Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New member here. Hoping to get a Giulia Ti Sport in the next couple of weeks. I do have a few questions which i hope someone can answer...

I was wondering why some RWD models have a Q2 badge on the back and some don't?

The VIN number of the car im looking at has a 'J' in the 10th position, so am i safe in assuming the manufacturer date is 2018?

Are there any things i should be sure to check about the car before signing on the dotted line? Or things you wish you had known before buying?

Cheers

·
Registered
316 Posts
The month and year of manufacture is on a plate on the driver's door pillar. I have read in the forum that the Q2 badge is only on the RWD Ti cars*.

There is nothing I can think of that you should particularly watch out for. My car came with zero defects. A hood sealing gasket has been changed from the original design, you might insure that your dealer has changed that if needed. You might ask if you have current software versions. My car needs an infotainment update that I will wait until the first service to get.

If you are still shopping I strongly recommend the active suspension option. It really sharpens up the car's suspension when in D mode. It's well worth it in my opinion.

*Corrected to Ti Performance Package cars by chaadster below...

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
The Q2 designation is for RWD cars with the Performance Package (or Ti Performance Package) which includes a limited slip differential and adjustable dampers/shocks.

Reactions: Max and 19737

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
The month and year of manufacture is on a plate on the driver's door pillar. I have read in the forum that the Q2 badge is only on the RWD Ti cars.

There is nothing I can think of that you should particularly watch out for. My car came with zero defects. A hood sealing gasket has been changed from the original design, you might insure that your dealer has changed that if needed. You might ask if you have current software versions. My car needs an infotainment update that I will wait until the first service to get.

If you are still shopping I strongly recommend the active suspension option. It really sharpens up the car's suspension when in D mode. It's well worth it in my opinion.
90Below, where do you plan to take your car for service, Hendrick or Leith?

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
I'd suggest plugging your phone to check if CarPlay or Android Auto is enabled if that's something you'd like to use. Some MY18 cars don't have them functioning, so just make sure to avoid that point of potential frustration.

The only real suggestion I have regarding what to check is to take an extended test drive of any particular car you might buy, so that you can get the engine warm to check for any odors entering the cabin through the air handling system (particularly when slowing to stop). Some MY18 cars have this problem despite a fix which was issued to address MY17 cars with the issue and applied to subsequent MY18s. I have no idea, really, the cause of the odor, how prevalent it is, or why some have it and some don't, but it is unpleasant and best to avoid if you have the option. It seems to be something that usually goes away, or at least lessens, with time, but there is no known fix at this time, so if your car does it, you're stuck with it until, and if, it decides to go away on its own.

Other than that, the 2018s seem to be doing pretty well on the whole, and I can't think of any particular points of concern.

·
Registered
109 Posts
When you pick up your new car ('cause I can tell you're gonna buy!) make sure you check the tire pressure. There were a number of forum posts about seriously over-inflated tires that I ignored (seemed too stupid to be true) and when I drove my new car I was surprised at the overly harsh ride (as compared to my test drives). Sure 'nuff......53lbs in every tire!

Apparently this is done for shipping reasons and unfortunately the Alfa dealers don't seem to be checking these as they prep the cars.

·
Registered
316 Posts
90Below, where do you plan to take your car for service, Hendrick or Leith?
I'm not sure. I bought it from Annapolis Md. Alfa Romeo, but that's too far to drive, lol. I tried to make an appointment with Hendricks last week and it was a terrible experience. They wanted me to wait a week for a tire going flat.

·
Registered
316 Posts
The Q2 designation is for RWD cars with the Performance Package (or Ti Performance Package) which includes a limited slip differential and adjustable dampers/shocks.
Ah, so not just Ti, but Ti Performance Package. Good to know. Thanks.

Then I recommend the OP get the performance package to get the badge AND the active dampers.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
I'm not sure. I bought it from Annapolis Md. Alfa Romeo, but that's too far to drive, lol. I tried to make an appointment with Hendricks last week and it was a terrible experience. They wanted me to wait a week for a tire going flat.
You would think they would have been anxious to get you in, that’s probably something they would know how to fix!

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is 48k drive away reasonable for the Ti sport perf(Q2) with driver assist stuff, premium audio, flat red with leather sport interior?

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Is 48k drive away reasonable for the Ti sport perf(Q2) with driver assist stuff, premium audio, flat red with leather sport interior?
I think so...for an ‘18.

·
Registered
263 Posts
There’s no better car for 48k and probably 58k too.

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
When you pick up your new car ('cause I can tell you're gonna buy!) make sure you check the tire pressure.
Well, i picked my TiSportPerformance up yesterday for 47k drive-away ?(And it had ACP-AA listed in the options). The infotainment system reports that the pressure is between 36-37psi across all 4. Thanks for the heads up.

The manager mentioned something about them using Nitrogen in the tyres instead of air, i have no idea what the implications are tho.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'm also debating on RWD and AWD. I live in the American Northeast so instinctively I thought of the AWD system ($2,000) and in both test drives I drove an AWD (since they didn't have the Q2) and the traction control and grip are legendary.

But I'm also keeping my current car (07 Yaris) for everyday commuting and harsh winter driving, so I'm debating whether to order a Q2 since I most assuredly wont be taking the Giulia out of the garage during heavy snowfall. Would anyone recommend the Q2 in this circumstance?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
New member here. Hoping to get a Giulia Ti Sport in the next couple of weeks. I do have a few questions which i hope someone can answer...

The VIN number of the car im looking at has a 'J' in the 10th position, so am i safe in assuming the manufacturer date is 2018?

Are there any things i should be sure to check about the car before signing on the dotted line? Or things you wish you had known before buying?

Cheers
Ah, so not just Ti, but Ti Performance Package. Good to know. Thanks.

Then I recommend the OP get the performance package to get the badge AND the active dampers.
I'm also debating on RWD and AWD. I live in the American Northeast so instinctively I thought of the AWD system ($2,000) and in both test drives I drove an AWD (since they didn't have the Q2) and the traction control and grip are legendary.

But I'm also keeping my current car (07 Yaris) for everyday commuting and harsh winter driving, so I'm debating whether to order a Q2 since I most assuredly wont be taking the Giulia out of the garage during heavy snowfall. Would anyone recommend the Q2 in this circumstance?
The 'Q2' indicates that the car has an LSD, Active Suspension and Paddle Shifters. This is the Ti Performance Package available only on the Giulia Ti. It is available on both the AWD and RWD Giulia Ti, but, only the RWD gets the Q2 moniker while the AWD remains tagged as 'Q4'.

Please note that all Giulia and Stelvio AWD get a Q4 tag.

The Sport Package also includes paddle shifters, so don't be fooled into thinking the car has an LSD just because it has paddle shifters.

We special ordered our Giulia Ti Q2 in order to get the LSD. For snow, mud and other bad weather driving, I wouldn't choose anything less than an AWD with an LSD. I got the Q2 more for fair weather performance driving though, but, I suspect that a RWD with LSD will out perform an AWD without LSD in snow & mud.

·
Registered
539 Posts
The 'Q2' indicates that the car has an LSD, Active Suspension and Paddle Shifters. This is the Ti Performance Package available only on the Giulia Ti. It is available on both the AWD and RWD Giulia Ti, but, only the RWD gets the Q2 moniker while the AWD remains tagged as 'Q4'.

Please note that all Giulia and Stelvio AWD get a Q4 tag.

The Sport Package also includes paddle shifters, so don't be fooled into thinking the car has an LSD just because it has paddle shifters.

We special ordered our Giulia Ti Q2 in order to get the LSD. For snow, mud and other bad weather driving, I wouldn't choose anything less than an AWD with an LSD. I got the Q2 more for fair weather performance driving though, but, I suspect that a RWD with LSD will out perform an AWD without LSD in snow & mud.
Interesting insight. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Q2 badge, in the UK, is an option if you have the optional performance plus pack which gives a LSD, active suspension and in non Veloce models,paddle shifters. The Q2 badge is no cost but has to be requested. I didn't request the badge for my Giulia, which I regret now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts