Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
141 - 156 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
the new GT4 RS is amazing. basically GT3 performance at a cheaper price. here in the bay area, with the MAV (market adjustment value), new ones are about 75k over MSRP to get on an allocation list. stupid tech money.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,598 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Great article. I suspect they purposely were NOT going to make a cayman faster than the GT3...
Exactly.

Upon further reflection, I don't do many track event these days and when I do, it is on three wheels. That being said, I decided to look for a Spyder instead. Same performance but something that can tear up a back road without pretending that I'm on a race track. They are just as hard to come by as it is the same engine and GT3 suspension etc. I'm on some lists but not willing to pay crazy money for one. I'm in no hurry and think that the supply chain issues will work themselves out in 6-12 months which gives me more time to save. The Z06 is also an amazing car but good luck getting one of those and besides, i am not really doing much track work these days. I just want something that is amazing to drive and still has that kick to push you back in your seat.

I'm not trying to break any ring records, I just like driving and having a nice car.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,598 Posts
Exactly.

Upon further reflection, I don't do many track event these days and when I do, it is on three wheels. That being said, I decided to look for a Spyder instead. Same performance but something that can tear up a back road without pretending that I'm on a race track. They are just as hard to come by as it is the same engine and GT3 suspension etc. I'm on some lists but not willing to pay crazy money for one. I'm in no hurry and think that the supply chain issues will work themselves out in 6-12 months which gives me more time to save. The Z06 is also an amazing car but good luck getting one of those and besides, i am not really doing much track work these days. I just want something that is amazing to drive and still has that kick to push you back in your seat.

I'm not trying to break any ring records, I just like driving and having a nice car.
What do you track on 3 wheels? You're signature only shows 2 and 4 wheels

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Exactly.

It sounds like you want your QV back !!!!. I imagined it would happen but not so fast. Offer $2K over what you got from him for the phycological stress you caused and get your Dream Car back !!!!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 · (Edited)
If the E="Giuliano, post: 940419, member: 24434"]
It sounds like you want your QV back !!!!. I imagined it would happen but not so fast. Offer $2K over what you got from him for the phycological stress you caused and get your Dream Car back !!!!
[/QUOTE]

Duplicate delete.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
If he has somehow fitted a manual since then, I'll give him $10k over.

I actually put down a deposit on a 918 Spyder today. I'll fly down to Houston and pick it up this Friday.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 · (Edited)
beautiful car. what was the price on that?
Too freaking much. Whomever ordered this car optioned it out with the leather and deviated stitching etc. However, it is absolutely beautiful. These things never really got below MSRP and were selling at over MSRP a few months ago. I paid a couple K under MSRP but I know I can drive it for a few years and then sell it for about what I paid for it. My two last P-cars I sold one for 2k over what I paid and the second for 2K under. So, although expensive, the cost of ownership is quite low. In addition, my insurance went down $47 a month--which shows that older people and not street racers buy these things. I guess I'm in my early 40s so I qualify as "old".

A little over 2000 were made world-wide with 800 imported to North America which helps guarantee that the prices will hold steady and maybe eventually go up. I see QVs a couple times a week, the last time I saw one of these was at a Cars and Coffee a year ago. I think a lot of collectors scooped them up or they are garage queens that come out on Sunday. I like cars that not everyone has--one of the things I loved about my QV. The QV is rather rare and beautiful but this is a step on on both of those fronts. I'll miss the explosive acceleration of the QV but let's be real, on windy roads you can't use half the available performance.

So, for me it is more about the cost of ownership vs. cost.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know, sacrilege but hear me out.

First, about the car:

It is a 2017. Fully loaded with Sparco seats and CCBs. Just under 16k miles. I have two sets of Alfa wheels (silver Tecnicos, gunmetal five holes) both shod with PS4S. A few extra CF bits such as the grille, shifter, and shifter surround. Biggest upgrade is that it has the a Squadra tune and Squadra dongle. I had the ECUs cloned so I have the original ECUs so it can be swapped back to OEM in about 1.5 hours with no flash counter on the original ECUS. This would be done for warranty purposes (I also have a step by step writeup on how to swap the ECUs). Speaking of warranty, factory warranty runs till 4/29/22 but I have the Mopar extended warranty till 4/29/26 with $100 deductible and zero deductible for the tire and wheel damage. Good till 75k miles. I have the front covered with PPF and a 20% tint and black and red Coco mats. I have the title in hand. I installed a new AGM battery two months ago and did a full brake flush last year. Besides that, it is just annual oil changes

Why am I thinking about selling it? I love the car. I came from M3s and then Porsches and this is my favorite car for sure. It does everything that it is supposed to and is amazing. However, I honestly am just not using it. I put about 2k miles on it over the last two years. Yes, the pandemic didn't help but neither does having a baby and a small child that take all my time. I wash is every couple of months because it gets dusty sitting in the garage. We recently bought a class A RV and now a vehicle to tow behind it and our weekends are usually spent camping or going out on the boat so I have been questioning the need to have it especially when I have four other vehicles to drive.

With the prices of used cars being what they are, I figured I can probably get about $56k for it without the Tecnicos. I know I will miss it, but honestly, I have had it for three years which is at least a year longer than most of my cars (except my trusty RX-7 money pit that I finally got rid of a few years ago).

Is my price expectation out of whack? I would have to get at least $55k or $57k with the Tecnicos to even consider getting rid of it and I certainly could use the money for other things.

Thoughts, suggestions? Do I give in to the three-year itch?
I'm new to this forum, but interested if you do decide to sell. Much rather buy from a forum member than a dealership. Thanks!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Too freaking much. Whomever ordered this car optioned it out with the leather and deviated stitching etc. However, it is absolutely beautiful. These things never really got below MSRP and were selling at over MSRP a few months ago. I paid a couple K under MSRP but I know I can drive it for a few years and then sell it for about what I paid for it. My two last P-cars I sold one for 2k over what I paid and the second for 2K under. So, although expensive, the cost of ownership is quite low. In addition, my insurance went down $47 a month--which shows that older people and not street racers buy these things. I guess I'm in my early 40s so I qualify as "old".

A little over 2000 were made world-wide with 800 imported to North America which helps guarantee that the prices will hold steady and maybe eventually go up. I see QVs a couple times a week, the last time I saw one of these was at a Cars and Coffee a year ago. I think a lot of collectors scooped them up or they are garage queens that come out on Sunday. I like cars that not everyone has--one of the things I loved about my QV. The QV is rather rare and beautiful but this is a step on on both of those fronts. I'll miss the explo.
So, for me it is more about the cost of ownership vs. cost
very happy for you. fwiw i just went to our local porsche dealership today

A little over 2000 were made world-wide with 800 imported to North America which helps guarantee that the prices will hold steady and maybe eventually go up. I see QVs a couple times a week, the last time I saw one of these was at a Cars and Coffee a year ago. I think a lot of collectors scooped them up or they are garage queens that come out on Sunday. I like cars that not everyone has--one of the things I loved about my QV. The QV is rather rare and beautiful but this is a step on on both of those fronts. I'll miss the explosive acceleration of the QV but let's be real, on windy roads you can't use half the available performance.

So, for me it is more about the cost of ownership vs. cost.

fwiw i just went to our local porsche dealership here in santa clara CA. they told me the last 918 spyder they sold for 1.1 million.

a cayman GT4 is 30k over markup, to order a new GT4 you can get at MSRP but wait time is roughly 1.5 years, and to order a new GT3 is 30k over and a new GT4 RS is 80k over.

so i have no doubts you can probably drive the sypder for close to free (plus gas and tires and routine maintainence of course)

141 - 156 of 156 Posts