Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might be needing brakes soon ... the story i get is there are no aftermarkets for Giulia in Aus, and the cost of genuine are pretty darn steep ...

anybody care to share any enquiries and quotes ?

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, i believe i will need discs

58, 000 klms and had pads replaced once under a warranty for wear sensor cable snapping

·
Registered
620 Posts
Ask anyone in "the business" and they will tell you the spare parts division is the most profitable part of a dealership. Eg I know a manager of a Mazda dealership spare parts who said they made literally millions out of a hailstorm a year or two ago

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there are a couple of independent parts guys around

Arese Spares is one, and then there are the overseas guys, but shipping could be a $$ problem

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ask anyone in "the business" and they will tell you the spare parts division is the most profitable part of a dealership. Eg I know a manager of a Mazda dealership spare parts who said they made literally millions out of a hailstorm a year or two ago
Actually it’s the service department. Only one place in a dealership that you can buy something for $25 and sell it to a customer for $140. That would be an hour of technician labour.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The other day I asked for a quote for front pads replacement for my Veloce in Zagame, was told it's about $520 pads only installed

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,193 Posts
I can only speak to available aftermarket brakes in the US, but maybe some of these options would work out for you.

I just swapped in R1 Concepts OE replacement rotors and pads. Great deal, and very nice feel so far. Check my spreadsheet in the first post of this thread here, maybe you could find something that works for you. Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0T Brakes Spreadsheet

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti
263 Posts
I've got the R1 Concepts hardware kits, geomet drilled/slotted rotors and front OEp pads setting in the garage waiting for the future brake job, they are out of stock on the rear OEp pads (ceramic only for the rear at this time). not sure what your shipping would be but worth a call, watch the website as they always have some kind of a discount I went ahead and ordered what they had in stock when they had a 25% off sale.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Assuming a 2.0T with Veloce size brakes, I got brake pads from Alfissimo but do not know if he will ship to Oz or if he has pads in stock. Currently resupply of OEM pads could be a problem. You can ask. I thought that Tarox and maybe one other were making pads to fix this car.

Ceika in HK has high performance rotors. They cost more than OEM but you get a significant weight reduction for that money. Maybe shipping to Oz will cost less than to the USA?

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Assuming a 2.0T with Veloce size brakes, I got brake pads from Alfissimo but do not know if he will ship to Oz or if he has pads in stock. Currently resupply of OEM pads could be a problem. You can ask. I thought that Tarox and maybe one other were making pads to fix this car.

Ceika in HK has high performance rotors. They cost more than OEM but you get a significant weight reduction for that money. Maybe shipping to Oz will cost less than to the USA?
145kw 200hp 2.0Litre Giulia base model as it is known have different brakes to Veloce, so we have to be very careful ordering from overseas

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
May want to check what shipping costs from rockauto.com. they have rotors for around 30 bucks and pads for around 35 bucks.

Mike
Check the timeframe too. I had an order out of Australia in late March, and it still hasn’t arrived. The delays on regular post into and out of Oz are 2-4 weeks plus on top of the normal timeframe, per Australia Post. Probably worth paying the UPS/FedEx/DHL costs to ensure delivery, if available. Plan B, have someone here order and then reship.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A Veloce in a holding yard which is why it is missing centre caps and my non Veloce side by side ... you can see the difference in disc and caliper size ... even though the OFFICIAL spec sheet on the Australian website still lists the base model as having the same size brakes as the Veloce ...

caution

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti
263 Posts
I have access to worldpac and for US and Canada (what they are showing) base does take different part numbers. the following numbers may help in your search.
front pad #68317364AA rotor #68311958AA
rear pad #68318394AA rotor #68328549AA

and as expected they show no inventory in stock

1 - 20 of 43 Posts