Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
121 - 140 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I like how this thread has taken on a life of its own and I have actually had three people message me about buying my car.

If I do sell it, it will be to buy a GT4 as that is the only other car I'm interested in but they seem impossible to get.
It is incredible, isn't it?. With all what we have read in this Forums about the QV being a flaw engine design, full of problems, CELs, etc, etc, people are like crazy trying to get one. Why is that?. Would it be because they really know the truth about how great is the QV?. Again, IMHO, if you don't need the money, do not sell it !!!!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 · (Edited)
It is incredible, isn't it?. With all what we have read in this Forums about the QV being a flaw engine design, full of problems, CELs, etc, etc, people are like crazy trying to get one. Why is that?. Would it be because they really know the truth about how great is the QV?. Again, IMHO, if you don't need the money, do not sell it !!!!
Yeah, local dealer, unsolicited, offered me $50k for it. I would put the 5 holes back on it and the OEM ECUs as the Tecnicos are new and worth a few K and the ECUs can be sold for someone wanting to tune their car blus I could get a refund on the unused portion of the extended warranty. However, it is always better to sell it as a whole to someone who wants it set up like this.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I can't think of a more appropriate 'fun' car to bus my kids around town in. Having two cars without a backseat, I'm left without another option but to take one of our SUV's...comfortable, but not exactly fun! The bonus factor is that my boys are petrol heads so can't go wrong with a QV...can't wait to get my hands on one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah, local dealer, unsolicited, offered me $50k for it. I would put the 5 holes back on it and the OEM ECUs as the Tecnicos are new and worth a few K and the ECUs can be sold for someone wanting to tune their car blus I could get a refund on the unused portion of the extended warranty. However, it is always better to sell it as a whole to someone who wants it set up like this.
I almost messaged you about the car as well. Best of all, I am in Raleigh and like all the stuff you have done/addressed. The only reason I didn't inquire further is because of the color and model year. Black is almost a deal breaker and I am leaning towards 2019+.

If you happen to find your dream GT4 (maybe the new GT4 RS? lol) in the near future, please keep me in mind. Maybe I will buy it and wrap it.... :unsure:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
I almost messaged you about the car as well. Best of all, I am in Raleigh and like all the stuff you have done/addressed. The only reason I didn't inquire further is because of the color and model year. Black is almost a deal breaker and I am leaning towards 2019+.

If you happen to find your dream GT4 (maybe the new GT4 RS? lol) in the near future, please keep me in mind. Maybe I will buy it and wrap it.... :unsure:
You are always welcome to come by and see it. Always enjoy talking with other car people and having an excuse to go for a drive.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
you want new or slightly used?
I'm not willing to pay crazy markups and since I'm not on any VIP list and my local dealer has one allocation and 25 people on the list, I'm not sure. RS it out as manual is all I would consider plus that will be even harder to get ahold of.

·
Registered
30 Posts
if you ever go that route am interested in the ECUs.

I would keep the car and enjoy it, if it ever becomes a collectible yours will have very low mileages and then you can ask the same question again if you want to sell or not!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
if you ever go that route am interested in the ECUs.

I would keep the car and enjoy it, if it ever becomes a collectible yours will have very low mileages and then you can ask the same question again if you want to sell or not!
Well, the local dealer wants to hand me $52k with the five holes and stock ECUs.

I figure I can get at least $5k for the wheels tires, ECUs, Squadra dongle, and the refund on the extended warranty. So, unless some here wants to give me $57 then I'm taking that deal.

Will I miss it? Absolutely but replacing it with a GT4 (eventually) will take some of the sting off.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
A 2017 QV, fully loaded with Sparco seats and CCBs with just under 16k miles for $52K is a super great deal for you, I think. That is a depreciation of about $35K in 4 years, very interesting. Is the dealership thinking that they are going to sell that car for at least $55K?. Wow!. What an amazing confidence in the Brand and in the QV, even knowing that there are no cars in the market these days. Good look with your eventual GT4. All the best.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
A 2017 QV, fully loaded with Sparco seats and CCBs with just under 16k miles for $52K is a super great deal for you, I think. That is a depreciation of about $35K in 4 years, very interesting. Is the dealership thinking that they are going to sell that car for at least $55K?. Wow!. What an amazing confidence in the Brand and in the QV, even knowing that there are no cars in the market these days. Good look with your eventual GT4. All the best.
Agreed. The only reason I even considered selling is the current market. The GT4 simply won't depreciate. I really do want to buy new as used on those are marked up and there is just something about being the first owner.

There is a forum member that will add $2k to that price if I include the extended warranty and the tune so I'll wait till Monday to see if he can get the funds lined up, if not I'll take the $52 and make the other $5 on parts.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
So, I sold my QV today to Ninja_Please. Unbeknown to both of us, he lives less than two miles from me. He got all the extras including ECUs, wheels, GFB, Squadra dongle and tune, etc. I'm still sad to see it go and filled her up for one last sad time.

I put the beater Subaru in its garage spot and when we came home tonight and my wife saw it there, she almost shed a tear. She will be missed but I have visitation rights and offered to help with oil changes and such. I'm glad she went to a good home of a fellow enthusiast and not to some dealer lot.

I may be without a fast car for a while due to the current market but that gives me more time to save up for the next thing.

I can honestly say, the QV was the best car I have owned and although the first year of ownership was a bit rocky, the last 2.5 have been amazing once all the software updates were applied.

This is a great community for a great and unique car.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,598 Posts
At least it went to a good home :(

My friend has a 981 gt4. Amazing car. I would love one in addition to the qv, either the 981 or the 718. But I hear the markups are crazy on the new ones, let alone the RS. For me though, the practicality of the qv seals it as a lifer, but then my current garage situation allows me only one car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
@maddmike - I need to return the car. Just kidding. My 7 year old daughter said - "daddy, I like the car but where's the tv?" :ROFLMAO:

I took the car out on Sunday morning and afternoon to get a good feel for it. The turn-in on this car is magical. I lost count on how many times I said "Jesus!" out loud... and I am not religious! I thought my E90 M3 (with Öhlins R&T, Vorshlag camber plates, Pilot PSS) was good until yesterday. Another theory is that I've been driving the minivan (2019 Pacifica) too long and ANYTHING would have been magical. o_O

@Shiny_side_up I am in NW Raleigh near Leesville Rd. I have seen a red QV in the area (Norwood and Carpenter Pond) a few times for the past year or two.... I wonder if it was yours.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
@maddmike - I need to return the car. Just kidding. My 7 year old daughter said - "daddy, I like the car but where's the tv?" :ROFLMAO:

I took the car out on Sunday morning and afternoon to get a good feel for it. The turn-in on this car is magical. I lost count on how many times I said "Jesus!" out loud... and I am not religious! I thought my E90 M3 (with Öhlins R&T, Vorshlag camber plates, Pilot PSS) was good until yesterday. Another theory is that I've been driving the minivan (2019 Pacifica) too long and ANYTHING would have been magical. o_O

@Shiny_side_up I am in NW Raleigh near Leesville Rd. I have seen a red QV in the area (Norwood and Carpenter Pond) a few times for the past year or two.... I wonder if it was yours.
I agree, the car is something special. You can get a tablet and hang it from the headrest--problem solved.

It is the kind of car that you drive with nowhere to go. The Carpenter Pond area has some nice roads to play on (just watch out for the hidden driveways). I too used to have an E92 M3 and it cannot compare. I'm right down the road if you have any questions or need me to demonstrate how to take some of the roads around here ;).

·
Registered
5,122 Posts

Welcome to the insane asylum!....your gonna love in QV land

·
Registered
361 Posts

I'd almost guarantee that was me. I'm basically at Creedmore and Shooting Club, and I use Norwood and Carpenter Pond as "more fun short cuts" all the time.

121 - 140 of 155 Posts