• Yesserrie bob i like it a lot

Votes: 14 63.6%
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i wonder if we will get to see a handful of these bewties on our wide open Aussie streets ... where the wind blows and the rain feels cold, with a head full of snow, ...with a head full of snow ...

the story so far ...
https://media.caradvice.com.au/image/private/c_fill,q_auto,f_auto,w_800,ar_16:9/r4ihgx2sfmog2f5udqhj.jpg

https://media.caradvice.com.au/image/private/c_fill,q_auto,f_auto,w_728,h_410/tgbw7kscdj3wgvxpzxvn.jpg

https://media.caradvice.com.au/image/private/c_fill,q_auto,f_auto,w_728,h_410/ptpaat6yp1sft6yk7byx.jpg

https://media.caradvice.com.au/image/private/c_fill,q_auto,f_auto,w_728,h_410/behbh0wlkpavou1wtm4v.jpg

Alfa Romeo has released pricing and additional details about the lightweight, limited edition Giulia GTA, which costs upwards of $290,000 in Italy. The GTAm version meanwhile is priced from $300,000, taxes included.

As a scoop Papa Gallo will be releasing pictures of additional liveries available, buyers will be able to choose between multiple classic liveries for their Giulia GTA, or simply opt for red (Rosso GTA), white (Bianco Trofeo) or green (Verde Montreal) body paint.

pictures to follow ...

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
"The liveries are said to be modern interpretations of classic racing colours used on the original Alfa GTA. For example, you can spec your Giulia GTA with a yellow nose, such as the one that distinguished the 1971 European Touring Car Championship (ETCC) winner. You can also opt for an asymmetrical nose, like the one from the 1965-1968 Sprint GTA, or the symmetrical nose of the GTA 1300 Junior."

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
“Some of the most representative and evocative liveries include those in ochre and white and red and yellow. The ochre recalls the 1750 GTAm in which Toine Hezemans won the ETCC in 1970, while the Biscione on the bonnet and lines on its sides are a nod to the GTA 1300 Junior. The longitudinal stripes, meanwhile, were the aesthetic quirks of individual drivers.”

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
good news for Australia

Anthony Crawford, long term Aussie Alfa Romeo aficionado is on the case ... his new website Car Expert just ran an article on the GTA GTAm ... probably after reading this one he didnt want to miss out :)

How Alfa Romeo is bringing the GTA badge back to life - CarExpert

Lighter, louder, faster. The GTA and GTAm promise to be special, and Alfa Romeo Australia wants them.

Fiat Chrysler Australia says it wants the GTA and GTAm, and confirmed it’s working on getting right-hand drive supply to our market.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Nothing proves the law of diminishing returns more than this car. Pay 3 times what you can pick up a new QV for, for a car that may be 5% better? Would rather be looking at a near new McLaren or Lambo for that money.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
good news for Australia

Anthony Crawford, long term Aussie Alfa Romeo aficionado is on the case ... his new website Car Expert just ran an article on the GTA GTAm ... probably after reading this one he didnt want to miss out :)

How Alfa Romeo is bringing the GTA badge back to life - CarExpert

Lighter, louder, faster. The GTA and GTAm promise to be special, and Alfa Romeo Australia wants them.

Fiat Chrysler Australia says it wants the GTA and GTAm, and confirmed it’s working on getting right-hand drive supply to our market.
Just a small not important detail. The A is not short for Alleggrita (Italian for lightened) as Anthony says. It is short for Alleggerita !!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
i noticed that as well, he has been to Balocco and has done a couple of good reviews though, and he tries with the pronunciation

·
Registered
38 Posts
good news for Australia

That's good news I guess. At least it implies support of the brand in the Australian market. Surprising though given the poor sales and residual new old(2017, 2018 build) car stock numbers.

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
873 Posts
I shudder to think what the total on-road cost will be in Oz. Is the “luxury car tax” still a thing?

I’m with m&ms on this one. Diminishing returns indeed. I’d get a 4C coupe instead(were they still making em). IMHO

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
im happy with it being out of reach, it gives it quite an awe factor when it is finally seen on our streets ... you ...(well nobody here, i dare say) ...but those lucky bastards who will, will be buying prestige, exclusivity and ... performance ... as a limited edition

you cant measure that in how many corollas you can fit into the price, otherwise Ferrari would never sell a single unit,

im not griping because i cant afford it or whether it represents value to me or not, i know there will be many who do ... and, good luck to them, ... people will be buying them because they can LoL

AND ... when you put it in the same ballpark as a Maserati Gran Cambrio or a Gran Turismo ... i know which one i would rather have ...

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
you thinks really ? LOL Papa knows ...
its lighter faster more rigid, ... put it this way, i wouldnt put any money on it NOT blowing a Quadrofoglio out of the water

its called power to weight ... more power in a lighter car

1 - 20 of 97 Posts