Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
I chose Montecarlo Blue because I've had many silver and black cars and it was time for a change. This shade of dark blue really caught my eye. I like the way it changes in the sunlight and how it sparkles. I am also a Penn State alum so I wanted to go for a dark blue car this time around for that reason, too. I know, I agree that Italian sports cars are supposed to be red (my Spider was), but I think there are many colors in which this sports sedan looks good. BTW, Vesuvio Grey would've been my second choice.

Reactions: alfapride

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
I can share the pain!

Whatever you pick you will second guess yourself until he/she arrives! With that in mind try to go the practical route since i'm assuming you have more than 2 favorites. What's easier to maintain? Perhaps a color you never had?

I picked trofeo white because her angles showed best :) But i really like the darker gray.

The reds are sexy but i see me getting bored.

Reactions: Chicago

·
Registered
64 Posts
picking colors -

Stories anyone? I am going crazy.
I totally hear your frustration, especially since the local dealers will only have a few odd cars on the lot - all with black interior, it seems. Plus, the Alfa website does a lousy job imaging really what the different color combo's look like, too. (compared to Range Rover)

My first choice was Vulcano black metallic with the red interior, then onto the Vesuvio grey metallic with the tan interior, finally decided on the Stromboli grey metallic with light beige interior due to the soaring heat/sun we have around here most of the year. My heart was with the black exterior but I'm tired of keeping my current black car clean. And, by ordering another one that would have been the 6th straight black car in a row for me. Enough.

So I went ahead and ordered a $50k car without knowing what the color exterior/interior combo will really look like. Not smart, but since I ordered it without a deposit, I'll walk if I don't like it ...

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Haha, my condolences Sal! Here is my take. I love the history and symbolism in cars and design. A Ferrari should be red (your first one at least ;) ) A British car should be British Racing Green. A French car, Blue, like Bugatti. A Mercedes, Silver, like the Silver Arrows. At least in your most passionate and deeply invested car. A runabout or beater can be anything, but for me, I put a lot into my cars and try to get the mot out of them.

I love Marino blue but this is my first Alfa. I am half Italian and again , the history and symbolism are there. Now here is where it gets tough. Rosso Alfa is a solid bright red, very similar to Rosso Corsa fro Ferrari. But Alfa's are traditionally a little darker. So you see Rosso Competizione tri-coat flops a little more as a metallic band has darker shadows and brighter highlights. Beautiful color. I also want to FINALLY get an Italian car with yellow calipers. Red body color of course but POW, the "Giallo" yellow pops perfectly. It's even better on a Ferrari since the Modena Yellow is on the Scuderia Shield, but Alfa was the mother of Ferrari and many Alfas bore the Scuderia shield (Enzos cars) as well as the Sivocci Quadrifoglio...AFAIK. So I suggest Red :D Now if you don't anticipate owning a Ferrari, go ahead and get Rosso Alfa with yellow calipers. Awesome combo. Cheaper than tri-coat. But if you like metallics than go for the tri-coat. Marino or Monte Carlo blue as second. White maybe 3rd. Stombolli puke gray? Come on man, not unless you are a bad boy tuner and put straight pipes on it or something. I saw a 458 with stomboli gray a couple years back at New England auto show. Puke for no good reason. ;) Tell us what you are thinkng.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I chose Montecarlo Blue because I've had many silver and black cars and it was time for a change. This shade of dark blue really caught my eye. I like the way it changes in the sunlight and how it sparkles. I am also a Penn State alum so I wanted to go for a dark blue car this time around for that reason, too. I know, I agree that Italian sports cars are supposed to be red (my Spider was), but I think there are many colors in which this sports sedan looks good. BTW, Vesuvio Grey would've been my second choice.
Go State! Born and raised there my friend. BA Music History, 1991. Car guy blood comes from my dad who was an engineering professor there for 35 years. He follows all our car stories. ;) He introduced me to the passion as a kid riding on the arm rest of his old 1959 MGA.

Reactions: Alfa in Vegas

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Color Choice

Hmmmmm....let's see.....Alfa.....Color......Hmmmmmm

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
I got to test drive a Quad in Trofeo White the other day. That color sure is beautiful in the sunlight. However, I already have a white Mustang, so I wanted something different. I was also a big fan of the Montecarlo Blue. Black is always pretty, but so hard to keep clean. And grays look good on plenty of cars, but I just don't dig it on the Giulia. The reds are solid choices as well. But, in the end for me, I couldn't resist ordering a Misano Blue even without seeing it (Actually I saw it on a Stelvio at Geneva in March, but didn't know it at the time, so I wasn't paying enough attention, and it was surrounded by too many people). I can't find a picture on the internet of that color where I don't like it. I know monitors can be pretty deceiving at times, but I would've thought I could find at least a couple pictures where it didn't look so good. So I'm banking on it being as beautiful as I think it's going to be.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I didn't want another red car since I already had that color in my stable. Montecarlo Blue is what I ordered, but I ended up buying a white QV since I really like how the dark 5-hole wheels and carbon fiber bits contrast against the paint.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,776 Posts
Originally wanted red with tan interior.
Happily driving white with red interior.
Had to be flexible and glad I was.

Reactions: Theo

·
Registered
473 Posts
I agonized over the color of my QV. It started out as blue, but I ended up changing it to Alfa Red. I'm glad I made the switch. I never thought of myself driving an intense red car, but I really like it a lot. And as an added bonus, Alfa Red does not have an up charge. And I'm glad I didn't get the compitizone red because it will sometimes have a golden hue that I personally do not like.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Go State! Born and raised there my friend. BA Music History, 1991. Car guy blood comes from my dad who was an engineering professor there for 35 years. He follows all our car stories. ;) He introduced me to the passion as a kid riding on the arm rest of his old 1959 MGA.
I graduated in '88, so we would've overlapped for a bit at University Park. Great music school. And my Penn State Alumni license plate frame looks great on the blue car!

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
138 Posts
I was going to go with the grey, with red interior but then they wheeled a red one in with a light interior, and then I said to myself, it's a italian sports car what other color should it be. Good luck

·
Registered
41 Posts
The choice of color is a very personal thing. Personally, I think it is a no-brainer :grin2:

I think the Monte Carlo blue looks great from any angle and I like the way the color changes with how the light falls on it. Love it with the tobacco interior too.

Just my personal opinion :smile2:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I really like my Vulcano Black. At first I was really concerned that the red interior would be too bright - but I was pleasantly surprised after seeing it in person. I think its a little more subdued than other red leathers, which I thought was perfect!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Contrasting interior

I wish I could have chosen a Tobacco interior with my Competizione Red Quad...but alas....not possible at the time of my order....

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I wish I could have chosen a Tobacco interior with my Competizione Red Quad...but alas....not possible at the time of my order....
Still not possible and I totally agree. But guys, you are all right! All of these look great. High contrast on the light colors over interiors. Black with red, red with tan. Blue with tan. Wow, Misano Blue, forgot about that one. Let me check my brochure I think there are 3 blues? But really, all of these combos are so nice. I think they will sell enough Ti's with red and tan to cover any losses on the Quads. ;)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.