Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving the car yesterday and one thing I noticed about the driving behavior is that when releasing the gas pedal the car will still lurch forward. I can actually feel the turbo still spooled up and it just wants to go. A blow off valve or waste gate can cure this issue. It's no biggie it just it feels like it needs to release all that boost so the car wont lurch forward when you want it to stop or slow down.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
A lot of folks say that. I have a QV and even in Dynamic it does not lurch forward out of a auto stop/start. It kicks in but it is by no means a lurching. Might want to do a search. There is a gopedal or other Vendors on the forum that smooth out the acceleration but you may also want to make sure it is not a software issue. Run a search and you will see some discussions. It might be the T57 update

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A lot of folks say that. I have a QV and even in Dynamic it does not lurch forward out of a auto stop/start. It kicks in but it is by no means a lurching. Might want to do a search. There is a gopedal or other Vendors on the forum that smooth out the acceleration but you may also want to make sure it is not a software issue. Run a search and you will see some discussions. It might be the T57 update
Not my first turbo car I know what I felt has nothing to do with the auto stop/start since I always turn it off when I start the car. And it's not while accelerating it's when I slow down there is a lurch forward before it actually slows down. Not a software issue it's just the turbo is spooled up and the air is still in the system so it needs to be purged.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so tell us more about your car, MY, production, updates, T57 etc....
I just picked it up last Monday as far as production date I'm at work and the car is at home so I can't really tell. It has 125 miles on it now.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Would be good to know for your own good so you can actually get updates....what you are describing futs perfectly into all kinds of drivability issues on cars that did not have updates done....dont assume everything is up to date just because car is brand new...we had numerous cases of people buying cars just to find out that no updates whatsoever were done before dealer sold them....

And car does have blow off valve like every turbo engine does, it is just not open to atmosphere (it doesnt make whoosh noises)....somebody here actually tried valve open to atmosphere, sounded like all the boyracers Subarus immediatelly....

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And car does have blow off valve like every turbo engine does, it is just not open to atmosphere (it doesnt make whoosh noises)....somebody here actually tried valve open to atmosphere, sounded like all the boyracers Subarus immediatelly....
Bwahahaha! Boyracer! Too funny ok well I guess I'll ask the dealer, to me it's a simple issue. Don't understand why the car will be sold and no updates are done to it if it's available.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
Revs stay high in D, fall off faster in N, and pretty much tumble in A. The car wanting to be ready for your next move?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Browse the forum a bit, you might understand why there are cars without any updates still being sold....Alfa dealers are the weakest point in this equasion, hopefully your dealer is top notch...

·
Registered
691 Posts
Bwahahaha! Boyracer! Too funny ok well I guess I'll ask the dealer, to me it's a simple issue. Don't understand why the car will be sold and no updates are done to it if it's available.
Because the updates fall under TSB's or RRT's and the dealer isn't under any obligation to apply them. The FCA policy is they won't authorize the dealer to apply them until the customer demonstrates an issue that falls under the particular update. It's stupid I know, but I'm sure it's a cost savings measure as those updates require labor from the service department. Also some of it falls under don't fix what ain't broke. That's why it's good to form a good relationship with the warranty department of your chosen dealer. Mine has been fantastic and has gone to bat for me on several nuisance issues.

Reactions: MINIME

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also some of it falls under don't fix what ain't broke.
Whoop there it is!!! I totally understand, kind a disappointed about stuff like these makes me wonder if I bought the right car. To me it's something different,but da mn!!!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Also some of it falls under don't fix what ain't broke.
Whoop there it is!!! I totally understand, kind a disappointed about stuff like these makes me wonder if I bought the right car. To me it's something different,but da mn!!!
You don’t know what the issue is yet or whether this is a case of the updates not being done. Lurching forward is odd though

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
798 Posts
Welcome — and why a Forum, IMHO

Don’t dispair new brother. You just purchased an amazing car. Italian, re-entry into the market. Ferarri design inspired (and actually designed, btw) with a soul that makes for tears of joy and frustration. And there is good news:

- Tears of joy will be available at every drive... with every turn-in... with every acceleration
- Tears of frustration will be for the FCA “head up their arse” approach to customer loyalty. Having to ask for what almost every other luxury sedan marque gives you in advance. Consider this the legacy of Jeep, Dodge, Fiat and Chrylser outweighing Maserati and bean-counters getting their say in the re-launch of this brand. Doh! Kindof like your dumb neighbor who loves his Wrangler, doesn’t particularly like them Eye-tal-een fashionistas messing up the CJ vibe.
- THE GOOD NEWS. This Forum has their number, and isn’t gonna let them shirk on their obligation to take care of the Alfa faithful.

Follow the TSB and Upgrade instructions available in these threads. Good code is out there, and you just have to ask with information to get it. Alfa (Kinda) Cares can also be helpful, and has been for many members.

Knowledge is power and this is a place to get the knowledge you need to keep those tears joyful.

BTW there is a blow-off valve in the intake stage, and the Eurocompulsion V2 liberates the audio to let you know it’s there. V2 or not, the car shouldn’t lurch. Updates to fix the code exist and the T57 ECU update is recommended for that, particularly. Also, you won’t really have the “real Giulia” until you get to 500-750 miles, where the adaptive learning, protection code and break-in have all done their things.

Finally, the exquisite ZF tranny has some serious stuff going on in the 3 DNA modes as was previously mentioned. Gear holding logic, rev-matching downshifts, and climb/descend logic make for a new learning experience. Some members reported these features as “problems”; but, once they were known, became trusted and desirable. Again, the forum has some tasty reading on these topics, too.

You be the judge of if you got the “right car”. I have my answer!

Ciao Alfisti,

Reactions: QVpilot

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
One of the best cars I've owned, and I've had many. It just puts a smile on my face every time.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Finally, the exquisite ZF tranny has some serious stuff going on in the 3 DNA modes as was previously mentioned. Gear holding logic, rev-matching downshifts, and climb/descend logic make for a new learning experience. Some members reported these features as “problems”; but, once they were known, became trusted and desirable. Again, the forum has some tasty reading on these topics, too.

You be the judge of if you got the “right car”. I have my answer!

Ciao Alfisti,

AHA! This makes sense to me, ok I'll be patient and see what happens after I put in a few miles on the car. ty

1 - 15 of 15 Posts