Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After owning the car for almost a week, I'm beginning to notice some creases showing up, which then led me to the OH **** moment that I don't have a proper sense of caring for leather seats. Since this is my second vehicle that I owned that has leather seats... the first one was short lived, so I didn't develop any sense of technique on cleaning/conditioning/removing creases of leather seats. I've looked at guides on how to do it and seems pretty straight forward, but I wanted to see what others from the community here are doing. If anyone want to share their experience that would be great.

·
Registered
70 Posts
After owning the car for almost a week, I'm beginning to notice some creases showing up, which then led me to the OH **** moment that I don't have a proper sense of caring for leather seats. Since this is my second vehicle that I owned that has leather seats... the first one was short lived, so I didn't develop any sense of technique on cleaning/conditioning/removing creases of leather seats. I've looked at guides on how to do it and seems pretty straight forward, but I wanted to see what others from the community here are doing. If anyone want to share their experience that would be great.
I used Adams Leather cleaner first. Just lather up a soft pad then wipe clean with a microfiber cloth.

https://www.detailersdomain.com/col...ucts/adams-leather-and-interior-cleaner-16-oz

Then finish with Kenotek leather cream. Apply with a soft pad then buff with a microfiber cloth.

https://www.detailersdomain.com/collections/leather-care/products/kenotek-leather-cream

I have the red leather interior and it looks the same it did on the day I bought it. Nothing like some fresh feeling leather.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,670 Posts
I used Hydefood on the leather seats in my Jag. It is lanolin mixed with some kind of solvent. Makes your hands really soft. I tested it on the leather on some wrecking yard seats and it greatly improved the condition of even badly weather damaged leather.

The exact product that I used doesn't seem to be made anymore, but I think you can't go wrong with a lanolin (sheep sweat) based product.

The one caveat with lanolin is that it can make cotton thread rot. Hopefully Giulia is not made with cotton thread; does anybody know?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used Adams Leather cleaner first. Just lather up a soft pad then wipe clean with a microfiber cloth.

https://www.detailersdomain.com/col...ucts/adams-leather-and-interior-cleaner-16-oz

Then finish with Kenotek leather cream. Apply with a soft pad then buff with a microfiber cloth.

https://www.detailersdomain.com/collections/leather-care/products/kenotek-leather-cream

I have the red leather interior and it looks the same it did on the day I bought it. Nothing like some fresh feeling leather.
I also have the read leather interior on mine :). By cleaning/buffing at the end, does that remove the crease? Oh... and how often do you go about's doing this? once a week? every other?

·
Registered
202 Posts
IMO there is only one product that actually works. It is called Leatherique and it is used by all the top restoration shops. It is a family owned business that just makes automotive leather products.

www.leatherique.com

Reactions: kirax105

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,380 Posts
Creases may indicate a problem with the seat covers or their installation onto to frames and foam.

Be careful with anything that makes the seats slippery or clogs the perforation holes.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IMO there is only one product that actually works. It is called Leatherique and it is used by all the top restoration shops. It is a family owned business that just makes automotive leather products.

www.leatherique.com
My coworker also vouch for this brand as well... I mean the crease itself is unavoidable, it's going to happen, the crease appears on the sides/thigh support if you will call it, it's just annoying to see =/:surprise::crying:

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
I did a little review on Chemical Guys cleaner / polish which I use once a week. Quite like their stuff so far - biggest plus being it doesn't smell of anything thereby taking the new car smell away

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did a little review on Chemical Guys cleaner / polish which I use once a week. Quite like their stuff so far - biggest plus being it doesn't smell of anything thereby taking the new car smell away
Yeah, I saw that, i'll add that to the list of potential product. But overall, I was attempting to use this thread to get a sense of "care"... like certain steps someone would take to clean the seats that they found work out best for them since everyone has their own way of doing things. I was hoping to see the variances.

I read somewhere that before beginning the process of applying any type of chemical at all... They recommend getting warm close to hot water and wiping down the seats and while your wiping down the seats your also "massaging" it. LOL! This opens up the pours of the leather and allows you to get a better clean/conditioning similar to the human skin.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts