Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far the worst part of the car by far is the interface for the radio. Therefore I have several questions on it.

First, despite RTFMing I still cannot figure out how to tune anything on this radio. I want to just do the old fashioned spin the knob to go from the beginning of the band to the end.

I have read conflicting information concerning the presets. Are there only six?

I understand the static presets can be supplemented by using Favorites. But this will change will it not? This is not a static list that can be set. It changes as different stations are accessed, correct?

Does this radio show weather maps?

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have read conflicting information concerning the presets. Are there only six?

I understand the static presets can be supplemented by using Favorites. But this will change will it not? This is not a static list that can be set. It changes as different stations are accessed, correct?
Yes, there are only 6 "old school" pre-sets. But with the favorites you can set as many as you'd like. AM/Fm and SiriusXM. The favorites do not change when you add other stations, unless you move the favorites into one of the first 6 positions, which correspond with the pre-set. I, too was upset with the only 6 presets til I figured out the favorites. Now I have about 20 set, in order so they are easy to scroll through. Once you set them you can move them around, too.

You can search stations the old fashioned way, too, just by using the rotary know.
AM/FM RADIO STATION
TUNING
Use the "Manual Search" function to
directly select a radio station. To
activate the function, select the icon
on the control bar of the display by
rotating and pushing the Rotary Pad.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Presets are not available in SiriusXM.

Voice commands are very problematic:

"SiriusXM" is not recognized ("FM" & "AM" are);
Can't seem to set SiriusXM stations by voice;

"Navigate to" defaults to somewhere in Utah.
More...

I'd like to find a definitive document listing the recognized commands.

Maybe it's just me, but all-in-all rather disappointing.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

More...

It sure is. I have never seen an interface so poorly done. Does no one test this stuff before producing it? A touch screen is the way to go with these sort of things. Much simpler. The Alfa and the Benz we have both use this rotary approach. Neither works well. On the other hand the touch screen interface in our farm truck, GMC 2500HD, is simple and straight forward.

·
Registered
343 Posts

More...

I've had the same issues with voice commands. It will work for switching between settings, and for tuning to AM and FM, but won't go to a particular SiriusXM channel. Can't get it to work for Nav either, but on other posts I've seen people rave about how great it is for Nav so I must be doing something wrong.

As for presets, I've had all six set to SiriusXM channels with no problem.

·
Registered
80 Posts
In regard to the "favorites" that can be set, when one of my songs come on the notice on the screen is up for about 5 seconds. No kidding, that's too fast. anyone know if that can be adjusted?

ALSO to Weppler, pre sets are available in xm. You need to have them ordered to be in the first 6 slots.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.