Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I have had my blue Ti Sport for a week now and I've learned some things I'd like to share with new owners. (Ps i love my car and cant wait for the dozen things that i ordered)

You can disable the start/stop wth a button on lower left of steering column. Very useful because this feature sucks.

All sensors are more sensitive when in A mode.

Awd is 100 rear 0 front until it needs some front

Auto parking brake doesn't work if your seatbelt isn't on.

The target on D mode is g force display. The Eco readings are like a game for fuel efficiency. Possibly the most boring game ever.

Pressing your big control knob upwards brings up shortcut icons. Down does stuff too.

Close your trunk firmly by pressing in middle. Or it will likely take 2 tries.

Check your air pressure immediately. Mine came at 55psi like so many other people. Use a real air pressure checker or the tire pressure monitor. I was using the gas station on first and it was way off.

When i first got the car i thought it had a lot of bugs, mostly because i was a bit paranoid and expectant that those would happen based on things i read. But once i understood why things were happening i realised it's all pretty normal, just different from my previous car ('15 is350 fsport)

Enjoy your car!!

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Congratulations!
What model year?
2017 or 2018?

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,775 Posts
What parts are you getting? Or are you waiting to show us with pictures?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Every time you start the car you have to disable the start / stop feature if you don't want it.

Too bad you cannot permanently disable it.

Thanks

Reactions: sjmst

·
Registered
261 Posts
All sensors are more sensitive when in A mode.
On the other hand, it seems the brakes are less sensitive in A mode. It's certainly true in my Quadrifoglio. I've experienced the well discussed problem with braking at low speeds, where it's difficult to stop gently in Race, D, and N modes. But it seems to be much easier to do so in A mode. (Who would even drive a Quadrifoglio in A mode, you ask? When you're stuck in one of the epic Bay Area stop and go traffic jams, you really come to appreciate being able to stop smoothly.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Btw mine came with full updates and those plastic covers in the hood to prevent smell. So i haven't encountered any real issues. Dealer prepped her properly.

Can't wait for my parts to arrive
Can you tell us more about the covers? Were you getting engine compartment odor in the cabin during stops? Is this a TSB repair or modification?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.