Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
If you going to go to all that trouble importing might aswell upgrade or else it's a trip to the dealer I guess.

However, Brembo do have parts maybe a brake shop that stock can import them in.

·
Registered
343 Posts
just got a quote ... $1350 fitted

550 just for the front pads
700ish for the rotors
plus labour
I had a Holden Calibra (don't laugh) and paid those sort of prices to have the front end done. I think the rotors were $375 each and with perfect timing one baby looking at coming into the world and a purchased a house!

·
Registered
249 Posts

700ish for the rotors
plus labour
To be honest, not too bad for dealer prices (all things considered, including our lousy exchange rate).

Reactions: Papa Gallo

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
not an official dealer though ... they dont do Alfa anymore, but he has the means to do it

better than the $1600+ Bridgestone quoted

·
Registered
620 Posts
I had a Holden Calibra (don't laugh) and paid those sort of prices to have the front end done. I think the rotors were $375 each and with perfect timing one baby looking at coming into the world and a purchased a house!
Lucky you didn't have a Giulia then,it would have been hard deciding whether to sell the house or the baby to pay for the brakes

·
Registered
6,330 Posts

700ish for the rotors
plus labour
For 1 axle or both? $1350 AUD (about $870 USD) is cheap for both axles rotors, pads and install on a NAFTA spec Giulia, but kinda high for a single axle. I would hope the Super spec brakes are less expensive, but do not know.

$100 AUD for the install on one axle also seems like a bargain.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
one axle, and yes he is trying to drum up business in a very competitive and sagging marketplace

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Are the breaks and rotors covered under warranty if they need replacing?
i would imagine so ... they are authentic parts and he is a licensed dealership, just doest sell Alfa any more, still sells and services FIAT

HANG ON ... do you mean the ones that are curently on the car ? YES ... for the first 12 months i believe

·
Registered
205 Posts
HANG ON ... do you mean the ones that are curently on the car ? YES ... for the first 12 months i believe
[/QUOTE]
oh just 12 months, I understand the pads but the rotors should have full warranty I would've thought?

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
if you go to the dealership i just came from they will tell you the guy who does all the warranty claims doesnt work there any more

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
i read somewhere 12 months, but obviously depending on the fault

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
one axle, and yes he is trying to drum up business in a very competitive and sagging marketplace
Ouch. Those parts are about 50% more than I would expect. Not a completely insane price, but steep never-the-less.

With a NAFTA spec/Veloce Giulia you are supposed to replace the 4 bolts that hold the front calipers in place. I think that comes to another $25 USD.

Is it just your fronts that need replacing? I wore out all corners simultaneously at 38000 miles; less than 1mm variation between the 8 pads.

Can your rotors be turned down rather than replaced? That should save a considerable portion of the cost. My NAFTA spec rotors are pretty thick, with plenty of "meat" to allow for turning them down. The lightweight Ceika rotors have a hidden cost in that they are a bit more questionable to turn down because the metal is thinner.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
On the Veloce, Gulson in Canberra quoted more than $3000 for the pads, so I got the pads from Alfaworkshop, but the rotors from FCA Aus based on shipping. I'll look at Lockem's Ceika suggestion. I have a Ceika brake upgrade on my MR2 turbo.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts