Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems there is a bit of frustration on the boards right now in terms of gremlins, availability, lease costs, dealer network, etc. No doubt that these are real issues - I had the "stall after fill-up" issue hit me. All that said, after two months and 2300 miles, and never owning an Alfa before I have a smile on my face every time I see my car, or take it for a drive.

How cool is it to have a new (leading) entry in the sport sedan market? Talk about a breath of fresh air! I had an A4 in the past, and my wife has a MB, and neither of these cars gave/give me the enjoyment of my Giulia! My wife just laughs seeing me order an Alfa plate holder and red key fob..our 7 year old son has his hot wheels, and dad has his Giulia.

How cool is it that the Stelvio will push the crossover market forward in terms of style and performance? The FPace is a great looking car and was a left hook to the Q5 and X3. Now the right cross will come from the Stelvio.

How cool is it the QV is a "Ferrari in a sport sedan's body"? You QV owners - the way you describe your cars, and now that I've had just a test of the Alfa soul, I think I get it. Obviously the car moves you - I think Tadslc hasn't quit smiling since his QV landed and has lit up all of Alabama.

enough preaching - just trying to say that Alfa is knocking it out of the park design and performance wise with the QV, Ti/Base, and Stelvio. The teething and growing pains can certainly be frustrating, but that's the tradeoff for being part of the renaissance (had to through something Italian in there). I for one am keeping the faith.. It's easy to get caught up in the frustrations of an inexperienced dealer network, non-existent online tools for tracking and service updates, etc. But all that just washes away when I give it a little push and effortlessly go from 60 to 85, or rip around a corner - man I feel like I can steer this car with my index finger!

Ok, finally sunny in Seattle - kids and wife are away at Grandma's so I'm going to head out towards the Cascade foothills and have some drive therapy. Best to all.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I drove German cars for last 25 years, from 740, A6, S6 and S4.....must say I have not felt so excited everytime I seat in the car for very long time despite all the niggles and small quirks....giulia just puts smile on my face every single time, would love to have QV but instead thought loaded TI AwD Lusso will make more sense....I find myself again just going for destinationless drives on curvy roads...**** even my Aprilia is jealous (ok a lot of that has to do with weather lately:) Bravo Alfa, you made a real one again, together with all mandatory italian quirks!! Love ya

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I equate the fun factor of the QV that I briefly test drove (grazie MDriver!) to my 911S.....
that's a huge compliment to a sport sedan, none of the other German sedan brands come close.....
Can't wait to have my own Q.....

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I thought the Holy Trinity was sedano, cipolla e` carota?...whoops..sorry that's La Trinita for Tomato Sauce...:grin2:
Now you are talking Professore!:laugh:

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Si! Con gusto. Epic hop at about 1:35 in the video. Magnificent! :D

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
In all honesty, just about anybody can do that kind of that snow drifting with AWD.......
Achieving that in RWD vehicle or even better a high HP car like a Q ......now that is impressive and very rewarding.......

Reactions: Papa Gallo

·
Registered
420 Posts
I guess we can put this into the category of "misery loves company"...
In case you missed it, today's WSJ has an article about how the tech in most new cars is crazy buggy.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/help-my-fancy-new-car-wont-stop-beeping-1494427120
I have a MB with the P3 package which means it is loaded with stuff. I do not find it to be buggy, but it does do some things that you need to be prepared for. This is why it is even more important these days to RTFM.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,723 Posts
In the snow-video it sure looks to me like the Ghibli and Giulia are having control problems in the straights. Reference from about 0:55 to 1:15. Ghibli even hits the bank hard once (if that was "Sierra Cement" there would have been some serious damage). Are these vehicles really usable for driving 50+ miles in chain control areas?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts