Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As discussed in other threads I ordered a Ti back in February. I have checked each week with the dealer to find out the status. Their last report was that the car was arriving in the Port of Houston last Saturday the 22nd. When I learned here that Alfa Romeo had a chat function where the status could be checked I decided to try it to cross check the information from the dealer. Clearly the Alfa Romeo factory and the dealer live in alternate universes. In the first chat session last week the agent stated that the car was built. It had not been shipped as it was waiting for additional equipment to be installed. In today's chat session the agent stated basically the same thing. Then the agent suggested I check back in a few weeks to see if there was any change in the status of the car. A few weeks? Does anyone know what option is causing this delay? Have they run out of something at the factory? Does something not work as was the case with the early cars?

·
Registered
83 Posts
There are definitely some teething problems going on here with both the Base/Ti and QV launch back in the States. Hopefully someone at Alfa is digesting all this data and will result in better and better experience throughout the Brands return.
I have seen some get their Feb orders in already so it must be really frustrating for you to sit there and basically be in the"Hurry up and Wait" state of mind...
Best of luck to you and I'm sure it will be worth it and hope it is not causing you any real world problems with your commuting..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Chipps, at least your car is (mostly) built. I ordered 11 weeks ago, around your time. I checked today and it's still only scheduled to be built, nothing assembled yet. AR won't release the factory build schedules, so it might be 1 week or 10 weeks, who knows. They are saying they will build all 2017 model years, without migrating everything to 2018 model year. Makes sense, they will need to slowly ramp up 2018 lines while winding down 2017 lines. Just take the car's depreciation and apply it to the sales price at your dealer, they should understand.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Talked to a dealer. He said that have gotten a Q that was supposed to be arriving only in July... Don't know who and what to believe but for sure the tracking system is not updated as often as it should.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Jeez......I really hate to hear about these build date updates. I was thinking about dropping my my dealer to check status after 3 weeks, but I have a feeling they will tell me "no status change".

·
Registered
526 Posts
Consider yourself lucky you're this close at this point. It took me 4 months and 1 day to receive my car. From what I understand, this is par for the course for most manufacturers.

What isn't good is the lack of communication, hopefully they are working on this or it might just be an Italian quirk.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yeah definitely an exercise in patience. It took 6 months when I special ordered my Golf R so I was actually quite happy to hear ~3-4 months for Alfa.

·
Registered
249 Posts
On a different note there was a QV on a lot in different state that I inquired about and they responded promptly.......with a $5k dealer markup. Errr.....no thanks.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
On a different note there was a QV on a lot in different state that I inquired about and they responded promptly.......with a $5k dealer markup. Errr.....no thanks.
Was it in MA by any chance? If so, it is still sitting there.......

Reactions: inikkor
1 - 15 of 15 Posts