Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey - Does anyone have any thoughts on these tires. Tirerack seemed to really like them. They are buy Three get One Free at my local Pepboys. I have not had issues with the P7s but know I am leaving a lot of performance on the table with those tires. I am normally a Mich or Conti fan but this deal seemed too good to not consider. Open to any advice or suggestions.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I had Khumo tyres on my Saab 93 Aero for almost 5 years of 11 that I owned it.

My opinion is a fantastic tyre. Not as grippy as a Pirelli, but longer lasting than even a Michelin (to this day my favourite tyre).

If you don't stretch it, it'll serve you very well. Long lasting. If you drive like me, the pimples will still be on the tyres after 20k...

·
Registered
705 Posts
I had Khumo tyres on my Saab 93 Aero for almost 5 years of 11 that I owned it.

My opinion is a fantastic tyre. Not as grippy as a Pirelli, but longer lasting than even a Michelin (to this day my favourite tyre).

If you don't stretch it, it'll serve you very well. Long lasting. If you drive like me, the pimples will still be on the tyres after 20k...
Loved my hearse:

·
Registered
419 Posts
The convertible would be a keeper.

Mine was Ingrid.
Yup. Had her 11 years (from new) and had about 120k kms on the clock when sold.

Was very reliable, but the auto gearbox was on its way out towards the end. Very jerky gear changes. Was considering keeping her but was starting to cost and with no future for Saab, was worried about spares etc, especially in this country where Saabs were very rare in the first place, not unlike Alfas actually.

This was my 4th 93 Aero Convertible in a row...

·
Registered
2019 Giulia Ti Q2, Performance Pack
2,423 Posts
Hey - Does anyone have any thoughts on these tires. Tirerack seemed to really like them. They are buy Three get One Free at my local Pepboys. I have not had issues with the P7s but know I am leaving a lot of performance on the table with those tires. I am normally a Mich or Conti fan but this deal seemed too good to not consider. Open to any advice or suggestions.

View attachment 113758
If you're looking for performance kumho is not the place to look. These are tier 3 budget tires with falken and hankook.

For all seasons its continental dws and Michelin as4 for tier 1.

There's Bridgestone and pirellis and yokas that are tier 2.

If looking for a budget tire the kumho is fine.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you're looking for performance kumho is not the place to look. These are tier 3 budget tires with falken and hankook.

For all seasons its continental dws and Michelin as4 for tier 1.

There's Bridgestone and pirellis and yokas that are tier 2.

If looking for a budget tire the kumho is fine.
I agree! The 4s A/S are the number one choice. My Giulia is CPO and during the inspection process they found the rear tires were worn out so they put brand new Cintaro P7 runflats or what ever is the stock tire all around. So I have brand new tires at the moment and in no rush to replace. I just figured at buy three get one that they might be a decent option and was probing the hive mind for recommendations. If only I could have stopped the dealership from replacing the tires with the P7s and had them put Mich on there!! Hell the 4s are freaking cheaper by A LOT!! well I will keep this in mind. Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
2017 Giulia, 2013 Abarth 500, 1976 Alfetta GT
33 Posts
It’s an all season tire so it’s performance is moderate through out the seasons. If you’re only doing one set of wheels for all seasons instead of two, one for winter one for summer, i’d give them a try. But you do have a nice high performance car that works well with high performance tires, why go cheap now?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts