Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
They want volume and bringing out a coupe could help in getting them the volume they want through tapping into a lucrative segment. Maybe it will be their next move?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Found another shot of the giulia coupe with a bit of the bumper.

Looks like the only change was removing the back doors. Still gorgeous and if it's spacious enough and more powerful than the current Giulia then they should be able to sell quite a few.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'd totally support this, and I imagine that it wouldn't be too tough to do since its really just a variant. It could definitely compete with some of the German models out there.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Found another shot of the giulia coupe with a bit of the bumper.

Looks like the only change was removing the back doors. Still gorgeous and if it's spacious enough and more powerful than the current Giulia then they should be able to sell quite a few.
That design is much more like it but what they'll need to do is include a lower roof line, once they do that and blend it into the rear... it'll look much better.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And that's just BMW. I bet looking at the market as a whole and seeing what sort of volume it can get, will make the future for this coupe seem brighter.
Indeed, just Merc rolls C class coupe sales in with the sedan. Audi sells less then 20,000 A5's annually

·
Registered
288 Posts
Alfa doesn't need to sell as much as the Germans though. I am curious what number they would have to expect to sell in order to make this something that is worth doing. And how many of those sales would just be sales that are stolen from people who would have bought the sedan instead.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Not sure what targets could be like but one thing that might be for sure is us getting a look at the official target sometime around the first year of launch.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Maybe something along the lines of a 6 series coupe, that segment seems to be growing at a rate resonable for the type of vehicle it is.
The 6-Series Coupe just doesn't appeal that much to me. It seems like a very long car. A body style that feel more like it is from the 90s. I like them to be a bit more compact, personally.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts