Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
141 - 160 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,003 Posts
I think it's just a slogan though. I don't think they are actually renaming the company

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Great news from that article. Only targeting over 40 percent in the US to be low emission vehicle (LEV) by 2030. So, the targets are always missed and we will have at least 8 more years of 100% ICE's and probably other 20 years or more with 60% of ICE's. In regards to the supposed re-names, I doubt the new brands will be “Heating Up People, But Not the Planet”, “Clean Technology for a New Generation of Families”, “Tear Up the Streets… Not the Planet”, “It’s Only Green When It’s Green for All”, etc. They are simple slogans to be added to the marketing campaigns and advertising, which Alfa Romeo has none. We will continue to see the " La Meccanica Delle Emozioni" for a while.

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Great news from that article. Only targeting over 40 percent in the US to be low emission vehicle (LEV) by 2030. So, the targets are always missed and we will have at least 8 more years of 100% ICE's and probably other 20 years or more with 60% of ICE's. In regards to the supposed re-names, I doubt the new brands will be “Heating Up People, But Not the Planet”, “Clean Technology for a New Generation of Families”, “Tear Up the Streets… Not the Planet”, “It’s Only Green When It’s Green for All”, etc. They are simple slogans to be added to the marketing campaigns and advertising, which Alfa Romeo has none. We will continue to see the " La Meccanica Delle Emozioni" for a while.
Regarding 40% in the US by 2030..... that probably applies across all brands Stellantis offers in N.America, including Dodge, Chrysler & Jeep.

“From 2024, Alfa Becomes Alfa e-Romeo” - Stellantis

The date isn't part of the slogan; it's a deadline. IMHO

·
Registered
106 Posts
Regarding 40% in the US by 2030..... that probably applies across all brands Stellantis offers in N.America, including Dodge, Chrysler & Jeep.

“From 2024, Alfa Becomes Alfa e-Romeo” - Stellantis

The date isn't part of the slogan; it's a deadline. IMHO
Well, it is part of the slogan, as none of the other brands have a year in their tag line.

I agree it is saying MY2025 will be EV. That doesn't mean they won't continue to sell ICE, but they won't be investing in development. So, maybe soldier on for a few more years with old tech.

Don't forget all 14 brands have ten years to prove their business case or else Tavares is going to exit the brand. So, AR has until 2031...or until Tavares is replaced haha.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Have you guys seen all the other Stellantis tag lines they released the other day? Some of them are pretty hillarious/sad. Twitter was having a field day with them.

• "Heating Up People, But Not the Planet" ...
  • "From 2024, Alfa Romeo Becomes Alfa e-Romeo" ...
  • "Clean Technology for a New Generation of Families" ...
  • "Citroën Electric: Well-Being for All" ...
  • "Tear Up the Streets...Not the Planet!" ...
  • "The Art of Travel, Magnified"

·
Registered
9 Posts
The 4C is a future classic, precisely because of what it is, including imperfections and compromises IMHO. (And i for one will regret never getting one).

Lotus Emira… i wonder how many SUVs Lotus had to sell to justify making a real sports car that will cost under $100k(Apparently thats the logic these days). And look at that… ICE engines(V6 and I4). Supposedly, in 2021, companies had to “electrify or die”.

I am grateful that Lotus is doing what it does, and i suspect the Alfa MC-20 might have been a competitor, before it got handed over to Maserati(thanks Manly!/s).

Cheers

PS> It frustrates me to no end that Fiat and Maserati offer 2-door automobiles, and Alfa f-in Romeo can’t. sigh
The Emira is absolutely gorgeous!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I actually see a huge uptick in Giulia & Stelvio consumption around the area I live in (Morris county, NJ). I'm sure it extends to at least some or more surrounding counties. It used to be a game between my daughters & I at spotting Alfa. Now it's like you see a handful everyday. I told my kids, as always, we rode the wave ahead of the wave. Move on.

I had a 24x30 lease that ended last day of April. I strongly believe I'll be either leasing, or likely buying in the next year.
here in Middlesex County in NJ, Alfa's are still very few and far between.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
6,927 Posts
here in Middlesex County in NJ, Alfa's are still very few and far between.
There were three Giulias (including mine) at the local supermarket on Sunday.

Reactions: Avnyc11

·
Registered
75 Posts
Have you guys seen all the other Stellantis tag lines they released the other day? Some of them are pretty hillarious/sad. Twitter was having a field day with them.

• "Heating Up People, But Not the Planet" ...
  • "From 2024, Alfa Romeo Becomes Alfa e-Romeo" ...
  • "Clean Technology for a New Generation of Families" ...
  • "Citroën Electric: Well-Being for All" ...
  • "Tear Up the Streets...Not the Planet!" ...
  • "The Art of Travel, Magnified"
All these corny virtue-signaling taglines just turn me off from owning an EV more than I already am.

·
Registered
106 Posts
All these corny virtue-signaling taglines just turn me off from owning an EV more than I already am.
Ignore the tag lines, and your concerns, just go drive a Tesla. You won't be disappointed.

Trust me... V

·
Registered
451 Posts
Agreed. Anybody who believes those taglines amounts to anything more than marketing bs are sorely lacking in real world intelligence.

Reactions: kevinpg

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
The interiors are more disappointing than Alfas.
Ignore the tag lines, and your concerns, just go drive a Tesla. You won't be disappointed.

Trust me... V

Reactions: Emozine

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
How do I get a vest and was it mailed with their invites? 😂

Has anything official been released about the production Tonale? Any specs, or pre-production models driving around?
I wonder what “Guest” means in Italian?

Not that I’ve seen.

Reactions: kshitishsoman
141 - 160 of 195 Posts