Active Suspension is effected by the driving mode the driver selects (DNA). There is a control to override this and adjust the active suspension. I don't know if this override has a memory or needs to be re-adjusted each time.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The Active Suspension is effected by the driving mode the driver selects (DNA). There is a control to override this and adjust the active suspension. I don't know if this override has a memory or needs to be re-adjusted each time.
Are you sure? The QV has a button in middle of DNA selector and I thought normal vs. sport suspension was selected that way, independent of DNA setting.

Can any QV owner (or @DaneARFOM;) confirm.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Are you sure? The QV has a button in middle of DNA selector and I thought normal vs. sport suspension was selected that way, independent of DNA setting.

Just checked the manual, looks like the "suspension button" work the same on both QV and Ti: pressing it in Dynamic (or Race) mode overrides the sport suspension setting to make it more comfortable. It doesn't do anything in N or A modes.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
The only Giulia I've driven was a black Ti with the Performance Package. It is a requirement living in NH to have AWD for winters and those paddles were fantastic. I am planning on buying an AWD Ti with Performance Pack. Suspension adjustment was also fun.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts

I was referencing the Ti. I don't know what they did for the Quad. Quad has Race mode that the Ti/base doesn't.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
If it has paddles, is that unique to the Performance Package? I thought all Ti models had paddles, regardless of the Sport Package option.
Paddles are an option, not a standard. There's three different performance packages, not all include paddles.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Paddles are an option, not a standard. There's three different performance packages, not all include paddles.
Racer, it's nice to see you here :) I am also sifting through the various options trying to figure out what I want. I know I want the 4 cylinder, and I plan to modify it anyway so I don't want to pay for an upgraded suspension I will likely change, but I do want those paddle shifters.

Greg

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Racer, it's nice to see you here :) I am also sifting through the various options trying to figure out what I want. I know I want the 4 cylinder, and I plan to modify it anyway so I don't want to pay for an upgraded suspension I will likely change, but I do want those paddle shifters.

Greg
Hi Greg. Nice of you to join us :)

The Ti Performance Package includes a real LSD as well as column mounted paddles and active suspension. The LSD is not included in any other package. It does not conflict with any other package. It's priced at about what an aftermarket LSD would be. Currently, this has not been included with the first wave of cars.

I have a Ti on special order with this package. I'm planning on buying some upgrades from you later. I'm thinking 350hp would be nice. Intake, exhaust & ECU???

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hi Greg. Nice of you to join us :)

The Ti Performance Package includes a real LSD as well as column mounted paddles and active suspension. The LSD is not included in any other package. It does not conflict with any other package. It's priced at about what an aftermarket LSD would be. Currently, this has not been included with the first wave of cars.
Thanks for clearing that up. It's quite a conundrum because I want LSD, but I don't want active suspension.

I have a Ti on special order with this package. I'm planning on buying some upgrades from you later. I'm thinking 350hp would be nice. Intake, exhaust & ECU???
That's almost exactly what we are thinking for power and mods. However it's all guesswork at this stage since we don't have the car yet.

Greg

·
Registered
420 Posts
For the long term owner not wanting active suspension can prove to be a life saver, avoiding a whole host of issues whatever that be. I know I would since i'm not so quick to take on systems like that unless i have a really good dealer that will make handling issues that much easier.

·
Registered
365 Posts
For the long term owner not wanting active suspension can prove to be a life saver, avoiding a whole host of issues whatever that be. I know I would since i'm not so quick to take on systems like that unless i have a really good dealer that will make handling issues that much easier.
The Giulia's active suspension isn't very complicated. It is a standard tube shock with two different electronically actuated valves in it of different orifice sizes, that alter the flow rate (and thus resistance of the motion of the piston). Basically, all the on board electronics due is select the valving setup (1, 2 or 1&2 - thus 3 different combinations). It is about as simple as you can get. I'd imagine the fail-safe mode is the valving combination that yields the softest setting. Given how long shock absorbers typically last today, by the time you'll need replacements there will be aftermarket choices that are identical in operation to the OE part at lower cost than the OE part from the dealer.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I special ordered a Ti with the Ti Performance Pack. I wanted the paddles and the LSD mostly. But, I ordered the RWD version. I think what you want to know is, "Does the AWD w/Ti Pack include an LSD at both axles. I would hope so, but I don't know that answer.

Quadrifoglio-> stiff suspension is activated via dynamic/race modes and can be softened with the center button. Center button cannot be used to stiffen shocks in advanced efficiency or natural modes.

Ti-> Stiffer shocks in dynamic only, button in the center softens the suspension. If car is in dynamic when turned off it will start back up in dynamic but suspension will default to stiff.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up. It's quite a conundrum because I want LSD, but I don't want active suspension.

That's almost exactly what we are thinking for power and mods. However it's all guesswork at this stage since we don't have the car yet.

Greg
Just mentioned to Chris Friday that I'd like to reach out to you on a 4C build and I may be able to help on the car end. Will shoot an email over Monday.

Also, no way to get lsd without active at this point. Love the handling in the firmer active setting though, the car stays so flat.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Just mentioned to Chris Friday that I'd like to reach out to you on a 4C build and I may be able to help on the car end. Will shoot an email over Monday.

Also, no way to get lsd without active at this point. Love the handling in the firmer active setting though, the car stays so flat.
Did you mean, 'without active suspension'?

I did special order a Ti with the Ti Performance Package and it was accepted and is currently being built. Was "Code F - in paint shop" last week. So, eventually I will will have a Ti with LSD, Active Suspension and Paddle Shifters.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Did you mean, 'without active suspension'?

I did special order a Ti with the Ti Performance Package and it was accepted and is currently being built. Was "Code F - in paint shop" last week. So, eventually I will will have a Ti with LSD, Active Suspension and Paddle Shifters.
Yes performance package is the only way to get a lsd

1 - 20 of 27 Posts