Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered some 75W-80 Mopar lube to change my Ti's LSD since it's hit 30K. I've done a DSG service but never really bothered to service the diff on any of my vehicles before. I was a bit surprised that I didn't see a fill port near the top. Saw what looked like a drain port on the back and what could be a fill port on the side. Am I missing another port? Do you fill to the port or need to pump in additional?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Ordered some 75W-80 Mopar lube to change my Ti's LSD since it's hit 30K. I've done a DSG service but never really bothered to service the diff on any of my vehicles before. I was a bit surprised that I didn't see a fill port near the top. Saw what looked like a drain port on the back and what could be a fill port on the side. Am I missing another port? Do you fill to the port or need to pump in additional?

Thanks in advance!

Drain in the bottom and the fill plug is on the side. Fill it up until it runs out and once it becomes a drip reinstall the fill plug.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I should also add that it takes 1.1L for the LSD so make sure you get 2 bottles. I used the extra fluid to flush out some of the old fluid it was surprisingly dark for the mileage I have

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,235 Posts
I should also add that it takes 1.1L for the LSD so make sure you get 2 bottles. I used the extra fluid to flush out some of the old fluid it was surprisingly dark for the mileage I have
The official fill says 1.1q/1.1L, but 1.1Q is closer to 1.0L. I fill with 1L and it tops off perfectly.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
What's your mileage?
I'm entertaining the idea at 25k miles

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,235 Posts
I have started changing the fluid every oil change. The fluid turns black in only a few thousand miles. Best guess is that the black stuff is clutch pack material.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,830 Posts
Front diff sucks to get to the fill plug. We ended up going though the passenger front wheel liner to get to it. There is a subframe in the way so its hard to get to from underneath.
Good to know, maybe I need to look at changing all the fluids also.

Reactions: -ds-

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can confirm that black death comes out of the rear diff. Can anyone comment on if the front is as bad? I would assume not since it's used less often.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Can confirm that black death comes out of the rear diff. Can anyone comment on if the front is as bad? I would assume not since it's used less often.
Front diff fluid was like new at 26k kms on mine. It did get a decent amount of use since I drive mine in the winter up here in Canada

1 - 15 of 15 Posts