Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a 6 month wait, I picked up my Quad yesterday from the fine folks at Alfa of SF (Cars Dawydiak). My sales person, Brian Flippo (gets my highest recommendation) had the car ready to go when I arrived. My wife, who was skeptical about the purchase of another car, oooh'd and aaaww'd about the Q, and said we had to get it...(go figure). My son loved it. Brian and my Fam went for a test drive (SF is one of the worst places to test drive a sports car...). We made it back without incident and we wrapped up the paperwork quickly and with an absolute minimum of hassle (yeah!).

Took it for a long drive in west Marin, and truly enjoyed the car. I have been lucky enough to have many outstanding cars, and this one is special in its own unique way. The turn in and front end feel is excellent - CCB brakes take almost no effort and seem endlessly powerful with good feel - the car is sneaky fast and can go at very high speeds on a windy road with very little effort. The Sparko seats have me locked in place in the corners, and the shifters are nicely mechanical, and shift pretty quickly in Race mode.... Love the suspension adjustability, which has meaningful differences in damping between settings. The interior is very attractive and functions well, (but for the cup holders...), but I didn't buy the car for the cup holders. The stereo sounds ok, but I didn't use it when I was driving the car, as I was enjoying the sound of the engine with the exhaust open and the crack between up-shifts....

I sold my last Alfa ('79 Spider) when my son was born...that was 21 years ago (son's birthday was Sept 12th). I always said that if Alfa came back to the US, with a significant car, I was going to buy one. I have worried about the reliability issues, and the minimal dealer network, and would they last in America, and I fretted about adding another fast car to the stable, but I am very impressed with this car! I hope that, as my daily driver, I will be just as happy with it 5 years from now. Only time will tell, but what a thrill to have an Alfa again!

tim

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
It sounds like things are going well for you ...... but they just got
IMMENSELY BETTER !!!!!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Congratulations!
Is this a 2017? I'm wondering why if the last 2017 was produced around July 5th as @MacGeek says, did it take more than 2 months for it to be shipped.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Congratulations!
Is this a 2017? I'm wondering why if the last 2017 was produced around July 5th as @MacGeek says, did it take more than 2 months for it to be shipped.
My car that's coming is a 2017 with a PSP the 2nd week of May. It's not here yet. So, that's 4 months. It arrived in the US 7/28. It's been sat in Jacksonville since, but apparently has been handed off to the transport company.

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
693 Posts
My car that's coming is a 2017 with a PSP the 2nd week of May. It's not here yet. So, that's 4 months. It arrived in the US 7/28. It's been sat in Jacksonville since, but apparently has been handed off to the transport company.
Eek. That must be frustrating.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
After a 6 month wait, I picked up my Quad yesterday from the fine folks at Alfa of SF (Cars Dawydiak). My sales person, Brian Flippo (gets my highest recommendation) had the car ready to go when I arrived. My wife, who was skeptical about the purchase of another car, oooh'd and aaaww'd about the Q, and said we had to get it...(go figure). My son loved it. Brian and my Fam went for a test drive (SF is one of the worst places to test drive a sports car...). We made it back without incident and we wrapped up the paperwork quickly and with an absolute minimum of hassle (yeah!).

Took it for a long drive in west Marin, and truly enjoyed the car. I have been lucky enough to have many outstanding cars, and this one is special in its own unique way. The turn in and front end feel is excellent - CCB brakes take almost no effort and seem endlessly powerful with good feel - the car is sneaky fast and can go at very high speeds on a windy road with very little effort. The Sparko seats have me locked in place in the corners, and the shifters are nicely mechanical, and shift pretty quickly in Race mode.... Love the suspension adjustability, which has meaningful differences in damping between settings. The interior is very attractive and functions well, (but for the cup holders...), but I didn't buy the car for the cup holders. The stereo sounds ok, but I didn't use it when I was driving the car, as I was enjoying the sound of the engine with the exhaust open and the crack between up-shifts....

I sold my last Alfa ('79 Spider) when my son was born...that was 21 years ago (son's birthday was Sept 12th). I always said that if Alfa came back to the US, with a significant car, I was going to buy one. I have worried about the reliability issues, and the minimal dealer network, and would they last in America, and I fretted about adding another fast car to the stable, but I am very impressed with this car! I hope that, as my daily driver, I will be just as happy with it 5 years from now. Only time will tell, but what a thrill to have an Alfa again!

tim
Congratulations!
MY2017 or MY2018?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
My Quad is a 2017. Headed out for another drive this morning...Go Alfa Go!
Have you verified the maximum speed?:surprise:

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I'm sure !!!! I was on Northern Blvd in Roslyn on the Viaduct with absolutely no traffic (a two lane small span bridge which consists of a 2,200-foot long viaduct with 2,775-foot approach roadway, ramps, and interchanges) and I was amazed at how effortlessly 125 MPH happened....:grin2:

Reactions: alfa55

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I'm sure !!!! I was on Northern Blvd in Roslyn on the Viaduct with absolutely no traffic (a two lane small span bridge which consists of a 2,200-foot long viaduct with 2,775-foot approach roadway, ramps, and interchanges) and I was amazed at how effortlessly 125 MPH happened....:grin2:
Test driving the Ti 2.0 in June, I reached 130 on the PA Turnpike, still pulling with plenty more to go, it seemed. It was stable and quiet and a joy to drive at 100+ mph.
The good news: Will, at AR Customer Care, informed me yesterday that my MY18 Ti Lusso arrived in Baltimore on the 16th. He stated that it would be delivered to my (PA) Dealership this week.
The bad news: After calling my sales rep, the Dealership Sales Manager emailed, and repeated to me, that the Regional Sales Manager reiterated to her, on Friday, that all MY18 Giulias will be held until (some time in) October before they are delivered to the Dealerships.
And the wait continues.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Woah, do you mean Jacksonville, FL including the Hurricane? Hope it was safe.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Woah, do you mean Jacksonville, FL including the Hurricane? Hope it was safe.
No one has told me that it has been destroyed.... So my only assumption is that it is okay. Only time will tell if it does show up. I've been told it's been handed off to the delivery company....... But I didn't sense much confidence when I was told that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.