Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
i dig that oem look cam ozlegacy shared, unfortunately it's only for 17-18 and not later apparently. It says a rear cam is available but no info on it. Is the rear cam as nicely integrated as the front one?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I finished the VAVA install directly to the fuse box. Placed the front camera on the passenger side of rear mirror. With the sun visor down it is not visible from the inside. Placed the rear camera in the middle of the back window. It's so small it does not obstruct the rear view (not that there was much to begin with). Running the wires (one for rear & one for power) was easy. The VAVA comes with a plastic "wedge" to tuck the wires in.

Next, I connected the two wires to the fuse box which is located behind the passenger mat. There are two large "bolts" that screw off. Wish I had taken pics! One wire goes to the "ground" nut and the other I plugged into the 15amp fuse at the top row. That's for the mirror power that comes on when the car is started. I then connected the dashcam with the VAVA app.

It took about an hour but I am not very handy at these things so, it would probably take 30 minutes for most people.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
I'm going with the Vava dual because I already have it in the ti & it's held up well. I was leaning towards the Blackvue but decided to stay with the tried & true. All this pondering has me further pondering why someone has not come out with a wireless dual dashcam that has a seperate battery pack that can recharge whilst the car is running.
How is it supposed to recharge if it is wireless?

Blackvue has an option for a separate battery back and you use a cell phone app via wifi or bluetooth (I forget which) to communicate with it as long as the tiny phone screen and limited processing capacity on the phone is adequate. For full resolution display you pull the flash out and plug it into a PC.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think wireless for link between front and rear, instead of running signal line all the way from rear to front dash. Power can usually tapped much closely to the mounting locations.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts