Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doh! I just tripped across a video of cigar don Jeff Padron's very trick Ti, and it is nice!

The Vossen 19x9.5 forged rims are sweet with the low stance, but the sideskirts, QV front fascia, and particularly the yellow DRLs, are dope.

Vossen has video of it, and it looks so cool on the roll.

https://www.facebook.com/vossenwheels/videos/2126312894050972/

Reactions: Gian and chrisngrod

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
This car only goes straight....right ? And, no NY Potholes....right ?

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This car only goes straight....right ? And, no NY Potholes....right ?
It's all Miami sex appeal, baby!

Such a car would be beaten to bits within 2 years on Michigan roads (and weather), but I'd still love to push it if I didn't have to pay for it! It looks soooo gooood.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Doh! I just tripped across a video of cigar don Jeff Padron's very trick Ti, and it is nice!

The Vossen 19x9.5 forged rims are sweet with the low stance, but the sideskirts, QV front fascia, and particularly the yellow DRLs, are dope.

Vossen has video of it, and it looks so cool on the roll.

https://www.facebook.com/vossenwheels/videos/2126312894050972/

Im going to burst this bubble and just say that front bumper is original ti bumper with black vinyl to imitate vents lol

·
Registered
111 Posts
a bit too much for my tastes. Wheels are nice, like the carbon mirrors and V
thanks for sharing

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im going to burst this bubble and just say that front bumper is original ti bumper with black vinyl to imitate vents lol
Grrrr.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Nice I like it the wheels and stance are great not sure I got drive it like that everyday but it’s great to look at.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,723 Posts
a bit too much for my tastes. Wheels are nice, like the carbon mirrors and V
thanks for sharing
I certainly do not like the black roof (in Miami?!) or the lowered stance (impractical on real roads). I'm not sure what the point of the QV front fascia would be. A QV hood (possibly painted black) would be a better investment and add more to the looks as well.

I previously concluded that 19x9.5 wheels with 255 35r19 tires are the ideal size for a square setup Giulia, but could not find any for sale and ended up with 19x8.5. Vossen, like so many other wheel mfgs, does not specify the weight of the wheels they are producing, making it impossible to determine if they are worth the money. Of course wheels also need to not flex and not break; things that are difficult to quantify.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Love the look and the wheels in particular. The only part I dont like is the black vinyl shapes on the front to try to make it look like the QV fascia. Just looks a bit out of place. Also, I don't think it's a Ti. Based on the fact that it doesn't have the sport seats, it's probably a base sport model. Still cool, but does just feel a tiny bit like they're trying too hard with the front fascia.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Love the look and the wheels in particular. The only part I dont like is the black vinyl shapes on the front to try to make it look like the QV fascia. Just looks a bit out of place. Also, I don't think it's a Ti. Based on the fact that it doesn't have the sport seats, it's probably a base sport model. Still cool, but does just feel a tiny bit like they're trying too hard with the front fascia.
Ah, I didn’t notice the seats; good catch!

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport Q2
498 Posts
I truly don't think there is much that needs to be done on a TI sport. There was a time (when I was younger) that I felt that my car had to look different than what it was, but I got over that. i also got married, which stopped that part of buying pretty fast

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,723 Posts
you know giulia does come with dual pane glass roof ??
It is an option. The glass has been known to explode and shower the car with glass causing a great deal of paint damage; if you have one keep the interior screen closed.

How safe do you think such a car will be in a roll over?

My Audi, 4Runner and Protege all have sunroofs. The Protege's sunroof has not been opened in so long that I expect that the glass has bonded to the rubber seals. My Crosstrek and Giulia do not have sunroofs and that is my choice.

A study (which I quoted in the forums a while back) shows that dark colored cars get about 10F hotter in the sun than light colored cars. I do not need or want said extra heat and the interior of the car doesn't want it either. I do not want exploding glass or compromised roof integrity. I do not want leaks in my roof by accident or old age. I do not want the extra weight or extra parts that will eventually break down. I do not want the intrusion into the interior space. I suspect that cars with sunroofs are noisier inside.

Anyway, it is not obvious from the pictures that said car has the sunroof; it looks like paint to me.

·
Registered
876 Posts
It is an option. The glass has been known to explode and shower the car with glass causing a great deal of paint damage; if you have one keep the interior screen closed.

How safe do you think such a car will be in a roll over?

My Audi, 4Runner and Protege all have sunroofs. The Protege's sunroof has not been opened in so long that I expect that the glass has bonded to the rubber seals. My Crosstrek and Giulia do not have sunroofs and that is my choice.

A study (which I quoted in the forums a while back) shows that dark colored cars get about 10F hotter in the sun than light colored cars. I do not need or want said extra heat and the interior of the car doesn't want it either. I do not want exploding glass or compromised roof integrity. I do not want leaks in my roof by accident or old age. I do not want the extra weight or extra parts that will eventually break down. I do not want the intrusion into the interior space. I suspect that cars with sunroofs are noisier inside.

Anyway, it is not obvious from the pictures that said car has the sunroof; it looks like paint to me.
lol you are bogus and unreasonable, i love my glass roof, car looks amazing,
lmao never heard of a car wich had exploding glass roof, yeah rollover will probably shatter the roof, but good luck trying to roll a lowered giulia, they are planted on the road.

Reactions: Callisto

·
Banned
219 Posts
Not a fan of it. I think the dark 5 hole wheels look better. And, I firmly believe that all Italian race and sports cars should be RED. I, believe there was a Papal Edict about it.

Reactions: Callisto

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Any car in a rollover is totaled anyway., so I don’t see whypaint damage would be an issue.

Weight savings and headroom are two valid reasons to avoid sunroofs, as is oppressively hot sunshine.

I have a 30 year old Porsche with a sunroof which functions fine, so I don’t see reliability over the long term as a valid concern.

But anyway, this thread is about how sweet the car looks, and I think the black glass roof looks cool!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Any car in a rollover is totaled anyway., so I don’t see whypaint damage would be an issue.

Weight savings and headroom are two valid reasons to avoid sunroofs, as is oppressively hot sunshine.

I have a 30 year old Porsche with a sunroof which functions fine, so I don’t see reliability over the long term as a valid concern.

But anyway, this thread is about how sweet the car looks, and I think the black glass roof looks cool!
if not a secred what kind of Porsche ?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts