Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used the online system of one of the local dealers to schedule a service appointment this morning. Late this afternoon I received a telephone call from what I think was a call center hired by Alfa Romeo to follow-up on such things. The conversation went something like this. In each case it is them and then me.

Is this *************?
Yes, may I help you?
Did you receive a call or email message from ********** today?
Yes, an email message.
Why did you contact ************* today?
I needed to schedule service on the car?
What kind of service?
I need all of the RRTs and TSBs done,
You need what done?
I need all of the software systems brought up to date.
What kind of car is this?
A 2017 Giulia
A what?
A 2017 Giulia.
What?
The car Alfa Romeo sells.
What is it? Julia? Like a girl's name?
Click, buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Probably a call center in the Philippines.

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
I used the online system of one of the local dealers to schedule a service appointment this morning. Late this afternoon I received a telephone call from what I think was a call center hired by Alfa Romeo to follow-up on such things. The conversation went something like this. In each case it is them and then me.

Is this *************?
Yes, may I help you?
Did you receive a call or email message from ********** today?
Yes, an email message.
Why did you contact ************* today?
I needed to schedule service on the car?
What kind of service?
I need all of the RRTs and TSBs done,
You need what done?
I need all of the software systems brought up to date.
What kind of car is this?
A 2017 Giulia
A what?
A 2017 Giulia.
What?
The car Alfa Romeo sells.
What is it? Julia? Like a girl's name?
Click, buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Have to say yet again...this is more of a dealer issue...not Alfa Romeo per se. I used the online system that my dealer has to make an appointment and I received a call back from their Service people...and then an email confirmation for my appointment. No issues.
I feel for all you Alfisti that have piss poor dealers around you...makes "feellin' the love" for Alfa Romeo that much harder!
G/L
M

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have to say yet again...this is more of a dealer issue...not Alfa Romeo per se. I used the online system that my dealer has to make an appointment and I received a call back from their Service people...and then an email confirmation for my appointment. No issues.
I feel for all you Alfisti that have piss poor dealers around you...makes "feellin' the love" for Alfa Romeo that much harder!
G/L
M
Could have been dealer QA. I assumed it was Alfa Romeo USA QA. Regardless, they only sell three vehicles. I would think whoever could hire, contract with, or whatever with people who can at least understand 4C, Giulia, and Stelvio.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Don't know. The caller did not have an accent that I could hear.
You didn't hear an accent. Well then, he probably was calling from Texas. :D

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
This is why you have caller ID. Some calls are best left unanswered. And then there are those email surveys.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is why you have caller ID. Some calls are best left unanswered. And then there are those email surveys.
Well speaking of Texas, I was in the GMC 3/4 ton diesel horse haulin' pickup truck instead of the Alfalfa Rome-e-o when the call came in. I did not see the caller ID.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
Well speaking of Texas, I was in the GMC 3/4 ton diesel horse haulin' pickup truck instead of the Alfalfa Rome-e-o when the call came in. I did not see the caller ID.
Were you haulin' horses? That's precious cargo. Calls can wait.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts