Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got my order in, dropped my down payment for the QV! Dealer is saying it 'may' be ready by July... Im in Houston, wondering if waiting that long, it may be best to wait till the next years model, but not sure if the difference will be anything other than a few software updates... Any thoughts?

·
Registered
105 Posts
So I finally got my order in, dropped my down payment for the QV! Dealer is saying it 'may' be ready by July... Im in Houston, wondering if waiting that long, it may be best to wait till the next years model, but not sure if the difference will be anything other than a few software updates... Any thoughts?
I'm thinking the same thing, as it looks like the only way to get a nicely optioned car without sunroof is to factory order one. Waiting a couple months will likely yield a 2018, which if nothing else might yield a few less bugs and a hair more resale down the road. If the dice fall in my favor, there could also be a minor tweak or two.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Buy one from my local dealer and ship it back to Houston. Vulcano Black QV. Steel Brakes. BTW...July is not a bad wait.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Consider the added depreciation you'll have if you buy a 2017 with the 2018s arriving soon after. Depreciation on QVs an unknown; I'm guessing it will be something like Maserati.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Consider the added depreciation you'll have if you buy a 2017 with the 2018s arriving soon after. Depreciation on QVs an unknown; I'm guessing it will be something like Maserati.
Highly doubt that. The Maserati have had about 4-6 recalls already and a horrible ownership experience from day one. Dealerships can't give Ghiblis and surprisingly even Levantes away. Massive incentives on the Ghiblis. Though more expensive, doesn't even compare to the Giulia from a driving experience perspective. The Maserati are totally over-rated. Clearly, they've got a lot of work to improve them.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Highly doubt that. The Maserati have had about 4-6 recalls already and a horrible ownership experience from day one. Dealerships can't give Ghiblis and surprisingly even Levantes away. Massive incentives on the Ghiblis. Though more expensive, doesn't even compare to the Giulia from a driving experience perspective. The Maserati are totally over-rated. Clearly, they've got a lot of work to improve them.
Dude who bought a Ghibli for his wife saw my Giulia Ti in a parking lot. I let him get in, look around, try it on for size. He said he was going to trade his wife's car in for one because the Alfa was so much nicer. He like how it was not "FCA bin" on the interior. Said the Ghibli had too many FCA parts on the inside.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I waited 1.5 years lol plunked my deposit down in June 2015 and got my QV in Dec 2016
Was it worth the wait. **** yes!
I randomly strolled into my dealership and bought the car off the showroom floor at a steep discount. Sorry! Many ways to skin a Quadrifoglio! Lol

·
Registered
343 Posts
But in the end, haven't all been waiting 20 years....

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yeah..as if Alfa Romeo has a spotless track record ...Ha!
Just wait.. the recalls are on the horizon for it too....

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree! You look at the massive discounts they have advertised on the web even for the Ghibli. $15-20k off the MSRP. They really are pretty bad luxury cars. It is a Chrysler parts bin car. Infotainment same as Jeep Grand Cherokee. Window switches are Chrysler. Why couldn't they put actual Maserati switches and buttons in? It is overrated. It doesn't even have half the technology the cars it's competing against have.
They really do have a lot of room for improvement.

·
Registered
161 Posts
The Maserati are totally over-rated. Clearly, they've got a lot of work to improve them.
Why the need to bash Maserati?
Some of us came to Alfa from Maserati..with little or no regrets.

Some of us wanted to buy a Giulia ...but decided to stay with Maserati... like me
BTW..my 2017 GranTurismo MC has zero parts from Chrysler...
But i could really care less...

·
Registered
576 Posts

Some of us wanted to buy a Giulia ...but decided to stay with Maserati... like me
It's not bashing Maserati, if most ownership experiences have sucked as bad as they have. It's not opinion, it's literally fact as even the steep discounts on brand new cars bear that out.

Congrats on your GranTurismo MC (the only decent model), but in general, Maserati has usually been an overpriced and uncompetitive in their respective segment, sort of like Aston Martin. We've had two Quattroporte and two Astons in our family, and in my opinion, their core competency is more in leather work than mechanical engineering. They stand a far better chance of competing against Coach than BMW!

How in the world they could roll out the Ghibli and even the Quattroporte with those mediocre V6 engines in them is a total disgrace to the brand's history. The V8 is decent, but still not exactly a worldbeater for the cost. Obviously, driver self-image is the primary driver to sales, not actual performance. Let's face it, it's more of a lifestyle brand.

Alfa is definitely not as high-end, but at least it is purposeful, and you really have to respect that.

·
Registered
5,017 Posts

with all due respect..(don't ya hate when people start their statement with that:p)...your GT Maser is NO Ghibli....had the pleasure to drive one a friend just bought...Midnight Blue/Saddle interior...and the car was a BLAST!!...reminded me of a RIVA speedboat as it picks up speed and just launches itself... and the sound out of that V8 is just music!...
honestly..IF I had a GT Maser...I'd want a QV as the family sedan as opposed to the QP...

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Yup, good points all. The QP and Ghibli are really kind of ugly. The GT is the only real Maserati in my eyes, although a V8 Levante is probably OK. Saw one a couple months ago but no start up.

I have actually planned on Alfa being a lower "lifestyle" level than Maserati to balance the realities of my Ferrari. But performance wise, I do NOT want to skimp out at all, and purchase wise, unless I was getting serious pre-owned depreciation on price, I will NOT pay 80 grand (say it again) for a color I do not want. Not happening, especially when Alfa Competizione Tri-Coat is the signature color. If the interiors are limited at the factory for whatever reason including weight/sport, so be it. I am getting my head around that now.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Just saw the other recently arrived Vulcano Black QV sitting on the showroom at Alfa of Boston. I hear you on the RC talk, but I've grown more in love with the Vulcano Black the more I see it. Looks mean!

This one has Sparcos and CCM brakes, and is priced at $88K. They are claiming that they are only getting 3 QVs this year. Vulcano Black, White Metallic (GM is buying it), and then a Rosso Alfa arriving in July. That all for MY2017, and they were the number 1 dealer in Massachusetts, and 3rd in the Region. Supply will remain tight.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts