Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

281 - 300 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
QV bracket install?

I received the supporting bracket but can't seem to figure out how that is supposed to install on the QV. Of course the instructions say nothing about it.

Anyone?
Hey Mike,

There should be a convenient nut to sandwich the plate on near the PS strut.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I started the install of my MPP on my QV. I was able to connect all the way until it was time to connect it to power. The instructions shows a fuse box location and how to connect. My QV has that same location, but NO FUSE box. Any other 2018 QV owners run into this? I missed the guys at Maxower yesterday and I REALLY was hoping to take this to the track tomorrow as there will not be any her test and tune day for over a month. For those who have installed it, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. I'm including pictures of MY QV where Maxpower said to connect to fuse box power. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Bndlad,

DM me your email address, I can send you a clearer shot. The power connection is at the 12V jumper panel on the front left of the engine bay. I believe we highlight the second nut from the front as the power draw.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I would like to see an install video for the 2.0 version of the MPPro (I have a base sport). Does one exist? TIA
Hi BalooSD.

No install video yet, though the .pdf instructions for the 2.0 are pretty clear cut.
Have a look at the Install Instructions.

The install video for the previous version can be used as reference for the boost/manifold pressure sensors. If you can identify those, the remaining connections for fuel pressure and 12v power (shown in the .pdf) will be a breeze.

Once we slow down a little in mid-spring, we should be able to make some headway on that. In the meantime, pop the hood, grab a 10mm socket, and have a look at what's under the cover - you may be surprised at how easily you're able to identify what goes where, and we're available by phone or email to assist as well.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Degrading response

I’ve had my 2018 Base for 4 months now and noticed my throttle response has degraded since the last 2. Especially since I came from two Infiniti sedans that would take a week to move (always fun pulling out of a parking lot). It seems like as these cars “learn” your driving habits, they then decide to settle down and take it easy. Don’t get me wrong, I still think it’s a blast to drive and still giddyaps, but she‘s not as crisp taking off as before.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,307 Posts
I’ve had my 2018 Base for 4 months now and noticed my throttle response has degraded since the last 2. Especially since I came from two Infiniti sedans that would take a week to move (always fun pulling out of a parking lot). It seems like as these cars “learn” your driving habits, they then decide to settle down and take it easy. Don’t get me wrong, I still think it’s a blast to drive and still giddyaps, but she‘s not as crisp taking off as before.
Do you have the MaxPower Pro installed?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I’m still anxiously waiting to see a dyno sheet for the MAXPower Pro for the QV and then plan to order mine.
How are you guys that installed one on our QV making out?

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
So, finally have the Maxflow Intake, MaxPower Pro, and Centerline Corsa exhaust all installed at the same time and Wow! Pulls and growls all the way up to the speed limit, with no sign of letting up.... Gonna have to track it to see what it can really do. Anyone know who can dyno our cars in socal? I've read that most shops don't have the correct equipment to accurately do it.
Do you have a 2019 Giulia?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Due to some unrelated dealer service, I had to remove the MPP and wire harness before the car went in. After several very easy MPP install/uninstalls in the past (i got it down to 15-20min each), I got a little rushed and careless and made a two boneheaded mistakes when reinstalling the harness today. I just wasn't my day today.

1) Upon the first start up I received a CEL, which was due to initially having the boost sensor reversed (fixing it cleared it right up). However, i went to double check the other connections and when trying to unclip the Fuel Pressure Sensor (plug D on the harness), i broke the little grey locking tab where the car's sensor harness plugs into the female end of the MPP harness. Its ok for now as the connection is good, but the plug is now locked in. How do i go about resolving this the next time i need to take the harness off? Has anyone dealt with breaking the locking clip on the sensor plugs before?

2) When popping the engine cover back off to fix the boost sensor plug, i dropped one of the 10mm bolts down into the engine compartment. I think it fell through and is sitting in the tray at the bottom, but i cant see it and it obviously didnt fall all the way through onto the garage floor. I know not to run the engine without the bolts in due to oil spray, so i borrowed the rear bolt from the side heat shield which is the same size except a few mm shorter. It bolted down and there was no spray, and the heat shied is held in pretty well by just the front bolt for now. Where can i pick up a replacement bolt for the engine cover so i can swap it back?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi Ryan,

Bummer on the little hiccups here. You can typically use a 90-degree dental pick to lift the locking part of the connector from the inside. Takes a little longer, but should be an easy fix.

Regarding the replacement bolt:

Two options:
1. Dealership or other OEM source. I can have a part number for you by tomorrow.
2. Take off the bolt in the parking lot of the hardware store and use it to match up thread pitch and size.

Option 1 is preferred; option 2 may be more convenient. Reach out to me directly via phone or email tomorrow morning; I should have that on hand.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'll just leave this right here for everyone following this post that's on the fence about pulling the trigger on the max power pro for the QV
Is your car stock outside of the MPP?

I installed the MPP in my 2.0 Giulia and although I didnt dyno it before or after the car PULLS like you wouldn’t believe!

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,307 Posts
I would have expected a bit more. Did you do some adaptation runs?
Yeah, Madness say up to 16% gains, and we're seeing 10% here. Who knows if that's natural variability of the engines, the dyno, climate, or what. 444rwhp baseline seems about right, though (from the perspective of drag time calcs and benchmarking QV 12sec times). An extra 45rwhp will shave half-a-second off the 1/4 mi time, though!

281 - 300 of 315 Posts