Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 2.0 Ti for about a month now and put about 700 miles on it (came with 300 on it so it is at 1k now). Until very recently I was suffering from terrible throttle lag. When I pushed the peddle it would bog down and feel like it was going to stall. After about a second it would start to go but have a really hard time building boost. Once it hit about 2,200 RPM everything smoothed out and it was fine.

A few days ago most of the lag and slow boost build has gone away. Is this something others have experienced? I know the ECU takes time to learn but this seemed extreme to me.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have had my 2.0 Ti for about a month now and put about 700 miles on it (came with 300 on it so it is at 1k now). Until very recently I was suffering from terrible throttle lag. When I pushed the peddle it would bog down and feel like it was going to stall. After about a second it would start to go but have a really hard time building boost. Once it hit about 2,200 RPM everything smoothed out and it was fine.

A few days ago most of the lag and slow boost build has gone away. Is this something others have experienced? I know the ECU takes time to learn but this seemed extreme to me.
i would agree here. i 'D' the car seems to respond instantly. Admittedly, i didnt push it much in the first 1500 miles or so. The throttle response does seem bit sharper.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have a QV and it as well has a delay when you quickly floor it - some speculate it is for safety to prevent unintended acceleration, but I feel it is unsafe as when you have a sudden emergency and need quick acceleration.

To launch the car quickly from a dead stop: press firmly on the brake and then give it gas. It should stabilize to around 2000 rpms. When you,let your foot off the brake and then floor it, it will go immediately.

Reactions: Montana

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a QV and it as well has a delay when you quickly floor it - some speculate it is for safety to prevent unintended acceleration, but I feel it is unsafe as when you have a sudden emergency and need quick acceleration.
Exactly, like when you want to quickly cross a busy street with small gaps between cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts