Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I nearly bought in 2017 and got spooked by recalls when i live 4 hours away from the closes dealer. Got an S3 and loved it, and some idiot totaled me sitting at a relight a few weeks ago. So now I feel like I want to try something new and this has been on my mind for a while. Looing at the TI Sports

Any insights on this car you guys see both good and bad would be appreciated! Going to ship it from NY to OK which will be a pain but hopefully worth it.

Used 2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti For Sale | Westbury NY

To add, the other Giulia I am considering Dallas to Tulsa is much easier.. - Used 2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia | EchoPark

Thanks!

· Registered
488 Posts
I would definitely go check out that 2020. First, it's a CPO, so you get a 5 year/100,000 mile warranty. That puts the warranty expiration date in March or April 2025. Also, you get the updated infotainment and interior, which I think is well worth it. This car also has the Ti Performance Pack, so you get an LSD and the much-desired adaptive suspension. And to top it off, the Montecarlo Blue / Tan combo is awesome.

The only downside is the CarFax shows only 3 oil changes by the previous owner: one at 6,430; one at 18,144, and one at 27,352. There was, however, other apparent service done in between. You should check with the dealer to see if there were additional oil changes, because 3 is not enough. I'm personally shooting for an oil change every 5,000 miles. It'd be nice if this one at least had one done around 12,000 and around 24,000. If not, then I'd be hesitant to pick it up.

BTW - the 2019 is showing as sold.

Reactions: Turd Fergussen

· Registered
5,868 Posts
I nearly bought in 2017 and got spooked by recalls when i live 4 hours away from the closes dealer. Got an S3 and loved it, and some idiot totaled me sitting at a relight a few weeks ago. So now I feel like I want to try something new and this has been on my mind for a while. Looing at the TI Sports

Any insights on this car you guys see both good and bad would be appreciated! Going to ship it from NY to OK which will be a pain but hopefully worth it.

Used 2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti For Sale | Westbury NY

To add, the other Giulia I am considering Dallas to Tulsa is much easier.. - Used 2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia | EchoPark

Thanks!
The 2020 looks nice, the 2019 shows as sold. I'd want 2020+ anyway for the interior refresh and upgrades. Looks like a reasonable service history although 8-9K miles between oil changes is more than I'd do personally. Can't comment on price, have not really been tracking, but easy enough for you to do that research. Good luck!

Reactions: ShamAsil

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would definitely go check out that 2020. First, it's a CPO, so you get a 5 year/100,000 mile warranty. That puts the warranty expiration date in March or April 2025. Also, you get the updated infotainment and interior, which I think is well worth it. This car also has the Ti Performance Pack, so you get an LSD and the much-desired adaptive suspension. And to top it off, the Montecarlo Blue / Tan combo is awesome.

The only downside is the CarFax shows only 3 oil changes by the previous owner: one at 6,430; one at 18,144, and one at 27,352. There was, however, other apparent service done in between. You should check with the dealer to see if there were additional oil changes, because 3 is not enough. I'm personally shooting for an oil change every 5,000 miles. It'd be nice if this one at least had one done around 12,000 and around 24,000. If not, then I'd be hesitant to pick it up.

BTW - the 2019 is showing as sold.
Thanks for this! I am sending a Pre purchase inspector to check it out for me today. It does seem like it has all the upgrades and that color combo is really rare and I love it. I will mention the oil changes to the dealership!

And the 2019 is marked as sold for me on hold!

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 2020 looks nice, the 2019 shows as sold. I'd want 2020+ anyway for the interior refresh and upgrades. Looks like a reasonable service history although 8-9K miles between oil changes is more than I'd do personally. Can't comment on price, have not really been tracking, but easy enough for you to do that research. Good luck!
I had them mark it as sold for me, I have refundable deposits on both. Was going to get the 2019 then they found a sensor issue in the inspection so I started looking around getting antsy and found the 2020.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gonna repeat the crowd here and say 2020 - the interior refresh significantly makes the car more livable! A Giulia is a Giulia though regardless, so hopefully no matter what you pick, you'll enjoy it :)
I have done some googling, but is there a good list of the actual changes?? Also I am leaning 2020 as well, just a huge pain in the ass to get it to me!

· Registered
5,868 Posts
I have done some googling, but is there a good list of the actual changes?? Also I am leaning 2020 as well, just a huge pain in the ass to get it to me!
The main changes were addition of touchscreen infotainment with many related enhancements to function, and an upgrade of touch points on the center console (shifter, knobs). I did not look closely, but compare the driver aids between the two (adaptive cruise, lane keep assist, blind spot, etc).

MC Blue is a great color, had that on my 2017.

Do get them to verify/clarify the oil change intervals. Since it looks like Westbrook did all the service, they should be able to show you what’s called a VIP History on the car showing details on every service. CarFax is pretty notoriously unreliable in my experience.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The main changes were addition of touchscreen infotainment with many related enhancements to function, and an upgrade of touch points on the center console (shifter, knobs). I did not look closely, but compare the driver aids between the two (adaptive cruise, lane keep assist, blind spot, etc).

MC Blue is a great color, had that on my 2017.

Do get them to verify/clarify the oil change intervals. Since it looks like Westbrook did all the service, they should be able to show you what’s called a VIP History on the car showing details on every service. CarFax is pretty notoriously unreliable in my experience.
He came back and told me there was one more done... at 29k when they did all the reconditioning. So there was a big gap, he is telling me 10k is what Alfa recommends, the days of 5k are done (not how i drive lol) and they put brand new kuhmos on it.

· Registered
'17 Giulia QV
1,572 Posts
If it matters to make your decision more clear, I also vote for the 2020 model, for all the reasons stated above. You can't go wrong with that color combo either and looking at the options package, it has everything you could ever want, go for it!!

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If it matters to make your decision more clear, I also vote for the 2020 model, for all the reasons stated above. You can't go wrong with that color combo either and looking at the options package, it has everything you could ever want, go for it!!
I mean it doesn't have the cargo holders 😂 if it was in driving distance i would be there today. It being NY to OK I am having to ship it because as much as i love a roadtrip i dont have 2-3 days to get it back right now lol

· Registered
5,868 Posts
He came back and told me there was one more done... at 29k when they did all the reconditioning. So there was a big gap, he is telling me 10k is what Alfa recommends, the days of 5k are done (not how i drive lol) and they put brand new kuhmos on it.
Alfa OWNERS recommend 5k! 🙂

· Registered
488 Posts
If it were me, I'd look for another 2020+. As @wingler noted, we owners try to change the oil every 5,000 miles or so. That said, with it being a CPO and still well within the first 3 years/36,000 (and thus eligible for a MaxCare extended warranty beyond the 5 year/100,000 mile CPO warranty), it may still be worth going for the 2020 you're looking at in NY if the dealer would be willing to give you a good deal on an extended MaxCare warranty.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If it were me, I'd look for another 2020+. As @wingler noted, we owners try to change the oil every 5,000 miles or so. That said, with it being a CPO and still well within the first 3 years/36,000 (and thus eligible for a MaxCare extended warranty beyond the 5 year/100,000 mile CPO warranty), it may still be worth going for the 2020 you're looking at in NY if the dealer would be willing to give you a good deal on an extended MaxCare warranty.
I am in an unfortunate position of NEEDING a car within a week/week and a half. My rental from my car getting totaled runs out today, not trying to throw away money renting, so i don't have the luxury to keep searching.

One other thing to note is that I am shipping it to Tulsa. Closest Alfa Dealer is 4 hours away. There is a mechanic and a small alfa community in Tulsa though and I have spoken to both so i feel better about maintenance and issues. The CPO also has the 5/100k warranty with it already

· Registered
381 Posts
I'm not saying changing oil every 5k is wrong, but I would have 0 concerns over 3 oil changes in <30k miles on the clock. I drive my car hard, change the oil every ~9k miles, and have done a couple oil analysis reports showing the oil/engine is in good health over the years. I will be doing another analysis with my next oil change at 100k miles, but I don't expect to see any issues. If the oil change interval is your only hang up, I think you need to just pull the trigger.

Having CPO + the ability to get the extended warranty would be more than enough peace of mind for me.

· Registered
130 Posts
The CPO also has the 5/100k warranty with it already
Make sure you review what that covers. A Chrysler CPO I got a few years ago only had powertrain coverage under that warranty. The Max Care extended warranty that folks are mentioning here is more like the bumper to bumper factory warranty.

· Registered
'20 Ti-Sport Carbon Q4 Rosso Comp
988 Posts
I am in an unfortunate position of NEEDING a car within a week/week and a half. My rental from my car getting totaled runs out today, not trying to throw away money renting, so i don't have the luxury to keep searching.

One other thing to note is that I am shipping it to Tulsa. Closest Alfa Dealer is 4 hours away. There is a mechanic and a small alfa community in Tulsa though and I have spoken to both so i feel better about maintenance and issues. The CPO also has the 5/100k warranty with it already
if accident was not ur fault and claimed under other party's insurance, u can ask for extention within reasons.
say u are in a process of getting car but it's being shipped from different state and request 5day extention and most will allow it. different story if it's ur own policy tho.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
if accident was not ur fault and claimed under other party's insurance, u can ask for extention within reasons.
say u are in a process of getting car but it's being shipped from different state and request 5day extention and most will allow it. different story if it's ur own policy tho.
They totaled it last Tueday, give me til friday with the rental, i complained and they gave me til today. Just left a message to see if they can extend though, thanks for the idea! And yes, i was dead stopped at a red light and a guy who just got a 1 ton truck decided he needed to fiddle with the radio for a while while driving.

· Registered
488 Posts
They totaled it last Tueday, give me til friday with the rental, i complained and they gave me til today. Just left a message to see if they can extend though, thanks for the idea! And yes, i was dead stopped at a red light and a guy who just got a 1 ton truck decided he needed to fiddle with the radio for a while while driving.
When you say "they totaled it. . ." who are you talking about? The other person's insurance company? Or your insurance company? Also - who's currently paying for the rental? If it's the other person's insurance company, you can ask your carrier to cover additional rental time and then have them pursue the other person's insurance for that.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
When you say "they totaled it. . ." who are you talking about? The other person's insurance company? Or your insurance company? Also - who's currently paying for the rental? If it's the other person's insurance company, you can ask your carrier to cover additional rental time and then have them pursue the other person's insurance for that.
The body shop it was taken to totaled it and then told the claim adjustor. We both are under progressive so its bled together. The policy of the person who hit me is currently covering it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts