Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 315 Posts

·
Vendor
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

After years in development, thousands of trouble free test miles on our own Alfa Romeo Giulia and Stelvio test vehicles along with a number of Independent Alfa Romeo Owners/ Beta Testers in North America, MADNESS Autoworks is excited to release the newest generation of Plug and Play Performance Modules for the Alfa Romeo Giulia. The new MAXPower Pro Engine Control Module is here!

The new MAXPower Pro is more than just an improvement over previous generation hardware, the MAXPower Pro now sets a standard for tuning products to come!

• HP and TQ Performance Gains of up to 20%
  • Simple and Direct Installation
  • Completely Reversible
  • Does NOT Trigger the Flash Counter on your vehicle
  • Best Value in a tuning upgrade for your Alfa Romeo Giulia
  • The Safest Tuning Option on the market
  • 3 Year Warranty / 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee
For more information / additional images click the link below:

https://madnessautoworks.com/alfa-romeo-giulia-20l-engine-control-module-maxpower-pro-by-madness-pid10899

·
Vendor
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We have included detailed dyno graphs from tests that have been performed by independent dyno tuning facilities. The charts clearly show rated power at the wheels (wheel power is lower than engine power that the factory shows) with identical upgrades (with and without the new MAXPower Pro ECM). Drivetrain loss is estimated between 15-20% depending on the equipment type and facilities used for testing. To make comparisons fair, we used the same vehicles, at the same dyno, during the same weather conditions and at the same engine temps - as all these factors can make a big difference in results.

·
Vendor
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,306 Posts
Very interesting! Can you provide any instructions on how this is installed? I’d like to see if it’s something I can tackle myself. Thanks!
I emailed with Madness about that yesterday, and while I found installation of the older MaxPower (non-BlueTooth) to be super easy, Madness is saying that the new MPPro is even easier, not requiring battery disconnect or steering reset procedure, not needing to connect to the hard-to-reach cam position sensor (which MP BT did), and not needing a power lead (I think; Madness said "no ground lead," but if battery isn't disconn'ed either, I'm thinking there's no power lead).

All that leaves, then, is hooking up the MPP wiring harness to the engine sensors for throttle, manifold pressure, and fuel pressure. To do that, just pull the two bolts on the front of the engine cover and pop that piece off, then unscrew the two bolts holding on the side cover and wiggle that piece up and out, and the plugs are right there. Slide back the locks on the plugs to pull them apart, click the MPP harness in, and button it all back up. Super easy, as in a 3 out of 10 on a difficulty scale, and only that high because you have to keep track of a few bolts!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Chad, I'm looking at the EC product. How do you like your existing tune? Also like the look of that AFE intake. I could go either way, and am not sold on the EC tune reliability yet. Are you?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just saw that, thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Were these dyno numbers achieved with stock air and exhaust? Any expectations with your bmc filter/hose upgrade? Both hose and better flow exhaust? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,306 Posts
Chaad, I'm looking at the EC product. How do you like your existing tune? Also like the look of that AFE intake. I could go either way, and am not sold on the EC tune reliability yet. Are you?
I'm very happy with my existing MaxPower tune! It was very easy to install, provides the ease-of-removal I like for my lease car, and most importantly, added the extra juice I wanted to feel more confident in the car, particularly for passing maneuvers.

This older MaxPower is not so powerful, obviously, that it changes the character of the car, but it did improve the drive experience, in my opinion.

Regarding the EuroCompulsion tune, it's not that I have doubts of the reliability so much, it's rather the complexity of installation and concerns of managing a flash tune which kept me away from it. Again, I have a lease, so I didn't want to wind up in a position where I might have a problem with the car which causes it to be towed to the dealer, and me not have the chance to flash back to stock. With MaxPower, in that same situation, I just pop the hood and pull the box, replacing it with the bypass plug I keep in the dash storage bin under the headlight switch. Sure, the harness is still there, so I suppose that could be an issue, but I'm guessing that won't cause the same kinds of service alarms which a custom flash tune would.

Beyond that, I was really tempted by the EC P2 tune for the pops and bangs feature, which would probably be so much fun, but yeah, between the basic issues I outlined above and the teething problems with the P2 installation, I lost my enthusiasm for now. Had P2 rolled out seamlessly, I might have jumped in already since I've had a perfect year of ownership in the Giulia and don't worry about its reliability anymore as I did initially, so I'd be much more comfy going the flash tune route. I'm not interested in all the techno-futzing with the flash tune; I'm an Apple guy, and would need to run a Windows emulator to install it, which is just really, really unappealing.

I just bought the AFE intake but haven't installed it yet, although I did put it in my sig line, which was premature. I bought it second hand from member @Scott555, so maybe he can speak to it for you. I've got a BMC filter in the stock intake housing/piping, and that has been fine, but I really can't say if it was a noticeable improvement since I put it in at pretty much the same time I added the MaxPower and GoPedal+, so there was too much going on for me to single out the filter.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,306 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Thanks, Wingler. It's kind of funny having these two, very similar threads running concurrently. Posting links to connect them was a good call.
No problem chaadster, it’s kind of like the parallel cold weather start threads.....seems to happen a lot and using the search function is kind of a crapshoot so I can see why.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Very interesting! Can you provide any instructions on how this is installed? I’d like to see if it’s something I can tackle myself. Thanks!
I emailed with Madness about that yesterday, and while I found installation of the older MaxPower (non-BlueTooth) to be super easy, Madness is saying that the new MPPro is even easier, not requiring battery disconnect or steering reset procedure, not needing to connect to the hard-to-reach cam position sensor (which MP BT did), and not needing a power lead (I think; Madness said "no ground lead," but if battery isn't disconn'ed either, I'm thinking there's no power lead).

All that leaves, then, is hooking up the MPP wiring harness to the engine sensors for throttle, manifold pressure, and fuel pressure. To do that, just pull the two bolts on the front of the engine cover and pop that piece off, then unscrew the two bolts holding on the side cover and wiggle that piece up and out, and the plugs are right there. Slide back the locks on the plugs to pull them apart, click the MPP harness in, and button it all back up. Super easy, as in a 3 out of 10 on a difficulty scale, and only that high because you have to keep track of a few bolts!
Thanks for the info! That does sound easy! Now I just have to make myself pull the trigger. My only concern is running into an issue since my Giulia is leased, but I suppose that shouldn’t be an issue since I can quickly pop this sucker out if I need to go into the shop.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,306 Posts
Thanks for the info! That does sound easy! Now I just have to make myself pull the trigger. My only concern is running into an issue since my Giulia is leased, but I suppose that shouldn’t be an issue since I can quickly pop this sucker out if I need to go into the shop.
I fully uninstalled my MaxPower once-- by which I mean I pulled the box and the wiring harness-- in order to take my car into the dealer for the 10k mile service, and it only took me about 20 minutes.

Completely pulling the MaxPowerPro should take about 5 minutes less (presuming there are no ground and power leads to remove).

Just pulling the ECM box and replacing it with the bypass plug takes mere seconds, and should be sufficient in most cases to not cause difficulty at the dealer.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'm in the exact same place as Chad, regarding EC-P2 and the lease. This looks appealing. The only downfall I see is that $600 is on expensive side for a piggyback tune.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I fully uninstalled my MaxPower once-- by which I mean I pulled the box and the wiring harness-- in order to take my car into the dealer for the 10k mile service, and it only took me about 20 minutes.

Completely pulling the MaxPowerPro should take about 5 minutes less (presuming there are no ground and power leads to remove).

Just pulling the ECM box and replacing it with the bypass plug takes mere seconds, and should be sufficient in most cases to not cause difficulty at the dealer.
I’ve emailed Madness to see if they can send me full installation instructions. I may go ahead and order one soon!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Is the new one able to sense DNA modes at all? Also it WIFI or BT enabled? (guess that might be a challenge with no battery connection).

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,306 Posts
Is the new one able to sense DNA modes at all? Also it WIFI or BT enabled? (guess that might be a challenge with no battery connection).
This is Eric at Madness on that question in an email to me:

"MP Pro right now is non-BT; I think the DNA + GOPedal do a good enough job at modulating power and delivery."

1 - 20 of 315 Posts