Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Continuing with the Alfa Romeo mood, somewhere.

an interview with J.P. Imparato

Spirit, History, Passion.
Rationale.
A 5yr Plan already and 2026 - 2030 in the works.
Preparing the Alfa Romeo of the next 50 years.
Alfa Romeo Electric
Regularity and Discipline in the launches.
Keep the performance of the Quadrifoglio.
Giulia is and will be alive, unless unknown and unforeseen homologation barriers.
406 GTA/GTAm already contracted vs and 500 will be sold for sure.

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
We know, for instance that it will ride on the Peugeot-Citroën eCMP platform Alfa Romeo gained access to when PSA merged with FCA to form Stellantis. This is the same platform already used on a stack of small front-wheel drive hatchbacks and SUVs including the Peugeot 208 and 2008, DS 3 Crossback and Opel Corsa and Mokka, and would give the Alfa a wheelbase of around 2600 mm (102.3 inches).
Source: 2022 Alfa Romeo Palade: Here’s Everything We Know About The Stylish Electric Baby SUV | Carscoops

sigh

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
3,682 Posts
Reactions: hownowcb

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,776 Posts
Wow, I mind the news, especially since it's from f(*&ing carscoops.

Disregard that article completely. They are guessing that there is another smaller SUV, but the Tonale is already smaller than the small Stelvio, so that would just be stupid. The Tonale is set for 2022 launch, and it was delayed until then in order to electrify it, and we don't know what that looks like yet.

Edit: Oh, and how do they know it's styling when it doesn't even exist. They guessed at a name, and are guessing at everything else.

Reactions: Chipshot

·
Registered
408 Posts
Wow, I mind the news, especially since it's from f(*&ing carscoops.

Disregard that article completely. They are guessing that there is another smaller SUV, but the Tonale is already smaller than the small Stelvio, so that would just be stupid. The Tonale is set for 2022 launch, and it was delayed until then in order to electrify it, and we don't know what that looks like yet.

Edit: Oh, and how do they know it's styling when it doesn't even exist. They guessed at a name, and are guessing at everything else.
I agree that there are a lot of speculations in that article, including the name and the looks, but the smaller SUV below Tonale was actually confirmed by other reputable publications as well . I believe Alfa has also hinted it and they are currently already building the factory in Poland which is supposed to manufacture the future vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,776 Posts
I agree that there are a lot of speculations in that article, including the name and the looks, but the smaller SUV below Tonale was actually confirmed by other reputable publications as well . I believe Alfa has also hinted it and they are currently already building the factory in Poland which is supposed to manufacture the future vehicle.
Really? Strange. Ok, if they go smaller it's going to be a hatchback more than a CUV/SUV.

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 · (Edited)
STLA Platform VersionCar SegmentRelease Date
STLA SmallA B & C2026
STLA MediumC & D2023
STLA LargeD & E2023
STLA FrameE & F (SUVs and pickup trucks only)2024

The arrival of the STLA platforms will mark the end of Alfa Romeo’s Giorgio platform that underpins the Alfa Romeo Giulia and Stelvio D-segment models. “We are working on the Large platform of Stellantis, and we will no longer use the Giorgio,” Jean-Philippe Imparato, CEO, Alfa Romeo, said last month, as per a report from Forbes. The multi-billion-euro rear-wheel-drive platform doesn’t support electrification, which is probably the reason for the phase-out after a short life and just two models.
Stellantis will announce new details about its electric vehicle strategy on the Stellantis Electrification Day scheduled on July 8 and perhaps show a couple of teasers.
Source: Everything we know on Stellantis’ STLA ('Stella') platform(electricvehicleweb.in)

According to that article, they will go public with their strategy on July 8. They might be referring to the old Forbes article from a few months ago.

Note: Never heard about that site before; it came up when searching for STLA platforms.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I read today that the Tonale is going to be at the dealerships in a year from now, on 06/04/2022. Production starts in Poland in early March 2022. Interesting the new Logo, showing that electrification is a fact.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I read today that the Tonale is going to be at the dealerships in a year from now, on 06/04/2022. Production starts in Poland in early March 2022. Interesting the new Logo, showing that electrification is a fact.

View attachment 111957
That's an absolutely brilliant spin of the biscione. But sadly I can see AR corporate completely miss the opportunity to build a marketing campaign around that.

Reactions: Chipshot

·
Registered
479 Posts
Marketing absolutely has to improve in the next decade if Stellantis wants Alfa Romeo to remain a relevant brand.

Those cool little online commercials where random dudes were "advertising" for Merc/BMW/Audi only to be secretly pining for an Alfa Romeo were low-budget but brilliant ads. I'm surprised they never took that theme "mainstream" to make some cool T.V. ads.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Up here in the frozen north, AR has been running ads on F1 broadcasts, but the ads themselves are rather generic, boring, unimaginative, forgettable...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'll admit one thing that bothers me is how despite my car feeling so special, very few people know what Alfa Romeo is. "Exclusivity" applies to brands that everybody knows but few possess. However the problem with Alfa is that very few people know what it is to begin with.

Alfa did some marketing on this car when it first launched, but it's basically been years now since I've seen an Alfa commercial on TV or Youtube. And aside from that one direct-to-Netflix movie, they've been absent from Hollywood as well. I can't understand why they don't invest more into marketing. Your brand isn't going to have a cool/trendy image amongst the public if they've never even heard of it.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Alfa Romeo shows exclusivity, even if people don't know the brand or even if its marketing sucks.
ex·clu·siv·i·ty
1. The practice of excluding or not admitting other things.
2. Restriction to a particular person, group, or area.
3. The quality or state of being exclusive.
4. The quality of being limited to people of wealth or high social class.
5. In a way limited to a single person, group, category, method, etc.

·
Banned
237 Posts
I've had my alfa going on two years... with all the quirks, and silly things that fail. I would never suggest someone get this vehicle. Personally, the car is still great for my situation, IE. not a daily driver, and wanting something that is fun. Past that, these cars are turds.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts