Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I have a few questions since I have never purchased aftermarket rims for any vehicle I have owned. I am thinking about going to a staggered setup on my Giulia TI and wanted to know if these tire sizes would be viable for 20-inch rims. 245/35/20 and 285/30/20 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+'s. Any suggestions on tire sizes?

I am not planning to lower the car at all so I was wondering if I would experience any rubbing while turning or when on bumpy roads? When I look through the forums I see tire sizes for 19-inch rims, but I haven't seen 20-inch rims mentioned much. Also, would I need to supply the tire shop with TPMS sensors or would they possibly have them for the Giulia? Are they manufacturer specific or could they use generic sensors for the new rims? I plan on keeping my old 18-inch stock rims for emergencies so swapping the old sensors into the new tires wouldn't be viable.

Sorry, I feel like I rambled through all of that, but any help with my questions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Vendor
1,195 Posts
When you buy new wheels they are usually listed by diameter and width. So you would be looking at a 20xSomething. That being said, what width are you looking at?

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I believe you're doing this for looks, not performance, correct?

Go to this website:

https://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

and you'll be able to see what different rim/tire combinations will do compared to the stock wheels. Be aware that a bigger rim means a lower profile tire which will increase the ride harshness. The Giulia already has super precise and tight steering; a lower profile tire will make it even less forgiving.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I would keep in mind the diameter. It might effect a lot of things like speedometer, anti lock brake, transmissions shifting ...... other ECU controlled items. Ask your tech.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome! Thank you all for the info. Yes, it is just for looks as I do not track the car at all. I didn't think about the ECU controlled items that his might affect. I haven't purchased the rims yet and can still get 19's.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe you're doing this for looks, not performance, correct?

Go to this website:

https://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

and you'll be able to see what different rim/tire combinations will do compared to the stock wheels. Be aware that a bigger rim means a lower profile tire which will increase the ride harshness. The Giulia already has super precise and tight steering; a lower profile tire will make it even less forgiving.
Thanks for the site! This will help alot!

·
Registered
537 Posts
There was a 20” Giulia wheel option posted here somewhere, it was a repro if the factory quad wheel I thought, and it looked great. It was an old thread but I’ll try to find it tonight if I have time. As far as the diameter throwing things off, it should be fine as long as the diameter front to rear are fairly close. You can use aftermarket sensors but some have had issues with those, worth a shot though since the Alfa ones are expensive

·
Vendor
1,195 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,729 Posts
Hello everyone! I have a few questions since I have never purchased aftermarket rims for any vehicle I have owned. I am thinking about going to a staggered setup on my Giulia TI and wanted to know if these tire sizes would be viable for 20-inch rims. 245/35/20 and 285/30/20 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+'s. Any suggestions on tire sizes?
That is probably a tight squeeze due to the increase in diameter with those tires. Also, 285 width is not a very happy fit on a 9" wide wheel.

If you try this please let us all know the results. I am interested in fitting a square setup with 245 40R19s as winter tires (virtually identical height and width as 245 35R20) and want to know if they will clear. I am pretty sure the rear will fit, it is the increase in diameter in the front positions that is a concern.

What ET for the rims that you are considering?

·
Vendor
1,195 Posts
Our shop Giulia is dropped roughly 4in on prototype coilovers with 20in Vossen wheels and a 245/30/20 tire. It has zero rub of any kind and clears all suspensions components. It's also a daily driver, we have not had any issues.

·
Vendor
1,195 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts