• Yes i really really like

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Yesserrie bob i like it a lot

Votes: 14 63.6%
21 - 40 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I also wouldn't ignore the possible benefits of the Sauber aerodynamics. The larger air pressure relief vents on the sides shows they tested this (at least in the wind tunnel) at high enough speeds to know they needed more relief of the air pressure building up in the engine compartment. That's actually the biggest area of drag and frontal resistance believe it or not. Those aero pieces in the front show them working at redirecting more of the air up and to the side. This thing is probably faster than the HP number would indicate, and more than just being lighter too. No telling what it cost to pay Sauber to do all that development either. Probably part of why they're charging so much. Nothing like having a Formula 1 engineering and development team putting in time on your car.

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
oh, i thought i saw the stars n stripes, my bad

well, like i said, if you put it alongside the Maseratis ...

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
omg, youve moved to ... where is that ? ShangriLa ?

is that a lotus flower in a red flag

and now youre in Germany ... ok, so where is "here" the International Space Station ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
omg, youve moved to ... where is that ? ShangriLa ?

is that a lotus flower in a red flag
They seek me here, they seek me there...

I think the straight conversion is around $300k, so I can't see it being less than $350k as there are other better proven cars for the money at that price point.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
arrdunno im not seeing much that would get me out of a GTA (if i ever win lotto)

i think this car can run rings around anything on that list of 191 cars you can get for 300-350K in Australia ...

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
873 Posts
I'd still prefer a 4C personally(~AU$100k). But is the AU$300 price tag equal to the EU price?

You'd have t o factor in dealer markup, import duties, LCT, etc....

@Papa, i think i've asked you before, but are you in Perth? (I think of Barbagallo anytime I see your nickname)

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
@Papa, i think i've asked you before, but are you in Perth? (I think of Barbagallo anytime I see your nickname)
sorry Hawkeye, if you have asked before i must have missed it, no not in Perth, nothing to do with Barbagallo other than i listen to Tame Impala a lot (one of the Barbagallos was in the band for a while)
no, im on NSW South Coast Illawarra -

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
873 Posts
sorry Hawkeye, if you have asked before i must have missed it, no not in Perth, nothing to do with Barbagallo other than i listen to Tame Impala a lot (one of the Barbagallos was in the band for a while)
no, im on NSW South Coast Illawarra -
No worries (I think you might have replied before). Barbagallo was a race car driver out west(Perth), and now-a-days, "Barbagallo" is one of the major car dealers in Perth (which sells Alfa, Maserati, Fiat, Jags, etc) Wiki Link

Cheers

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 · (Edited)
perhaps we need a new sub section for this car ...

here she is ... in the flesh!!!

comes with a soundtrack

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/98347088_2598777947035187_6546448100989337600_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=8iySZdWjjdYAX8rXunq&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=2291dc366700e3172c85e0429e853b2c&oe=5F017892

Giulia GTAm

21 - 40 of 97 Posts