Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, the first question is why some people act so surprised and quick to point out that an Alfa Romeo could have a problem when other cars also have problems? I mean its not as if it was a car just like any other car, because its not just a car, ... its an Alfa Romeo

and so there is the first expectation, that when FCA and Sergio first rolled out the new Giulia to the world, its almost as if also included with its fresh return to form there was an unwritten promise that it would also be perfect,
so great was the expectation and promise of a new Alfa Romeo that people forgot that it was only human, a heart and soul just like all of us, and with that, of course there would be niggles and wrinkles, unlike some other brands faults and niggles that the same antagonists would avoid, like engine faults across entire ranges, mechanical issues that would affect an entire class (wont mention any names or brands, but you know who you are). even new born babes are born with wrinkles and goo,

now this is not an apologetic thread by a long shot, its more of a reality check, part rant, part expression, but also part explanation for those "who dont get it" that with every Alfa Romeo there are a thousand lovers of the brand ready to defend her with varying levels of admiration, dedication, enthusiasm or just plain everyday common sense...

...such as this guy who seems to think i require special singling out like it were a shock to his system that some owners and devotees would want to either get to the bottom or at the very least put things into reality vs expectation perspective

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa...a-giulia-customer-service-3.html#post16875042

i really cant believe that sort of fanaticism and zealotry that actually complains that there may be objective viewpoints and rationale to address expectations rather than the actual problems
yes indeed Brooking10, you just dont get it do you, but we are far from being buffoons, i mean after all we didnt buy German

:)

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Well the internets, especially forums, is rife with tribalism, trolls and people just looking for fights safely behind their keyboards so it’s not entirely unexpected. I can’t see getting insulted or upset about some anonymous person who could be half way around the world and who’s opinion in real life you’d not even waste a brain cell on...

That said I don’t think too many people are under the impression that Alfa’s are “perfect”. As a car company their individual models seem to have been perpetually regarded as always falling along the brilliant-> quirky->unreliable spectrum and how far the needle tips one way or the other or even two needles needed for some being both brilliant and terrible at the same time...

My QV is my first Alfa and second Italian car...well third if you count the Lancia I bought for parts to keep my first one going:wink2: like everything else in life you sometimes have to deal with the bad to enjoy the good but I’d say from my brief time with my QV the bad would have to be really really really bad to make me not like this car. Only time will tell...

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the good but I’d say from my brief time with my QV the bad would have to be really really really bad to make me not like this car. Only time will tell...
and there you have a common sense approach, along with everything else you have said, thanks Jerry

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I didnt have the time or patients to read thru all the posts, but my QV so far has been flawless and the best car I ever owned..... (I have owned or currently own Audi, BMW, Porsche, Mercedes)

Reactions: Max
1 - 5 of 5 Posts