Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

The All New Alfa Romeo Giulia MAXPower PRO Engine Control Module is here!

98K views 338 replies 53 participants last post by  MADNESS Autoworks 
#1 ·

After years in development, thousands of trouble free test miles on our own Alfa Romeo Giulia and Stelvio test vehicles along with a number of Independent Alfa Romeo Owners/ Beta Testers in North America, MADNESS Autoworks is excited to release the newest generation of Plug and Play Performance Modules for the Alfa Romeo Giulia. The new MAXPower Pro Engine Control Module is here!

The new MAXPower Pro is more than just an improvement over previous generation hardware, the MAXPower Pro now sets a standard for tuning products to come!

• HP and TQ Performance Gains of up to 20%
  • Simple and Direct Installation
  • Completely Reversible
  • Does NOT Trigger the Flash Counter on your vehicle
  • Best Value in a tuning upgrade for your Alfa Romeo Giulia
  • The Safest Tuning Option on the market
  • 3 Year Warranty / 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee

For more information / additional images click the link below:

https://madnessautoworks.com/alfa-r...ntrol-module-maxpower-pro-by-madness-pid10899

See less See more
#2 ·
We have included detailed dyno graphs from tests that have been performed by independent dyno tuning facilities. The charts clearly show rated power at the wheels (wheel power is lower than engine power that the factory shows) with identical upgrades (with and without the new MAXPower Pro ECM). Drivetrain loss is estimated between 15-20% depending on the equipment type and facilities used for testing. To make comparisons fair, we used the same vehicles, at the same dyno, during the same weather conditions and at the same engine temps - as all these factors can make a big difference in results.

#4 ·
We are expecting to have one available for the QV around Mid-February! ;)

#7 ·
I emailed with Madness about that yesterday, and while I found installation of the older MaxPower (non-BlueTooth) to be super easy, Madness is saying that the new MPPro is even easier, not requiring battery disconnect or steering reset procedure, not needing to connect to the hard-to-reach cam position sensor (which MP BT did), and not needing a power lead (I think; Madness said "no ground lead," but if battery isn't disconn'ed either, I'm thinking there's no power lead).

All that leaves, then, is hooking up the MPP wiring harness to the engine sensors for throttle, manifold pressure, and fuel pressure. To do that, just pull the two bolts on the front of the engine cover and pop that piece off, then unscrew the two bolts holding on the side cover and wiggle that piece up and out, and the plugs are right there. Slide back the locks on the plugs to pull them apart, click the MPP harness in, and button it all back up. Super easy, as in a 3 out of 10 on a difficulty scale, and only that high because you have to keep track of a few bolts!

Reactions: Fripp64 and wingler
#8 ·
Chad, I'm looking at the EC product. How do you like your existing tune? Also like the look of that AFE intake. I could go either way, and am not sold on the EC tune reliability yet. Are you?

#11 ·
Were these dyno numbers achieved with stock air and exhaust? Any expectations with your bmc filter/hose upgrade? Both hose and better flow exhaust? Thanks in advance.

#28 ·
Just ordered one. Gonna play with this until EC figures out how to flash my SGW equipped car. Would like to get more miles in as well.
Hey B, looking forward to your feedback.

Also, nice to meet you on the forums as well!

#34 ·
I'm relatively new to car mods, and I've never messed with the ECU before. I read that this system doesn't affect the flash counter, but is there still a risk that the system would affect the warranty on the car somehow? I understand that I would need to pull the system out before taking the car in for service, but is there any other major non-mechanical risk associated with it? MAXPower PRO seems great, but I've heard others complain about piggyback systems before.

Any advice?

#37 ·
I think the problem that some people are having with piggybacks is that in looking for the most economical option, they go with companies that try to sell devices for every make and model. My suggestion is to go with a tuner that specializes in your make. Sure it may be a little more expensive, but with that added cost comes the stress testing on your exact model that is needed to develop a safe reliable product.

#38 ·
Thanks for the responses Boo2boy and chaadster. I was originally leaning toward EURO+DRIVE, but it seems too complicated with the SGW module issue (my car was built post-February 2018) and overwrite procedure. I didn't know much about MAXPower before today, but I think that may be the direction I want to go.

#39 · (Edited)
I’m actually sorting through that issue right now. When trying to flash dual map P2, I kept getting the error 0x3311. EC and DimSport looked into it and said the SGW was the culprit. Now there are some workarounds, but they are more invasive than I’d like. I purchased a bypass module only to figure out that i can't access the SGW without removing the lower dash panel. There is another option that I am exploring and EC is concurrently working on a software patch but that may take months. Since I couldn’t wait to mod my car, I ordered the MaxPower Pro yesterday. Patience isn’t really my thing. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#45 ·
UPS says my Maxpower Pro will be delivered tomorrow- SO excited.
Eric and the team at Madness have been great to work with on this upgrade. I had originally ordered the GoPedal and Maxpower. They shipped it out to me last week and the next day the Maxpower Pro was announced.
Since then I've installed the GoPedal (WOW- Worth every penny) and I've sent my Maxpower back and they've shipped me the new Pro. I hope to have it on my car by the weekend.

Eric- I assume there will be instructions for installing will be included?

I'm with many of you wanting something that I can install and remove with ease (warranty work) but still gives me that extra "ooomph" I'm looking for without getting overly complicated.

I'll be happy to let everyone know my thoughts once it's installed.

J.

#51 ·
Hey Fripp, you called up just in time on that one last week! Glad we could get you taken care of as quickly as we did.

Instructions will be on the item listing this afternoon, otherwise I can email you a .pdf directly. Looking forward to your feedback, I'm excited for you!

#46 ·
Man, i'm jealous! I'm waiting for more stock to arrive so that I can take advantage of their upgrade trade-in program.
@Fripp64 Do post a review as soon as you can!

Reactions: Fripp64
#48 ·
After reading the posts here there doesn't seem to be a down side. Who wouldn't want 20% more torque and hp? The cost is really not a big issue. A PowerCommader V for my Super Duke cost nearly as much and was much more difficult to install. I'm wondering if there's a change in fuel mileage when not heavy on the go pedal?

#52 ·
Hi drdon,

Assuming no change to your driving habits, neither the GOPedal nor MaxPower Pro will adversely affect fuel economy. In some cases, you may actually see an improvement. On the other hand, if the positive changes encourage a heavier right foot... you'll probably see some change to fuel mileage, but you'll probably be smiling all the way back to the pump.

#49 ·
Getting the MaxPower Pro and MaxFlow Intake kit installed Friday. Getting the Remus Cat back in the next few weeks. Can't wait!!!!

#62 ·
The mount provides nothing more than a level, rectangular plate on which to place the MaxPower, so it will almost certainly work. There are no mounting holes, slots, or anything, it's just flat surface, so stick some 3M Dual Lock on the MaxPower Pro and press it on.

You know, I don't even see it on their website anymore, though...

#68 ·
I have the standard Max Power and after speaking with Erick I was informed that I can upgrade to the Pro unit for additional $250. Not sure if that's good investment for additional 10 horsepower. I wish they had the same offering as EC tune when they release stage 2 there is no additional charge. Maybe they can lower that $250 to something more reasonable.

#70 ·
Well, Madness have to deliver new hardware, too, not just new software, so I don't expect that should be free. They're also working with half of the gross dollars EC does, so the expectation on a free upgrade to MPP is not adding up to seem reasonable to me.

#72 ·
Is there a learning period for the module, or should the difference be felt immediately?