Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Car and Driver has come to find that the "best" sports car on the market isn't the best, in fact it's a pain in the ass. Could the same fate befall the Giulia?

It's totally plausible skimming through C&D's observations:

• The suspension is "bone-jarring" even in the most comfortable setting
  • Carbon-ceramic brakes loose all feel when they get wet (there's a reason racers use steel in the rain)
  • The exahaust flaps and actuators have failed several times

Now granted none of this guarantees issues with the Giulia, but the similarities are staggering.

A super-stiff and screaming sports sedan offered with carbon-ceramic discs, and an actuated active aero kit. To us the parallels are similar.

However, where the Giulia may find favour is in the fact that Alfa went balls to the wall with the QV. The M3 suffers because not only is it not what it used to be, it's not even a great long range grand tourer.

Regardless, the demise of the M3 is only a good thing for Alfa Romeo...

·
Registered
244 Posts
Definitely second thoughts about the carbon brakes because the Giulia will be all but useless during the rainy season. As for the failing exhaust flaps and actuators, that may be an problem that plagues the M3 only.

Here's to hoping that Car and Driver performs a long term test on the Giulia QV too so they can figure out all the bugs before we have to do it ourselves.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Bone jarring suspension concerns me. I like having good performance suspension that lets you feel the road, but I at least want an option to make it softer.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Bone jarring suspension concerns me. I like having good performance suspension that lets you feel the road, but I at least want an option to make it softer.
problem with the M is that even in its softest setting it still tries to take your teeth out...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Even their 'M _ _ _ i' cars pack a punch. What the M235i brought to the table was impressive, don't think many people seen that coming.
Ok... but even the M235i is not a comfortable car to commute in...

Which is why i kinda wish the Giulia had magneric ride or something similar...

·
Registered
277 Posts
If "Alfa went balls to the wall with the QV" then we'll have nothing to worry about in regards to suspension.
Whats the point you're trying to make.

If they went balls to the wall with a race suspension we have PLENTY to worry about. Like your kidneys, your dental fillings and your tailbone...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts