Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

261 - 280 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I started lifting weights in prison in 2004. Worked out for 5 years. Was in great shape. Lean. Solid 240lbs. Came home. Still work out but eat better food and have access to real vitamins and supplements and I’m 40 years old. Lean. Solid 255lbs my point is I don’t doubt your product works. But some people want lean. Solid 255lbs. Not lean solid 240lbs. Nothing wrong with either. To each his own. Both have risks. Both have upsides.
Guy...lean, solid 255lbs??! Really? Bad-assed!
Maybe not as lean as 10 yrs ago. I love meatballs and gravy too much. I enjoy life

Salute. Buon Cibo. Fedelta’. Famiglia

·
Registered
119 Posts
Do you have this available for the Giulia Quadrifoglio pictured with the promo?

Forgive what may be an ignorant question, but how does the MAXPower Pro affect FCA/Mopar warranties? I assume this device would void any factory or wrap Mopar warranty? I hope I'm wrong. Please advise.
Hi bruce,

Good question. I answered this earlier in the thread, though 27 pages can definitely be an eyeful to parse. Quick Link to Post 42

RE: Giulia Quadrifoglio MP PRO

We've shipped out several QV units so far and have done a few installs at both TX and CA shops. Most have been trouble free. A couple of those users are actually in this thread, though weather so far this season has not been the friendliest for full blast testing on the QV models.

Also, the Giulia pictured on the item listing image (if that's what you're asking about) is actually our 2.0 - we had the image handy and just needed to get an item listing up and running.

- Feedback from LBAlphaQV -

- Feedback from maddmike -

RE: WARRANTY
We make it as easy as possible for our users to avoid possible conflicts with dealership service departments and warranty.

As a baseline, the MaxPower Pro does not overwrite any programming on the factory ECU and will not raise the flash counter on the ECU. So no eyebrows raised there. The unit itself is completely reversible and can be removed without a trace.

The unit can be bypassed (leaving the harness installed but removing the MP Pro box itself) in about 30 seconds. Open the hood, decouple the box, pop in the bypass plug. That's more than adequate for basic office checkups.

If your dealership's service department runs a little stricter, the harness and box can be completely uninstalled in about 30-45 minutes. Maybe less if you have everything mapped out, I think our shop manager ripped one out in about 12 minutes on one of our dyno days.

I would highly recommend attempting the install on your own, just to familiarize yourself with the layout in case you need to pop everything out on your own.

Send me an email, I can send you instructions if they're not already on the item listing.

[email protected]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Too much to lose

We make it as easy as possible for our users to avoid possible conflicts with dealership service departments and warranty.

As a baseline, the MaxPower Pro does not overwrite any programming on the factory ECU and will not raise the flash counter on the ECU. So no eyebrows raised there. The unit itself is completely reversible and can be removed without a trace.

The unit can be bypassed (leaving the harness installed but removing the MP Pro box itself) in about 30 seconds. Open the hood, decouple the box, pop in the bypass plug. That's more than adequate for basic office checkups.

If your dealership's service department runs a little stricter, the harness and box can be completely uninstalled in about 30-45 minutes. Maybe less if you have everything mapped out, I think our shop manager ripped one out in about 12 minutes on one of our dyno days.

I would highly recommend attempting the install on your own, just to familiarize yourself with the layout in case you need to pop everything out on your own.

Send me an email, I can send you instructions if they're not already on the item listing.

[email protected][/QUOTE]

It sounds good, but I have too much to lose in CPO and wrap warranties. I'd love the addn'l HP and TQ, but not with the risk of voided warranties

·
Registered
119 Posts
It sounds good, but I have too much to lose in CPO and wrap warranties. I'd love the addn'l HP and TQ, but not with the risk of voided warranties
I understand your hesitance completely. Modding can be a lot of fun, unless it affects your peace of mind about your vehicle - hence why we always encourage people to to mod to their own comfort level. That said, total reversibility is a great feature of our products, but it's most useful for those who feel comfortable with the install in the first place - or who have a capable/trusted installer in close proximity.

Don't let me twist your arm here, but perhaps look into something like the GoPedal as a starting point before making the jump to something more advanced like the MP Pro?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi bruce,

Good question. I answered this earlier in the thread, though 27 pages can definitely be an eyeful to parse. Quick Link to Post 42

RE: Giulia Quadrifoglio MP PRO

We've shipped out several QV units so far and have done a few installs at both TX and CA shops. Most have been trouble free. A couple of those users are actually in this thread, though weather so far this season has not been the friendliest for full blast testing on the QV models.

Also, the Giulia pictured on the item listing image (if that's what you're asking about) is actually our 2.0 - we had the image handy and just needed to get an item listing up and running.

- Feedback from LBAlphaQV -

- Feedback from maddmike -

[email protected]
Eric,

I have two questions about the MPP:

1) is the engine warm up based on Temp or time? If so what value does it have to reach before the ECM is active?

2) if the MPP box is removed and the bypass installed does the MPP box have to go back through the “learning process” after it is reinstalled?

My QV has so much more pull, 0-80 feels like 0-60 used to. With warmer weather and dry roads the extra power is more planted to the tires vs when it was cold and rainy. I wish there were some empirical data showing how much more power/torque there actually is.

Great product, great support from Madness.

·
Registered
240 Posts
If I had one (an MPP) - I'd probably find a nice isolated straightaway where I could mark off a nice distance, say 1/4th mile or so. I'd run it WOT with the "learned" MPP 2 or 3 times and take my average trap speed (a passenger is helpful here). Then I'd put in the bypass plug and run it 2 or 3 times again and take my average trap speed and then I'd compare those two trap speeds. What you'll find is that trap speed is a lot more consistent than elapsed time, as an overly aggressive launch will kill ET but not have nearly the effect on trap speed. This should give empirical evidence of an HP increase. Or simplify things and use a draggy with the after/before test. (that way learning isn't an issue)

·
Registered
185 Posts
If I had one (an MPP) - I'd probably find a nice isolated straightaway where I could mark off a nice distance, say 1/4th mile or so. I'd run it WOT with the "learned" MPP 2 or 3 times and take my average trap speed (a passenger is helpful here). Then I'd put in the bypass plug and run it 2 or 3 times again and take my average trap speed and then I'd compare those two trap speeds. What you'll find is that trap speed is a lot more consistent than elapsed time, as an overly aggressive launch will kill ET but not have nearly the effect on trap speed. This should give empirical evidence of an HP increase. Or simplify things and use a draggy with the after/before test. (that way learning isn't an issue)
I was thinking the same thing....only finding an open and clear 1/4mi in Los Angeles is the issue.

Would driving the car in the same gear at the same rpm result in a difference in speed between the MPP and the bypass.
i.e. drive at 4000 rpm in 3rd record my speed and then perform the same with the bypass?
Or do the gear ratios always produce the same speed of the car at the same rpm in the same gear regardless of bhp?
I would assume since the MPP hp and torque curves are higher at the same engine rpm then the speed should also be higher?

I’m sure someone much smarter then me has the mathematical answer to this question:)

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I was thinking the same thing....only finding an open and clear 1/4mi in Los Angeles is the issue.

Would driving the car in the same gear at the same rpm result in a difference in speed between the MPP and the bypass.
i.e. drive at 4000 rpm in 3rd record my speed and then perform the same with the bypass?
Or do the gear ratios always produce the same speed of the car at the same rpm in the same gear regardless of bhp?
I would assume since the MPP hp and torque curves are higher at the same engine rpm then the speed should also be higher?

I’m sure someone much smarter then me has the mathematical answer to this question/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
2 cars with the same gearing and rear end driving in the same gear at the same speed will be at the same rpm. Regardless of engine/power/etc.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Maybe not as lean as 10 yrs ago. I love meatballs and gravy too much. I enjoy life

Salute. Buon Cibo. Fedelta’. Famiglia

You put brown gravy on meatballs....lol

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,307 Posts
Uh, you guys are either brave or stupid, because don't you know AlfaPhilly is a diesel 255? :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
So last night I uninstalled the MPP on my Ti Sport. I have to take the car in for 2 recalls and I’m very hesitant to leave the MPP installed and have something said about it. I lease my car so I’m a little paranoid. Uninstalling didn’t take long, but I messed up a connector a little trying to get the MPP disconnected from one of the factory harnesses. Now when that connector is but back to the way it was originally it’s not clicking in securely. Had to use a couple small zip ties to make sure it doesn’t wiggle loose. After finishing up I had a passing thought that I might not reinstall. It’s pretty easy to take in and out but I’m really skittish about screwing something up on my leased car. Well, that idea went out of my head quickly when I drove the car without the MPP today. What a difference. I guess I’d grown used to it and had kind of forgotten how much more fun the car is with it installed. Feels pretty feeble going back to stock. So I guess I’ll be reinstalling after my recall appointment and hoping and praying I don’t mess anything else up!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Eric,

I have two questions about the MPP:

1) is the engine warm up based on Temp or time? If so what value does it have to reach before the ECM is active?

2) if the MPP box is removed and the bypass installed does the MPP box have to go back through the “learning process” after it is reinstalled?

My QV has so much more pull, 0-80 feels like 0-60 used to. With warmer weather and dry roads the extra power is more planted to the tires vs when it was cold and rainy. I wish there were some empirical data showing how much more power/torque there actually is.

Great product, great support from Madness.
Hi LB:

1. Time. Cold start timer is set to 10 mins, unless the throttle pedal is fully depressed (which will cancel out the timer).

2. There's a de-adaptation period, usually about 20 miles is plenty to cycle out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I started the install of my MPP on my QV. I was able to connect all the way until it was time to connect it to power. The instructions shows a fuse box location and how to connect. My QV has that same location, but NO FUSE box. Any other 2018 QV owners run into this? I missed the guys at Maxower yesterday and I REALLY was hoping to take this to the track tomorrow as there will not be any her test and tune day for over a month. For those who have installed it, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. I'm including pictures of MY QV where Maxpower said to connect to fuse box power. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I started the install of my MPP on my QV. I was able to connect all the way until it was time to connect it to power. The instructions shows a fuse box location and how to connect. My QV has that same location, but NO FUSE box. Any other 2018 QV owners run into this? I missed the guys at Maxower yesterday and I REALLY was hoping to take this to the track tomorrow as there will not be any her test and tune day for over a month. For those who have installed it, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. I'm including pictures of MY QV where Maxpower said to connect to fuse box power. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Is there something (like a nut/stud) you can tap into on the red remote jump start terminal?

·
Registered
710 Posts
I dunno. I will have to check that out. Good one.

There are two different sets of instructions. One of them has how to connect it on the QV. I have both sets, if you PM me your email I'll get it to you but it is just to put it on the jump start terminal.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
So, finally have the Maxflow Intake, MaxPower Pro, and Centerline Corsa exhaust all installed at the same time and Wow! Pulls and growls all the way up to the speed limit, with no sign of letting up.... Gonna have to track it to see what it can really do. Anyone know who can dyno our cars in socal? I've read that most shops don't have the correct equipment to accurately do it.

·
Registered
710 Posts
QV bracket install?

I received the supporting bracket but can't seem to figure out how that is supposed to install on the QV. Of course the instructions say nothing about it.

Anyone?

261 - 280 of 315 Posts