Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1 owner. Clean carfax. 70k miles. Owner got it serviced every several months or so. No major repairs of note...not even a fuel pump replacement...

I like the spec, the car though is 4 hours away...dealership is not a major one, so should I do a pre purchase inspection? If so....I never done one before. Do I just ask to take it to a nearby Alfa service center?

Thanks

·
Registered
711 Posts
I wouldn't, unless coolent hoses oil pump and radiator was replaced, those things are almost a guarantee to go out on 2017 and 2018 model years if given enough miles, 2019 and up model years have updated parts and are much more reliable. But at the end of the day if it's really cheap, go for it. ALWAYS have an inspeaction done on used cars.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Define “high mileage” -as long as it received its annual service, it should be ok. Some of these guys have taken their QV well beyond 60k miles without issues. The major service is at 30K miles- serpentine belt is replaced. At around 40K-50K miles, brakes are done (if steel)- assuming the car wasnt tracked. I feel like its hard to speak to it without knowing the apprx. Mileage. I bought my 2017 with 12K miles. I only drive about 4K miles/year on my QV. Hopefully it’ll last a loooong time. Also, always do a PPI if the option is available. Be careful though, some Alfa dealer’s techs will flag stuff to be replaced that dont necessarily need to be done. Maybe consider an extended warranty if available and you are worried

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wouldn't, unless coolent hoses oil pump and radiator was replaced, those things are almost a guarantee to go out on 2017 and 2018 model years if given enough miles, 2019 and up model years have updated parts and are much more reliable. But and the end of the day if it's really cheap, go for it. ALWAYS have an inspeaction done on used cars.
Would you ever consider buying a car and getting it delivered after getting an inspection done? WITHOUT test driving it? Say it's super far? It's not Carvana but just saying. I can't imagine buying a car from Carvana

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Define “high mileage” -as long as the it received its annual service, it should be ok. Some of these guys have taken their well beyond 60k miles without issues. The major service is at 30K miles- serpentine belt is replaced. At around 40K-50K miles, brakes are done (if steel)- assuming the car wasnt tracked. I feel like its hard to speak to it without knowing the apprx. Mileage. I bought my 2017 with 12K miles. I only drive about 4K miles/year on my QV. Hopefully it’ll last a loooong time. Also, always do a PPI if the option is available. Be careful though, some Alfa dealer’s techs will flag stuff to be replaced that dont necessarily need to be done. Maybe consider an extended warranty if available and you are worried
70k miles

Carfax...usual service/oil every several months

2019- ABS/TCS module reprogrammed
Brake fluid flushed/changed
Lots of oil changes...everything done at the Alfa dealership

Guess they were free lol

If it's too far would you ever consider buying unseen? If it passes inspection, buying it and getting it delivered? I always talked crap about Carvana and I'm over here now considering buying without test driving or seeing it in person lol such a gamble

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,556 Posts
We're you planning to pick it up and drive it home? If so then I say go test it out and bring it home.
If not then I guess it's a risk, but everything in life is a risk. The majority of issues you hear on this forum occur at lower mileage. And if the fuel pump does go, it's easy to fix. Just make sure you get an extended warranty

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We're you planning to pick it up and drive it home? If so then I say go test it out and bring it home.
If not then I guess it's a risk, but everything in life is a risk. The majority of issues you hear on this forum occur at lower mileage. And if the fuel pump does go, it's easy to fix. Just make sure you get an extended warranty
Yea, but it's 4 hours away lol wouldn't of thought about it getting delivered until they mentioned it. Higher mileage so iffy about it.

Was searching up on extended warranties on the forums...seen lots of Mopar/fidelity posts and sketchy looking websites lol. If dealer warranty is a ripoff I can just go to my nearby Alfa dealership.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,556 Posts
Yea, but it's 4 hours away lol wouldn't of thought about it getting delivered until they mentioned it. Higher mileage so iffy about it.

Was searching up on extended warranties on the forums...seen lots of Mopar/fidelity posts and sketchy looking websites lol. If dealer warranty is a ripoff I can just go to my nearby Alfa dealership.
I would contact Mopar directly for a warranty and get it at cost. If not then try clayrobbins

But I would not be afraid of a high mileage

Reactions: Sicilia and Glenn

·
Registered
Giulia Q 2017
66 Posts
70k is not that high imo. But it depends on how many miles you are planning to put on it and how long you want to keep it.

If it's going to be driven often as a daily than you may want to consider one with less miles. If it's going to be a weekend car, 70k is fine (for the right price of course)

·
Registered
218 Posts
70k miles

Carfax...usual service/oil every several months

2019- ABS/TCS module reprogrammed
Brake fluid flushed/changed
Lots of oil changes...everything done at the Alfa dealership

Guess they were free lol

If it's too far would you ever consider buying unseen? If it passes inspection, buying it and getting it delivered? I always talked crap about Carvana and I'm over here now considering buying without test driving or seeing it in person lol such a gamble
At 70K, that isnt toooo crazy- but I would advise you to get a warranty. The engine itself is $25K. Given that even the 2017s are fairly new- and we still dont entirely know the long term capability/reliability of the car, I’d say better to be safe than sorry. You dont want to empty out/put a big dent in your bank account or have a paperweight car! I would also check out Ziegler factory warranty’s. They offer used warranties for all mopar/stellantis products and yes, the QV. At 70K miles (and the QV) warranty might cost you a pretty penny.
FYI- I have had 2 ‘17 QV’s- they are my favorite- the first one I did buy sight unseen from an albeit, reputable luxury car dealer in Miami. Had it shipped all the way to Seattle and all turned out great. If it is a good dealer, I would be more willing to do something like that. Car was great, no issues- but probably the exception to the rule. You are doing the right thing by coming to the forum to ask questions!

·
Registered
Giulia Quadrifoglio MY18
409 Posts
I wouldn't, unless coolent hoses oil pump and radiator was replaced, those things are almost a guarantee to go out on 2017 and 2018 model years if given enough miles, 2019 and up model years have updated parts and are much more reliable. But at the end of the day if it's really cheap, go for it. ALWAYS have an inspeaction done on used cars.
On a 2.0 Turbo perhaps, but never heard of those parts being problematic on a Quad.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Would you ever consider buying a car and getting it delivered after getting an inspection done? WITHOUT test driving it? Say it's super far? It's not Carvana but just saying. I can't imagine buying a car from Carvana
I bought my 2015 Porsche Boxster S that way. I had multiple pics and videos from the private owner, then had local Porsche shop do a PPI, then purchased and had it shipped (Montway) by enclosed trailer. It arrived perfect and was a great car with no problems. It is more risky but you can minimize the risk a little.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Q4
272 Posts
So the oil pumps go on all 2017's no matter what???

·
Registered
'17 Giulia QV
1,419 Posts
1 owner. Clean carfax. 70k miles. Owner got it serviced every several months or so. No major repairs of note...not even a fuel pump replacement...

I like the spec, the car though is 4 hours away...dealership is not a major one, so should I do a pre purchase inspection? If so....I never done one before. Do I just ask to take it to a nearby Alfa service center?

Thanks
So you told us a few things about this car you are interested in, but I haven't seen anything on the price? Do we know what the price is? Is there a link to this exact car? Knowing the price we can then tell you if it's a great deal despite the kms or not.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Thanks
What’s the price?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts