Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont even know why Im posting this, but damb.. this car is something else.. I just got it a week back and Im nervous to drive it! I seriously feel like it should be a crime for anyone who has the money to just buy this car. We've all seen the pictures of that one car that was totaled and looked like it was found at the bottom of the ocean... or atleast been through a few bonus rounds of Street Fighter. Common sense isnt as ubiquitous with connoisseurs as one would think. Of course we are talking about the Q here.. Race, Dynamic, even Natural is just crazy fast, with unheralded acceleration. I get butterflies in my stomach when I get ready to drive it.. maybe these are 'first baby' syndrome jitters and should pass soon. I almost didnt get it after reading all the problems I heard of on this site, but alot of folks came back and convinced me.. Ironic, how its taken much much more persuasion to buy a video game, and just a few post and then BAM; 85k hole in my pocket..I hope this car stays true for the long run.. I never cared about resale. I dont give my toys away when Im done playing with them..

·
Registered
641 Posts
Me&MeJulie;152082 said:
I dont even know why Im posting this, but damb.. this car is something else.. I just got it a week back and Im nervous to drive it! I seriously feel like it should be a crime for anyone who has the money to just buy this car. We've all seen the pictures of that one car that was totaled and looked like it was found at the bottom of the ocean... or atleast been through a few bonus rounds of Street Fighter. Common sense isnt as ubiquitous with connoisseurs as one would think. Of course we are talking about the Q here.. Race, Dynamic, even Natural is just crazy fast, with unheralded acceleration. I get butterflies in my stomach when I get ready to drive it.. maybe these are 'first baby' syndrome jitters and should pass soon. I almost didnt get it after reading all the problems I heard of on this site, but alot of folks came back and convinced me.. Ironic, how its taken much much more persuasion to buy a video game, and just a few post and then BAM; 85k hole in my pocket..I hope this car stays true for the long run.. I never cared about resale. I dont give my toys away when Im done playing with them..
Now now, you are just experiencing what I call The Supermodel Syndrome. I have been privileged in my life to "punch above my weight" with beautiful women. It can be the same with cars. Just know that Giulia loves you too and doesn't care that you might not be Ryan Gosling. She sees you as you are...a dedicated owner that will take care of her, push her a little to be even better and give her a nice bath in a regular basis. Enjoy.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Drive her around in A mode for a while until you get used to her. Then graduate yourself slowly up the ranks as you feel comfortable. You'll soon find that 'smooth', 'self control', 'responsible', and 'respect' bring on a whole new meaning. She's a lot of car.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Drive her around in A mode for a while until you get used to her. Then graduate yourself slowly up the ranks as you feel comfortable. You'll soon find that 'smooth', 'self control', 'responsible', and 'respect' bring on a whole new meaning. She's a lot of car.
Agree with you Racer Z but is that really possible?

One thing I will say is that 505 HP is a lot of HP and when you throw in the insanely high grip levels this can be a recipe for disaster if you aren't used to a high powered car. I thought I was but this is a whole different ball game, a track day is in my future to learn the car better.

Driving it on the street can be frustrating knowing what lurks beneath but on the other hand, knowing what lurks beneath is why that smile is on your face.

Have fun and keep the shiny side up!

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,061 Posts
If it comes to it, I'm sure you will find volunteers here to act as rescue agents and assist with adoption.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Agree with you Racer Z but is that really possible?

One thing I will say is that 505 HP is a lot of HP and when you throw in the insanely high grip levels this can be a recipe for disaster if you aren't used to a high powered car. I thought I was but this is a whole different ball game, a track day is in my future to learn the car better.

Driving it on the street can be frustrating knowing what lurks beneath but on the other hand, knowing what lurks beneath is why that smile is on your face.

Have fun and keep the shiny side up!
I agree. there is no way I can drive this thing is A mode. Actually I never even tried. Natural mode is like waiting for paint to dry before it gets going and God forbit if you find yourself in the wrong gear trying to pass someone of make the light, it just ain't happening. My favorite is D it is fast and sounds good when the valves open up. I leave the N mode for the highway for gas savings. Race mode is for the wild side of me. It is like riding a wild bronco, she wants to go and go fast, next thing you know you are in serious jail time territory. Then you look at your rear view mirror and those specs in the distance are other drivers that have barely even left the light. I can see a few laps at VIR once I put a couple of thousand miles. Man what a ride..not to mention the look.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I daily my 4C in Dynamic Manual. Got my first speeding ticket in twenty year. I've got a performance ECU on her. I'm probably pushing 300 hp in 2450 pound car.

Track time really helps me keep it calm on the public roads.

Reactions: GMcA
1 - 7 of 7 Posts