Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
I've had my alfa going on two years... with all the quirks, and silly things that fail. I would never suggest someone get this vehicle. Personally, the car is still great for my situation, IE. not a daily driver, and wanting something that is fun. Past that, these cars are turds.
Must be just your specific car that is a turd.
I’ve had mine as a daily driver for almost 4 years. Only a few minor issues that were easily addressed.
Way more reliable than my previous Audi A4. And 10,000 percent more fun.
I recommend Alfa to people all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
237 Posts
Must be just your specific car that is a turd.
I’ve had mine as a daily driver for almost 4 years. Only a few minor issues that were easily addressed.
Way more reliable than my previous Audi A4. And 10,000 percent more fun.
I recommend Alfa to people all the time.

Thankfully no one takes your advice 🤣

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
6,731 Posts
I've had my alfa going on two years... with all the quirks, and silly things that fail. I would never suggest someone get this vehicle. Personally, the car is still great for my situation, IE. not a daily driver, and wanting something that is fun. Past that, these cars are turds.
So what's your daily driver, Sampson? Mine is my Giulia, and I'm very happy to have a fun car in that role.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
That wasn't nice. Do you want people to think you're a turd along with your car?
It’s all good—Sampson’s been hitting that 420. He daily drives a Chevy Malibu and has hallucinations that it’s an Alfa

·
Banned
237 Posts
So what's your daily driver, Sampson? Mine is my Giulia, and I'm very happy to have a fun car in that role.
Work supplied F150

That wasn't nice. Do you want people to think you're a turd along with your car?
whatever buddy, it "must" be my specific car... people on this forum have blinders. Maybe if Alfa fan boys gave real constructive feedback... They wouldn't have a platform they are already abandoning. This car is not good enough to compete.

·
Banned
237 Posts
It’s all good—Sampson’s been hitting that 420. He daily drives a Chevy Malibu and has hallucinations that it’s an Alfa

Yup, weed makes you hallucinate... makes you dumber than a rock. All accurate :)

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
It’s all good—Sampson’s been hitting that 420. He daily drives a Chevy Malibu and has hallucinations that it’s an Alfa For a moment I thought you were going to label him a troll.
Work supplied F150

whatever buddy, it "must" be my specific car... people on this forum have blinders. Maybe if Alfa fan boys gave real constructive feedback... They wouldn't have a platform they are already abandoning. This car is not good enough to compete.
How are you enjoying that F150? I can't see myself shepherding a beast like that except when I really need its load-carrying capability.

I'm no fanboy, and "buddy" is what I call my dog. My eyes are wide open. My Giulia got towed and has its battery replaced.
It's still the best daily driver I've ever had (so highly competitive), and the likelihood of my leasing a third one is very high.
Oh, and "abandoned" is an overstatement.

Reactions: Ajax240k

·
Banned
237 Posts
How are you enjoying that F150? I can't see myself shepherding a beast like that except when I really need its load-carrying capability.

I'm no fanboy, and "buddy" is what I call my dog. My eyes are wide open. My Giulia got towed and has its battery replaced.
It's still the best daily driver I've ever had (so highly competitive), and the likelihood of my leasing a third one is very high.
Oh, and "abandoned" is an overstatement.
My bad, I call everyone buddy... no ill intent. When I mentioned "fanboys" I also didn't necessarily mean you... I'm not familiar with your posts.

In regards to my F150... I love it. I also love my Giulia, I just don't think it's a great vehicle. If I drove 2-3 hours a day into the city, I'd much prefer a BMW or a Kia... Yes they are boring, but they are no doubt better driving vehicles.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
My bad, I call everyone buddy... no ill intent. When I mentioned "fanboys" I also didn't necessarily mean you... I'm not familiar with your posts.

In regards to my F150... I love it. I also love my Giulia, I just don't think it's a great vehicle. If I drove 2-3 hours a day into the city, I'd much prefer a BMW or a Kia... Yes they are boring, but they are much better driving cars.
Yeah, I'm new here.

We all have our own definition of a good-driving car. Before COVID I had a fairly short commute (now it's really short) and on nice days would be taking my Spider. That car would be punishing for a long and time-wasting daily commute (especially on interstates). In my opinion 2-3 hours is right in the Giulia's sweet spot. My 2017 took me through some of the toughest winter driving I've done and handled it like a champ.

Would you love your F150 as much if you had paid for it yourself? BMW probably loves being mentioned in the same sentence as Kia. I've had both as rentals. That's enough for me.

Reactions: Ajax240k

·
Banned
237 Posts
Yeah, I'm new here.

We all have our own definition of a good-driving car. Before COVID I had a fairly short commute (now it's really short) and on nice days would be taking my Spider. That car would be punishing for a long and time-wasting daily commute (especially on interstates). In my opinion 2-3 hours is right in the Giulia's sweet spot. My 2017 took me through some of the toughest winter driving I've done and handled it like a champ.

Would you love your F150 as much if you had paid for it yourself? BMW probably loves being mentioned in the same sentence as Kia. I've had both as rentals. That's enough for me.
I literally don’t give two shits about your life sucking 6700 posts lol. I’ve owned a 97 lariat, and 2005 fx4… so yes, I’ve liked my F150(s). Keep phishing for a valid point buddy ;).

I also loved my fx45, maxima se, and 550i before the Alfa. So it’s safe to say I have more experience than you, I wouldn’t post about a brand as a whole from a rental car experience… that would be ignorant.

I agree the Giulia is a absolute gem in the snow, it’s also one of most enjoyable cars I’ve ever driven in the rain.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Oh good, another internet argument on this site. Time to unfollow this thread as there is no longer anything of value to see here. Sheesh.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Reactions: Giuliano

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
3,682 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Watch autoline after hours next Thursday to see the Alfa Romeo America lead, Larry Dominique. Send in topics and questions to autoline viewer mail so John can ask.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Watch autoline after hours next Thursday to see the Alfa Romeo America lead, Larry Dominique. Send in topics and questions to autoline viewer mail so John can ask.

Ask if they're hiring?

61 - 79 of 79 Posts