Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

301 - 315 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Yeah, Madness say up to 16% gains, and we're seeing 10% here. Who knows if that's natural variability of the engines, the dyno, climate, or what. 444rwhp baseline seems about right, though (from the perspective of drag time calcs and benchmarking QV 12sec times). An extra 45rwhp will shave half-a-second off the 1/4 mi time, though!
I'll let one of the resident drag strip experts chime in (e.g. @AlfaPhilly) but I think 45WHP on a QV is good for maybe a 10th or so.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,306 Posts
I'll let one of the resident drag strip experts chime in (e.g. @AlfaPhilly) but I think 45WHP on a QV is good for maybe a 10th or so.
Yeah, I certainly don't know, and just plugged the numbers into an online calculator, but the baseline dyno numbers did coincide with real results both based on AR engine power rating and multiple drag time results, so I reckoned the calculator had it figured correctly and would be accurate factoring in the 45rwhp gain as well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah, Madness say up to 16% gains, and we're seeing 10% here. Who knows if that's natural variability of the engines, the dyno, climate, or what. 444rwhp baseline seems about right, though (from the perspective of drag time calcs and benchmarking QV 12sec times). An extra 45rwhp will shave half-a-second off the 1/4 mi time, though!
Yes I ran a complete adaptation , using the tune for a bout a week
Before the dyno. I will say the base line was run by bypassing the piggyback tune with no adaptation as we were told no adaptation is required when reverting to stock

·
Registered
42 Posts
The power comes on earlier because they got on throttle earlier/lower rpm. Look at the graph on the far left and it's pretty obvious.
Is that right??? The way it looks to me and was explained the power bands "dark colors being tune + exhaust " blue, red and green. Start climbing right after 1900rpms, while tune alone doesn't start creating power until 2440 rpms

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
QV is all about getting tires to hook. I would think adding 45whp would give 1-2/10th improvements to most semi-skilled drivers. Keep in mind when car is tested by Alfa it’s a professional with a specifically prepped surface. PerfectDA. Temp. Race gas. Heated tires etc. I thought the baseline of 444 whp was very high for a stock qv. I think most are only putting 405-420at the wheels stock. I’m no expert but IMO you would need about 460-480 whp to shave .2-.3 off. And 500+whp to get in mid to low 11s. Again tires are everything. I’m sure a stock qv that hooks can run an 11.8 maybe 11.7!under certain conditions. The power is there. Unless you put it in dyno mode at drag strip there is no way to eliminate whatever safety nannie that kicks in on a hard WOT launch. Many qv owners will tell you there is something at play. It’s sudden but it can absolutely account for .2-.3 in 60’ times. Maybe more.

·
Vendor
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #310
Another happy customer getting their Giulia Quadrifoglio dialed in with our MADNESS MAXPower Pro!

"I can really feel the difference. These guy at Madness know there stuff. Great customer service , patient with any questions you may have, and there product really works. Thank you so much for everything you guys are good" - Harol

Find out why the MAXPower PRO outperforms all other Plug and Play Modules on the market by clicking the link below:

·
Vendor
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #311

·
Vendor
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #312

·
Vendor
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #313
MAXPower Pro modules feature the latest generation 64-bit processor along with proprietary software to deliver performance gains where it counts.
Instead of focusing on top end gains that users rarely reach, we focus on power gains in the mid range where you would actually feel them.

Our latest generation hardware and proprietary software allows us to provide you with significant boost in power that you WILL feel.
You can expect horsepower and torque gains of up to 20% throughout the power curve.

Find the MADNESS MAXPower PRO for your Alfa Romeo Giulia by visiting the link below:
Search - giulia maxpower - MADNESS Autoworks - Auto Parts and Accessories

·
Registered
119 Posts
MAXPower Pro modules feature the latest generation 64-bit processor along with proprietary software to deliver performance gains where it counts.
Instead of focusing on top end gains that users rarely reach, we focus on power gains in the mid range where you would actually feel them.

Our latest generation hardware and proprietary software allows us to provide you with significant boost in power that you WILL feel.
You can expect horsepower and torque gains of up to 20% throughout the power curve.

Find the MADNESS MAXPower PRO for your Alfa Romeo Giulia by visiting the link below:
Search - giulia maxpower - MADNESS Autoworks - Auto Parts and Accessories
Any future Max Power Pro software updates for the 2.0?

·
Vendor
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #315
Any future Max Power Pro software updates for the 2.0?
Hello beta2alfa,

Thank you for reaching out about the MADNESS MAXPower PRO.

At this time there are no software updates for the Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0L MAXPower PRO.

We have been using the MPP on our Giulia at the shop and haven't experienced any issues to warrant a software update for the MAXPower PRO.

As always if you have any other questions please feel free to contact us directly and one of our Team Members will be happy to help.

Thank you again.

301 - 315 of 315 Posts