Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Yes Dear, no Dear, whatever you say Dear.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
My Husand Wanted the Stelvio

But, she did like the Stelvio, so we bought a Stelvio instead.

I will show myself out...
My husband liked the Stelvio I liked the Giulia Ti Sport and we bought a Giulia QV. How does that work!!!!!:surprise: Was that a bait and switch on my husbands part???? Was I manipulated???? Me thinks so.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
The Stelvio is a Giulia on heels, no wonder she liked it....:grin2:

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
2021 Giulia Sport TI, 2018 Stelvio, 2017 Abarth 124 Spider.
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes Dear, no Dear, whatever you say Dear.
It was her turn to get a new car... I bought a new Abarth 124 Spider last July. Fair is fair.

I actually dodged a bullet, at first she wanted a Subaru Forrester!

I do think the Guilia is a better looking car, but the Stelvio did fit her needs better. I wasn't surprised by her choice. At least it's not a Subaru...

I will show myself out... Again!

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Hey the Stelvio is a darn sporty looking SUV

I am sure the Stelvio was cheaper!
The Stelvio will be my next car. This was suppose to be MY TURN AND I AM THE WIFE but I did want the Ti Sport not the QV. I can't really say I am suffering but I did have to go without Carplay this time around and a sunroof and just got a few extra horses, CCMs that will keep the wheels cleaner, and nice Carbon seats to look at if I sit in the back seat.

I think you are a winner regardless. My thinking is it was a mutual decision. A Stelvio is hardly an arm twister.

·
Supporting Vendor
703 Posts
I do think the Guilia is a better looking car, but the Stelvio did fit her needs better. I wasn't surprised by her choice.
My wife has a Stelvio and she loves it. It really is a great car.

Even so she just giggles out loud whenever she drives the Giulia QV.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
It holds more stuff they are buying

Sincere question.... why does it seem like, in general, women prefer SUVs?
I had no idea women in general favor SUV's. I don't. I would rather have a convertible 2 seater but that is not practical. I could see if you had kids it is certainly better than a minivan and it is easier for grocery shopping and fits more STUFF. Other than that I see no reason. We would like to add the Stelvio to the mix but not because I like it but it just would make sense to both of us. My husband prefers the capacity in the Stelvio and it is AWD. So when we go somewhere we can still take the dogs without taking the big 4x4 truck in the snow.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
sincere answer
my wife thinks the giulia looks more lady like - and the stelvio more brutish, which is why she wanted the pretty girly car.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Very sincere answer.

We bought a Giula before we even knew about the Stelvio. When she saw the photo of a Stelvio she said it looked like a hatchback. She thinks our Giulia is セクシーでクールな (sexy and cool). We both just love our Giulia. A great example of felicità coniugale (marital bliss)! :laugh:

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
It was her turn to get a new car... I bought a new Abarth 124 Spider last July. Fair is fair.

I actually dodged a bullet, at first she wanted a Subaru Forrester!

I do think the Guilia is a better looking car, but the Stelvio did fit her needs better. I wasn't surprised by her choice. At least it's not a Subaru...

I will show myself out... Again!
No explanation needed. I'm married.>:) The Stelvio is a great vehicle. I had one as a loaner.

·
Registered
2021 Giulia Sport TI, 2018 Stelvio, 2017 Abarth 124 Spider.
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sincere question.... why does it seem like, in general, women prefer SUVs?
I had no idea women in general favor SUV's. I don't. I would rather have a convertible 2 seater but that is not practical...
I wasn't worried about practical... I have the convertible 2 seater!

Attachments

·
Registered
630 Posts
Coming from a Volvo XC70, I found the Giulia to be horribly cramped inside and I was worried I'd miss the utility of a rear hatch since both my previous cars had them. But like everything, I eventually got used to it. And thankfully we still have a Volvo XC90 as a family vehicle so the fleet is well rounded. Americans are abandoning the sedan in droves. I expect the Stelvio to outsell the Giulia 3:1 if not more. CUVs are the new sedans and the Giulia is the family man's sports car and the 4C is the rich man's weekend toy car.

Sometimes I regret not getting the Stelvio as it is more comfortable and offers greater utility and rear seat leg room than the Giulia. But at the end of the day, I'm in the car alone 95% of the time, so I'm happy that I decided to go with the dynamically superior and better looking Giulia. But next go around I will probably revert to something like a Volvo XC60 daily driver and a fun weekend car as it's rare I get to really play and have fun with the Giulia given all the traffic on my daily commute.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts