Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been plenty of threads covering complaints about cars, dealers, FCA, etc. I propose this as a more general-purpose place to share gripes about things that make driving our lovely Giulias less enjoyable. Possibilities include, but are not limited to, traffic, other drivers, messy birds and bugs, overzealous constabulary, too-high drive-through windows, and the weather. I'll kick things off with an incident that happened yesterday.

I was driving home and about to pass a van that must have spent considerable time driving on dirt roads shed a torrent of mud. Suddenly pieces of it (mud, not the van) were bouncing everywhere, and I had no idea whether rocks or gravel were imbedded in them. Though my Giulia's nose and windshield were spattered, I was relieved not to hear any loud noises indicating solid object impacts. Driving a mud-encrusted vehicle on the highway is just as inconsiderate and dangerous as driving one with a load of snow on its roof and creating a rolling white-out. Discourtesy and obliviousness have become the norm. How unfortunate.

·
Registered
159 Posts
A lot of things make me see red (people in general) but the one I have to vent about is when someone throws a cigarette out of their car and it bounces off yours hot-rocking. Probably does zero damage but makes me want to overtake them and throw a carton of milk at theirs :) Keep you trash in your own sodding car :D
You ought to experience that on a motorcycle. Actually had one asshat toss one on me at a red light.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I'm mad as **** and I'm not going to take it anymore!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I myself prefer to concentrate on the positives......
I love my QV regardless of what the other clueless drivers are doing around me...... and nobody can take that away from me.....0:)

·
Registered
647 Posts
Well, I really love the attention when all the cute chicks (minimum age 18) at the mall parking area gather around my sexy red Giulia (with the yellow calipers). However, when I ask them if they want to go for a ride they all turn me down. Starting to irritate me! Did I get the wrong color?

Reactions: rjmcinnis

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,946 Posts
Not only are drive through windows too high for Giulia (and probably even Stelvio) but the ground underneath the window is where everyone spilled their food so when you get out of the car to get your order you track absolutely disgusting goo into the car on your shoes!

What about drivers who haven't figured out that you need to push the accelerator to maintain speed when climbing a hill? Reference the perpetual traffic jamb on the Sunol grade.

Truck drivers pee in soda bottles and toss them out their window onto my property. Really???

In California farm owners can drive their farm vehicles on a road or highway that goes through or along side their property. Dilapidated trucks with no ID or license used to haul manure and other agricultural material (such as nut shells) are encountered scattering their load as they go. Oh so fun to get stuck behind one.

Skunks on the road, live or otherwise. 'nuff said.

·
Registered
335 Posts
This thread seems well timed for me as the first unfortunate incident has been bestowed upon my Giulia this morning. I'll preface with I park in an open lot, of which 15 spots are reserved for the condo I live in and the others are for the gym across the street. When I went out to shovel this morning after the snowstorm that hit us yesterday, I noticed that the sign behind my parking spot was tipped over dangerously close to my car from the plows ramming all the snow into my spot (the unfortunate peril of having the corner spot in an open parking lot). Upon closer inspection I found that it did in fact hit my car and leave a dent and scratch on the trunk... All the other times they've plowed the lot they fill the spot behind me (which is gym parking) and leave my spot alone. However this time they plowed all the snow into the back of my car. I know they are doing their job but the carelessness is infuriating, not to mention I had gone out at 7pm yesterday and shoveled my whole spot clean to make this morning easier, only to get plowed in from behind. Now begins the fight to get them to cover this..

Attachments

·
Registered
641 Posts
This thread seems well timed for me as the first unfortunate incident has been bestowed upon my Giulia this morning. I'll preface with I park in an open lot, of which 15 spots are reserved for the condo I live in and the others are for the gym across the street. When I went out to shovel this morning after the snowstorm that hit us yesterday, I noticed that the sign behind my parking spot was tipped over dangerously close to my car from the plows ramming all the snow into my spot (the unfortunate peril of having the corner spot in an open parking lot). Upon closer inspection I found that it did in fact hit my car and leave a dent and scratch on the trunk... All the other times they've plowed the lot they fill the spot behind me (which is gym parking) and leave my spot alone. However this time they plowed all the snow into the back of my car. I know they are doing their job but the carelessness is infuriating, not to mention I had gone out at 7pm yesterday and shoveled my whole spot clean to make this morning easier, only to get plowed in from behind. Now begins the fight to get them to cover this..
Major bummer! At least you know who did it and should be able to find the plowing company. I hope you can get reimbursed...their insurance company should cover it.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Ouch. Hopefully a PDR guy can smooth it out to make it virtually invisible. Being in a tight bend radius will make it challenging but those guys are generally miracle workers.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
they should 100% cover that. That's what their insurance is for! Had some similar fun with my RX7 at my old work place. They managed to launch a stone into my rear windscreen when weed whacking and break the whole thing then walk off. I got the most expensive place for tinting and windows and took one of the Execs cars until they fixed it (and paid for it)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well, I really love the attention when all the cute chicks (minimum age 18) at the mall parking area gather around my sexy red Giulia (with the yellow calipers). However, when I ask them if they want to go for a ride they all turn me down. Starting to irritate me! Did I get the wrong color?
@JuliaQ4-Nut Are you forgetting to tell them there is candy and ice cream in your car? :grin2:

·
Registered
7,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@JuliaQ4-Nut Are you forgetting to tell them there is candy and ice cream in your car?
You might have more luck with this:

·
Registered
7,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
major pet peeve. Trucks that are dirty, that drop stuff on the road (usually rocks) that then get picked up and tossed into a windshield by other trucks.
....or the rock is so big it destroys everything on the underside of your car http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/4...o/20849-cf-splitter-completely-destroyed.html
In our case, too often those rocks are former pieces of the road.

There are two houses under renovation near us and the amount of mud left in the street is second in annoyance only to the damage caused by heavy loads. Not a good way for them to start out as new neighbors.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I myself prefer to concentrate on the positives......
I love my QV regardless of what the other clueless drivers are doing around me...... and nobody can take that away from me.....0:)
Who is this guy? Always the positive. Oh well, it's great to have someone like this around. Stay positive for all of us DMD. :grin2:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Maybe it's not the color of the car but the color of the hair? I keep mine shaved off so the white and gray doesn't show. >:)

1 - 20 of 146 Posts