Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
101 - 120 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Did the g80 ever run the ring?

I googled but only found this 😈
https://fastestlaps.com/articles/7-38-bmw-m3-cs-falls-six-seconds-behind-the-alfa-romeo-giulia-qv

There's also this but it's the coupe. I couldn't find the sedan
Watch the BMW M4 Competition Pull off a 7:30 Nurburgring Lap Time
Worst part of that article is how they mention that the pzero are some sort of advantage. Smh. Porsche can run cup 2s. Mclaren can run trofeo. Funny how every car today comes wit a comp tire but it was a big deal in 2017

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
...and now I [kinda] find myself in thte OP's decision delima.

I have a dealer offer who wants my car so badly that they're offering more than the current Carvana offer of $49,738. Not much more at $51,738.00, but ultimately this is ~$3,738.00 more than I paid for the car earlier this year. Additionally, the dealer doesn't require that I remove the wrap (they like the wrap) where Carvana does.

Sigh

I love my car, but do I love it enough to NOT take advantage of the unique market we're currently in? I could always get another one when the dust settles and prices come back down.

If I sold, wonder if anyone (with CCMs) would be interested in my Girodisc rotors 🤔. It's time to replace the rings, but that's much less than buying the entire kit new.

Darn you, @maddmike for 'rousing my curiosity 😂

--decisions, decisions--
Just a couple thoughts...
  • If you can afford multiple sports cars, including some Ferraris, why going through the hassle of selling, and then rebuying the same car just for a few grands of "profit". It's many hours of work, time is money, plus the uncertainty of a used car with potential problems vs your current car which you know inside out.
  • REAL inflation is a lot higher than the official inflation figures. Everybody is banking on the fact that prices are going back to pre-covid but I am not so sure. The current price surge is due more to money printing than to supply chain issues.. more money has been printed in the last 2 years than all previous years combined since the inception of the US dollar in 1792. Let that sink in..

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
  • If you can afford multiple sports cars, including some Ferraris, why going through the hassle of selling, and then rebuying the same car just for a few grands of "profit". It's many hours of work, time is money, plus the uncertainty of a used car with potential problems vs your current car which you know inside out.
  • REAL inflation is a lot higher than the official inflation figures. Everybody is banking on the fact that prices are going back to pre-covid but I am not so sure. The current price surge is due more to money printing than to supply chain issues.. more money has been printed in the last 2 years than all previous years combined since the inception of the US dollar in 1792. Let that sink in..
At least the mean tweets stopped.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
  • If you can afford multiple sports cars, including some Ferraris, why going through the hassle of selling, and then rebuying the same car just for a few grands of "profit". It's many hours of work, time is money, plus the uncertainty of a used car with potential problems vs your current car which you know inside out
I can't explain. Just something about my character likes to make a buck.

I've always been that way.

I bought a 550 Maranello in 2010 for just $47k from a guy name James Dilorio. He was in real estate out in Nevada and I assumed because of the economy at the time, was offloading some of his cars.

I later sold the car to a guy in Midlands Texas. He and I stayed in touch, and when his wife got sick he decided HE wanted to sell it. I bought it BACK from him for a bit more than I sold it.

Then, in 2018 I sold it to Select Luxury in Marietta, GA for a profit enough to buy my first QV.

Guess who then bought the car back from Select Luxury and still has it? The guy in Midland, Texas (Bill Coombes). We are still in touch and simply refer to the 550 as "our Ferrari". 😂

Again, it's just my nature. Can't help myself sometimes.

Right now Carvana is offering $10k more than I paid for my daughter's Tesla SR+ that we just took delivery of this June. I've ordered her a dual-motor (100mi more range and faster charging) because if the BBB passes, I'll get an $8k rebate at time of purchase/delivery, effectively bringing the cost of her new car down to what I paid for her current one. Then I'll let Carvana take her SR+ and I'll pocket the $10k.

If this plan works out, the $10k will fully fund the track-prep work I'm doing to my QV. So to me, there's always some benefit if I decide to go through with a process. Sounds like a lot of work, time and hassel, but I guess that depends on if it feels like fun to you or not 🤷🏾

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Did the g80 ever run the ring?

I googled but only found this 😈
https://fastestlaps.com/articles/7-38-bmw-m3-cs-falls-six-seconds-behind-the-alfa-romeo-giulia-qv

There's also this but it's the coupe. I couldn't find the sedan
Watch the BMW M4 Competition Pull off a 7:30 Nurburgring Lap Time

These are the best lap times at the Ring on 4-door cars I could find in Wiki. I did not see the G80 in the list but, I may have miss it. For sure, it was not better than 7:32, if it was in the list of records.

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
5,122 Posts
These are the best lap times at the Ring on 4-door cars I could find in Wiki. I did not see the G80 in the list but, I may have miss it. For sure, it was not better than 7:32, if it was in the list of records.

View attachment 118912
faster than the new Tesla Plaid.....:cool: wish I would have known that yesterday! Saw my first plaid in the flesh, white on white....the "NEW" Miami Vice car???

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
faster than the new Tesla Plaid.....:cool: wish I would have known that yesterday! Saw my first plaid in the flesh, white on white....the "NEW" Miami Vice car???
Yep. Well... I though the Plaid ran 7:31?

The Plaid is severly under-braked and the nannies won't let it corner worth a darn. The Tesla track-pack, once released (Brakes and track-mode software update), should help it, but right now it's a straight-line car.

I've raced my Model 3 Performance with some serious modification effort, but in the end I had to go back to the QV for track duty.

This guy is a memeber of my HPDE club (Chin Track days) and was running at VIR a couple weekends ago. You can see his only fun is on the straight. Afterwards he gets left, and even has to stop after 1-lap to cool the brakes.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Yep. Well... I though the Plaid ran 7:31?

The Plaid is severly under-braked and the nannies won't let it corner worth a darn. The Tesla track-pack, once released (Brakes and track-mode software update), should help it, but right now it's a straight-line car.

I've raced my Model 3 Performance with some serious modification effort, but in the end I had to go back to the QV for track duty.

This guy is a memeber of my HPDE club (Chin Track days) and was running at VIR a couple weekends ago. You can see his only fun is on the straight. Afterwards he gets left, and even has to stop after 1-lap to cool the brakes.

The note in Wiki says that the lap time was 7:30:909 for 20.6Km distance. The lap time for the standard circuit of 20.8Km was 7:35:579. So, based on that information (Wikipedia), on the same distance at the Ring, the QV was 7:32:00 and the Appliance was 7:35:58.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
The note in Wiki says that the lap time was 7:30:909 for 20.6Km distance. The lap time for the standard circuit of 20.8Km was 7:35:579. So, based on that information (Wikipedia), on the same distance at the Ring, the QV was 7:32:00 and the Appliance was 7:35:58.
Ah! That's right. I do recall now there being two Ring times. Didn't realize they were for different stretches of track.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,598 Posts

View attachment 118912
Still the fastest 4 door 5 seater sedan. AMG is 4 seater. Project 8 was missing the rear seats. Not sure about the panamera seat count but that's not really a sedan

·
Registered
5,122 Posts
Still the fastest 4 door 5 seater sedan. AMG is 4 seater. Project 8 was missing the rear seats. Not sure about the panamera seat count but that's not really a sedan
Panamera seats 4, and I would call it a sedan with a round butt. not really a hatch-back in the least.
Gents, no need to justify anything about our cars. They are top tier for a sports sedan, they handle like a coupe`, have flat out speed (top end) and acceleration. IF the auto industry's path to new cars is what it seems to be, you will not see a sports sedan like the Alfa or for any other brand in the near future.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Panamera seats 4, and I would call it a sedan with a round butt. not really a hatch-back in the least.
Gents, no need to justify anything about our cars. They are top tier for a sports sedan, they handle like a coupe`, have flat out speed (top end) and acceleration. IF the auto industry's path to new cars is what it seems to be, you will not see a sports sedan like the Alfa or for any other brand in the near future.
I had a 2010 Panamera S. I don't know what to call it. Doesn't feel like a sedan. Almost feels like a wagon, maybe.

Rode nice. Excellent cruiser, but didn't really inspire spirited driving if that makes sense.

It was capable for what it is, just didn't make you want to drive it that way 🤷🏾

·
Registered
5,122 Posts
I had a 2010 Panamera S. I don't know what to call it. Doesn't feel like a sedan. Almost feels like a wagon, maybe.

Rode nice. Excellent cruiser, but didn't really inspire spirited driving if that makes sense.

It was capable for what it is, just didn't make you want to drive it that way 🤷🏾
Drove my friends Pana GTS, I liked pretty much everything about it except the look of the car.
Fast forward and was lent a new RS6 Touring, loved the style, lots of power, lots of techno, BUT it drove like an aircraft carrier and that load of power is absolutely necessary to move it....
IF I had to choose between the 2 I'd take the Alfa QV ;)

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,598 Posts
There we go then; still the fastest 4 door 5 seater sedan!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
I like how this thread has taken on a life of its own and I have actually had three people message me about buying my car.

If I do sell it, it will be to buy a GT4 as that is the only other car I'm interested in but they seem impossible to get.

101 - 120 of 155 Posts