• Yes i really really like

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Yesserrie bob i like it a lot

Votes: 14 63.6%
61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
This Giuila QV Widebody would easily beat the GTAm on the track...no real comparison
Power:
575 hp vs 531 hp
Tires:
305/325 Vs 265/295
Track:
66/67 inches vs 61.2/63.3 inches

The only real benefit is the lighter weight In the GTAm with no rear seat and Lexan windows
3351lbs vs 3800lbs
also possibly some extra downforce with that real wing but I suspect my canards front and rear would equal it.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
This Giuila QV Widebody would easily beat the GTAm on the track...no real comparison
Power:
575 hp vs 531 hp
Tires:
305/325 Vs 265/295
Track:
66/67 inches vs 61.2/63.3 inches

The only real benefit is the lighter weight In the GTAm with no rear seat and Lexan windows
3351lbs vs 3800lbs
also possibly some extra downforce with that real wing but I suspect my canards front and rear would equal it. View attachment 102285 View attachment 102286 View attachment 102287
That car is a monster AL. I think wit all the money you have it’s time to ship that car over to Germany and you vs Fabio in a GTAm on the ring. I know you have contemplated driving that car on the ring. Think of the paparazzi you will get if you run a 7:10 wit those stickers in the back window! Prolly cheaper to ship to Germany than some of those weekends you run lol.

·
Registered
734 Posts
That car is a monster AL. I think wit all the money you have it’s time to ship that car over to Germany and you vs Fabio in a GTAm on the ring. I know you have contemplated driving that car on the ring. Think of the paparazzi you will get if you run a 7:10 wit those stickers in the back window! Prolly cheaper to ship to Germany than some of those weekends you run lol.
Wow thanks!
It really is a “Beast” but the most surprising thing is is it’s actually a “Beauty” too being so surprisingly smooth riding on the street!
Those KW DDCPnP coilovers really cover a huge suspension range travel so they are just amazingly smooth and quiet in Natural mode. We still have a slight problem if I put five people in the car and drive it hard the bottom tires rub a bit nothing in an unsafe area but I still don’t like it so I might have to cut the fenders a little bit more and move the flares up. I might also put a slightly stiffer spring in the rears. It’s a progressive spring set up so I’ll have to probably contact KW automotive North America to see what they recommend.
i’m taking it to my local track this Saturday and it will finally be almost completely done so I’ll know just how fast it is. Amazingly my goal is to beat the very fast time I put down with my Stelvio QV! I should be slightly faster in the Giulia QV than my Stelvio QV as I was at ORP.
The truly amazing beast is the Stelvio QV with how I modded it.
I tell you many people in expensive Porsche sportscars almost cried and went home when I came to their home racetrack that they know very well and then with it being my the very first time there I blow up their laptimes in my SUV! They quit talking to me and just leave!
Now that I’ve got the Giuila QV widebody pretty much all figured out I should be doing the same thing in my Italian family sedan as I call it.
I actually do you have some plans to come to Germany and drive the ring. It won’t be for a year maybe two and I’m not sure if I’m just going to come over there and rent some good car. But bringing my Alfa Giuila QV widebody really would be something! I’ll try and see.
In just a few weeks I’m bringing my Alfa Giuila QV widebodyon the Gold Rush Rally GR2020 with about 100 super high-end sports cars and we travel around the country for two weeks. That really will be something fun. A lot of people will be admiring all the cars and I’m sure I’ll get my share of looks. On it I may be invited to some airstrip and do some top end runs. That would be fun to go 200+mph in it. Pretty sure it will do it.
Couple years ago I did the rally in my 4C that was a blast but such a little storage space for a road trip!! Lol

·
Registered
734 Posts
via Australia first - we have a fantastique mountain speed track known as Mount Panorama - you may have heard of it

bring it ... we will come

Circuit Facts

2 minutes 3 seconds over 6.2 klms ? - hold my Cinzano :)
Wow that video is really something! That bloke knows that track very well as he was using every inch of it! Very exciting! What’s with all the walls crikey!!!!!!
I’d love to come down under and hit that track. I have a friend every year goes to Targa in New Zealand and he really likes it. It would be awesome to hit both of them on a trip. But I’m more of a track time attack guide rather than rally racing so I think I’ll enjoy your Mount Panorama more.

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Mount Panorama is an actual street circuit and is used as a road with speed limits and is regularly patrolled on non race days, there are special meets where you might want to enter a race

all the info is on the website

Mount Panorama Bathurst

there are a lot of track guys that would love to meet up

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 · (Edited)
here she comes ...

2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA and GTAm price and specs | CarAdvice

The 2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA and GTAm are coming to Australia at last – with eye-watering price tags to match.

While Alfa Romeo Australia has yet to officially confirm the figures, it's understood the Giulia GTA (or Gran Turismo Allegarita) is priced from $268,000 before on-road costs, with the GTAm (Gran Turismo Allegarita modificata) priced from $288,000 before on-road costs.

They're nearly twice as expensive as the 'regular' Giulia Quadrifoglio, priced from $138,950 before on-road costs,

·
Registered
17 Posts
here she comes ...

The 2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA and GTAm are coming to Australia at last – with eye-watering price tags to match.

While Alfa Romeo Australia has yet to officially confirm the figures, it's understood the Giulia GTA (or Gran Turismo Allegarita) is priced from $268,000 before on-road costs, with the GTAm (Gran Turismo Allegarita modificata) priced from $288,000 before on-road costs.

They're nearly twice as expensive as the 'regular' Giulia Quadrifoglio, priced from $138,950 before on-road costs,
Dealer here in Melbourne has already sold 7 of them !

·
Registered
85 Posts
Dealer here in Melbourne has already sold 7 of them !
This is great news. On these numbers GTA sales may exceed QV sales this month in Australia which is funny.

Any idea of the 7 sales what the GTA/GTAm split is?

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
3,423 Posts
here she comes ...

From the article: "The brand claims a 0-100km/h sprint time of 3.6 seconds for the GTA – down 0.3 seconds over the Q – thanks to launch control and, crucially, a 100kg weight saving versus the Quadrifoglio (for a total of 1520kg)."

I wonder how launch control will work

·
Registered
85 Posts
From the article: "The brand claims a 0-100km/h sprint time of 3.6 seconds for the GTA – down 0.3 seconds over the Q – thanks to launch control and, crucially, a 100kg weight saving versus the Quadrifoglio (for a total of 1520kg)."

I wonder how launch control will work
And I wonder what scales they are using. The ones from the marketing department no doubt. As for launch control... good luck finding that.

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
873 Posts
And I wonder what scales they are using. The ones from the marketing department no doubt. As for launch control... good luck finding that.

Launch - Race - Dynamic - Natural (and no "advanced efficiency") ? :D

(Obviously not an ideal solution)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I can confirm that I am one of those with a GTAm on order. Very excited to finally see and drive it!

I can also confirm that the FCA team did confirm that launch control is coming with the GTA/m.

Deliveries expected November 2021. Aussies will be amongst the first deliveries.

As for breakdown, my understanding is that of the 18, 15 are GTAms.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
wow 15 GTAm in Australia alone ... thats like the highest concentration of performance and class per capita anywhere in the world !!!

61 - 80 of 97 Posts